Rate Rihanna's "Lift Me Up" | User Score - 5.4 (=)

OreGuy

Rate it.  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How's the song?

I think I prefer Sledgehammer to this and that’s… saying something.

Like I don’t know if I’m overreacting but my instinct is that this is one of, if not the most, embarrassing musical comeback moments of all time :rip:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spree

• OreGuy

• Selenasworld

• naval23

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact this single has only 1 thread (whereas I thought there would be at least 7-10), kinda proves she has declined.  If this was a new Taylor/Gaga/Beyonce/Adele, etc. lead single there would be dozens of threads.  But only 1 for this one.  After 6 years? why?

Its boring. Sounds pretty, but um... Yeah

Song is cute, I love the instrumental and her vocals 

but I expected more

so I give it a 6.

It's pleasant to listen to but underwhelming on first listen. Gave it 6.

Edited by UThinkUrMovinOnBut

Man, I love Rihanna but the song is a borefest. I listened once and that’s enough for me, it’s terrible. 

1 hour ago, spree said:

the fact this single has only 1 thread (whereas I thought there would be at least 7-10), kinda proves she has declined.  If this was a new Taylor/Gaga/Beyonce/Adele, etc. lead single there would be dozens of threads.  But only 1 for this one.  After 6 years? why?

She hasn't served anything yet. No visual, no performance,.... This is her testing the waters before diving in with a proper era.

And of course she would decline after such a long time being retired.

Its a cute ballad for the end of the movie, her voice sounds good, maybe it can boring a little bit boring in some parts but I think good enough for movie.

It's a 7

if ATRL despises something it means the GP loves it! 

This reminds me of those 90s soundtrack songs. Its low key her I Will Always Love You / My Heart Will Go On moment

1 hour ago, spree said:

Navy are too embarassed to talk about this snoozefest :zzz:

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

A solid 5 but if it gets her an Oscar I don't care how lame it is.

ezgif-6-01b720b92366.thumb.gif.f78c907ec

But I thought y all don't care about this Juicy J award ? 

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

if ATRL despises something it means the GP loves it! 

This reminds me of those 90s soundtrack songs. Its low key her I Will Always Love You / My Heart Will Go On moment

:skull:

7/10

The chorus is really beautiful, but the verses aren’t doing it for me yet.

Overall a beautiful song, I’m not disappointed.

1 hour ago, Fruity said:

Like I don’t know if I’m overreacting but my instinct is that this is one of, if not the most, embarrassing musical comeback moments of all time :rip:

so weird...yes ur overreacting. it has been explicitly stated that this is a tribute song to a well beloved actor and one of rihanna's friends, who died from cancer. it's embarrassing how? I personally think that's gorgeous. ur just pressed she's not doing shaking her ass to an upbeat song this time around.

It’s not her best, and it’s not intended to be her lead single, just a song to honor a very brave and heroic man. The harmonies, Melodie’s and vocals are gorgeous, 10/10 in that aspect. The song itself, feels a little short and I wish it went somewhere a little more. But as a song 7/10. Over all id guess I’d give it a 8.5/10 

this is very bland ugh i'm so disappointed 

A stunning 10. Deserved to be the superbowl final song.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.