Do you go after retail employees who mistreat you?

Starfish

I had a bad experience with a retail worker last month where a big German shoe store sold me a faulty product and when I took it back for an exchange 5 days later and I had the receipt, she was not willing to swap it for another product. 

I became enraged for days. I could have written to customer service but I know the people in there are powerless, at most I could get a refund and be done with it. But it wasn't about the money, more about the disrespect. 

So instead I found her Company's CEO, CFO & HR manager on LinkedIn. I connected with them and they even accepted the request. I complained to each of them over the next few days, which they were surprisingly interested in, I guess because they don't know what goes on in the ground floor of their stoors. So I was able to give them a detailed account of what happened. 

Well, today the HR manager wrote to me saying that they fired the person who did this to me. Which is nice, but also not a satisfying since you can find another retail job easily. I just don't know how to move on from the anger over her behaviour. It wasn't even a pricy item and she still wasn't willing to exchange it for another that doesn't cause foot pain. 

How to move on? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foreverwinter13

• ALΞX

• Kavish

• MardinBeksloy

Just let her go, she already been fired. You don't need to ruin someone's life over shoes. 

You complained and the company made an action. That is enough. 

Don't be pure evil sis! That person still needs to live and feed her family.

If you want to ruin her life, you are sick :giraffe:

2 minutes ago, xclusivestylesz said:

Try to move on to a psychiatrist 

Seems like the good sis wants to ruin someone's life and still not happy that the person got fired. 

A total Karen

5 minutes ago, xclusivestylesz said:

:rip:

24 minutes ago, Starfish said:

I had a bad experience with a retail worker last month where a big German shoe store sold me a faulty product and when I took it back for an exchange 5 days later and I had the receipt, she was not willing to swap it for another product. 

I became enraged for days. I could have written to customer service but I know the people in there are powerless, at most I could get a refund and be done with it. But it wasn't about the money, more about the disrespect. 

So instead I found her Company's CEO, CFO & HR manager on LinkedIn. I connected with them and they even accepted the request. I complained to each of them over the next few days, which they were surprisingly interested in, I guess because they don't know what goes on in the ground floor of their stoors. So I was able to give them a detailed account of what happened. 

Well, today the HR manager wrote to me saying that they fired the person who did this to me. Which is nice, but also not a satisfying since you can find another retail job easily. I just don't know how to move on from the anger over her behaviour. It wasn't even a pricy item and she still wasn't willing to exchange it for another that doesn't cause foot pain. 

How to move on? 

This story still doesn't provide the outcome. So when did you get the refund/exchange?

23 minutes ago, Starfish said:

How to move on? 

She was probably right not to accept your return to begin with. You probably knocked the rhinestones off with your big feet!

But alas, I think think you made this up for attention. I highly doubt a HR manager would confirm they fired someone because of your request. They would simply say that action was taken

Don't you have better things to do? I doubt they actually fired her they probably just told you that to get your pathetic ass to leave them alone. :skull:

Over a pair of cheap shoes? Did she spit in your face and call you a sissy? And you’re still mad over it?? :hoetenks:

23 minutes ago, xclusivestylesz said:

indeed 

Create a fake account using a picture from thispersondoesnotexist.com.  Follow her socials and keep tabs on her daily activities.  Leave nice comments on her posts until she is acquainted by your positive presence.  After a while, start DMing her and befriend her.  Eventually, she will tell you the details of her new job.  Then you go on LinkedIn again and expose her past behaviour to her new managers.  Don't forget to exaggerate and lie to worsen her image.  Meanwhile, you keep being her online "friend" and emotional support.

Concurrently, hire someone to follow her around in real life and to wait until she is alone.  Then have that someone trip her over and walk on her ankles.  This will be her karma for not wanting to exchange your shoes and exposing you to more foot pain.  

All of these will cause her distress and she will turn to you for more support.  But this is when you dip and leave her alone with her troubles.  Disable your account, and savor the sweet justice that has been served.  

Get help if you get satisfaction out of an employee getting fired you should question your level of empathy.

5 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Create a fake account using a picture from thispersondoesnotexist.com.  Follow her socials and keep tabs on her daily activities.  Leave nice comments on her posts until she is acquainted by your positive presence.  After a while, start DMing her and befriend her.  Eventually, she will tell you the details of her new job.  Then you go on LinkedIn again and expose her past behaviour to her new managers.  Don't forget to exaggerate and lie to worsen her image.  Meanwhile, you keep being her online "friend" and emotional support.

Concurrently, hire someone to follow her around in real life and to wait until she is alone.  Then have that someone trip her over and walk on her ankles.  This will be her karma for not wanting to exchange your shoes and exposing you to more foot pain.  

All of these will cause her distress and she will turn to you for more support.  But this is when you dip and leave her alone with her troubles.  Disable your account, and savor the sweet justice that has been served.  

OMG :rip:

All of that efforr over a cheap shoes :gaycat4:

4 minutes ago, pierreleswiftie said:

Get help if you get satisfaction out of an employee getting fired you should question your level of empathy.

A true narcissist :jonnycat:

It's just a pair of 15 Euro shoes you got from Deichmann, chile.

Edited by arceus

I work retail. I’m more annoyed by aggravating customers who act entitled, ask stupid questions, and have family reunions in the middle of every aisle. 

Edited by ALΞX

1 hour ago, Starfish said:

How to move on? 

YOU are the issue in this situation. 
NOT the retail worker. 

YOU. 

30 minutes ago, foreverwinter13 said:

OMG :rip:

All of that efforr over a cheap shoes :gaycat4:

OP doesn't dress for friends

Lately she's been dressing for revenge

6575C0EC-520A-4A90-B05B-BB0FAAC39F56.thu

1 hour ago, Starfish said:

Well, today the HR manager wrote to me saying that they fired the person who did this to me. Which is nice

success :clap:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.