Anne Hathaway says she still wants "Princess Diaries 3"

okgo

In January 2019, Hathaway confirmed they were actively working on a third film and that she, Julie Andrews, and producer Debra Martin Chase were on board. However, Andrews said in a June 2022 interview that she felt a third film would be unlikely and too late, especially since director Garry Marshall had already died - but she would be up for it with the right script.

Hathaway recently sat down with ET's Rachel Smith to discuss her upcoming movie, Armageddon Time, but also took a moment to rave about the possibility of making a Princess Diaries 3 and the chance to work with the "magnificent" Julie Andrews once again.

"I would more than entertain it, I'm pulling for it," Hathaway shared. "If there's any way to get Julie Andrews involved, I think we would make it work. We would go to where she was and put a green screen behind her and just make it happen."

They've been talking about this movie for years now what are they waiting for? :lakitu:

2 hours ago, Venice B said:

They've been talking about this movie for years now what are they waiting for? :lakitu:

Probably Disney being difficult, as they notoriously are. Whoopi Goldbeg for exemple has talked about how she asked them for years for another Sister Act movie prior to it being confirmed in 2018 but Disney had other plans for the IP at the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.