H100: Taylor breaks record by debuting 10 tracks in the top 10, all tracks in top 50

Renan90

I wonder how this counts for her overall artist points considering that only singles were allowed to chart in previous decades. Will she just rack up Hot 100 points without adjustment for older acts?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• simmnfierzig

• Brando

I know a lot of the power in the numbers is due to Taylor being Taylor alone.

I just want to say this also proves that promo works and also making great quality music along with multiple solid bops has a huge impact. If Taylor just dropped this out of the blue and the songs were not radio friendly it wouldn’t have done nearly as well. I’m so happy Taylor pulled another 1989. Other pop stars need to take note ? 

Congrats to Taylor, this is historic.

That aside, this should signal to everyone that we as a community of people interested in the business of music have moved passed the need to give charts that much weight. At this rate, they really mean nothing.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

I wonder how this counts for her overall artist points considering that only singles were allowed to chart in previous decades. Will she just rack up Hot 100 points without adjustment for older acts?

Not sure if billboard has made adjustments ever for counting non singles now, but billboard adjusts different parts of different charts often. With that said, they also neglect to adjust certain things. I wish billboard always just included everything they do now, it makes more sense to include non-singles, holiday songs, etc… cause it truly shows what is the most popular every week. The only thing they really have that takes away from the true top 100 songs each week is that they make songs go recurrent over time.

31 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I just saw that Taylor made AIW leave the hot 100 :skull:, do we know who else did she send out?

:ahh: 

4 minutes ago, Domination said:

That aside, this should signal to everyone that we as a community of people interested in the business of music have moved passed the need to give charts that much weight. At this rate, they really mean nothing.

Since Taylor broke a ton of records it suddenly means the charts mean nothing? Where was this energy when Drake had 9 of the top 10 a year ago? If anything the charts are more accurate than ever. It shows what the US is truly consuming each week. Billboard is working to make the charts more accurate all the time, removing bundle deals, capping the number of purchases per credit card that are counted, investigating artists personal stores sales, allowing non-singles and holiday songs to chart, etc… The main issue in the charts at the moment is radio, as it contains questionable aspects like radio deals, blacklisting, favoritism, ageism, and more. Billboard mentioned she didn’t even need radio (and even sales) to take the entire top 10. Another issue is the recurrent rule, as it removes older songs but then doesn’t show the true top 100 songs consumed in the US each week.

She earned this and the achievement should be respected as so.

26 minutes ago, Domination said:

It's an interesting statement, considering we have more access to detailed breakdowns of music consumption than at any point before in history.

50 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I just saw that Taylor made AIW leave the hot 100 :skull:, do we know who else did she send out?

:skull:

Oh wow

Question? did that

46 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

No, it just only left the Top 15: 

(although I wish it had left the Hot 100, but that would mean every song but Unholy and Bad Habit dropped out.)

8 hours ago, Green said:

Taylor should re-release her debut album in a weak week so that way all her studio albums would be #1

She could release Debut TV on a strong week and still be #1

spacer.png

People who take the “Taylor suddenly broke [x] record, so now these things are meaningless” route will always make me kii. Such a bitter stance to take.

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

No, it just only left the Top 15: 

(although I wish it had left the Hot 100, but that would mean every song but Unholy and Bad Habit dropped out.)

Oh yeah, I saw it says top 10. Suddenly I can’t read :rip:

Just wow. Occupying the entire top 10. We really thought we saw it all when Ari occupied the top 3. No one is touching Taylor. She is THAT artist of our lifetime. Not even male artists are doing this. Taylor Swift, Artist of our Lifetime

this is INSANE.. 

but still curious if she can make a REAL hit out of this album..

58 minutes ago, Headlock said:

She could release Debut TV on a strong week and still be #1

spacer.png

I'm talking about the original album that peaked at #5. With a re-release or even some small campaign in a weak week maybe it could return and peak at #1 on the Billboard 200. But I doubt she would do that since it's a Big Machine album.

And obviously the Taylor Version will debut at #1

29 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

this is INSANE.. 

Anti-hero seems like it will be a multi-week #1. The second week at #1 is locked

6 minutes ago, Green said:

I'm talking about the original album that peaked at #5. With a re-release or even some small campaign in a weak week maybe it could return and peak at #1 on the Billboard 200. But I doubt she would do that since it's a Big Machine album.

And obviously the Taylor Version will debut at #1

I think Taylor cares more about spiting Scooter for life than having all her albums be #1, petty queen

spacer.png

Until she eventually buys her masters back and she re-releases 13 variants as a celebration and it does go #1 after all

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

this is INSANE.. 

Anti-Hero is literally right there sis

spacer.png

1 hour ago, PurrKaty said:

Since Taylor broke a ton of records it suddenly means the charts mean nothing? Where was this energy when Drake had 9 of the top 10 a year ago? If anything the charts are more accurate than ever. It shows what the US is truly consuming each week. Billboard is working to make the charts more accurate all the time, removing bundle deals, capping the number of purchases per credit card that are counted, investigating artists personal stores sales, allowing non-singles and holiday songs to chart, etc… The main issue in the charts at the moment is radio, as it contains questionable aspects like radio deals, blacklisting, favoritism, ageism, and more. Billboard mentioned she didn’t even need radio (and even sales) to take the entire top 10. Another issue is the recurrent rule, as it removes older songs but then doesn’t show the true top 100 songs consumed in the US each week.

She earned this and the achievement should be respected as so.

Mental gymnastics lmao. She should be respected, but at this rate the chart is bankrupt in that it has no idea what it represents. This did not need an essay.

Her power is absolutely insane. All those flop album tracks on the hot 100 top 10 :deadbanana2:

kSvSgRK.gif

19 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

this is INSANE.. 

Anti-Hero already passed 100M streams on Spotify, you tried

1 minute ago, enchanted0 said:

Anti-Hero already passed 100M streams on Spotify, you tried

11 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Anti-Hero is literally right there sis

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Green said:

Anti-hero seems like it will be a multi-week #1. The second week at #1 is locked

waiting for it to be as inescapable as AS IT WAS or EASY ON ME.. so far i heard nothing of it in public, just the stan world for now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.