Kim Petras & Sam Smith score their first #1 Hot 100 with 'Unholy'

Alfred

so happy for the "Icy" hitmaker :clap3:

wow. im happier for @Yog than I am for Sam. Kiddo rides hard. congrats :katie2:

3 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

wow. im happier for @Yog than I am for Sam. Kiddo rides hard. congrats :katie2:

The way said "What 4th album curse", talk about an career comeback after such an messy album rollout :alexz:

Never in a million years would I have believed you if you told me that Sam & Kim would score a number one in 2022 :deadbanana:

But I’m happy for them. Hopefully she will get to release her album now. And please officially release HIFTB :gaycat4:

Don’t like the song but :clap3: is it the first #1 by an NB artist? Let the gay agenda begin

Stay With Me should have been Sam's first  no.1 :chick3:

Still... Congrats to Sam and Kim, a very Iconic moment for LGBTQ+ artist. :clap3:

Justice for ICY! :clap3: Now Go and stream turn the lights off!

Wow. :clap3:  Congrats to them, so deserved!

Tik Tok can do wonders. I would have never ever believed it if you told me that Smith and Petras would get a #1 song just a few weeks ago. It seems so easy nowadays. The song is good though !

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Tik Tok can do wonders. I would have never ever believed it if you told me that Smith and Petras would get a #1 song just a few weeks ago. It seems so easy nowadays. The song is good though !

TikTok can do wonders for artists who’s been consistently making hits since 2012 and still hasn’t received an top spot in the most powerful market music in the world, I think Sam should get an slide tbh 

Edited by Yog

Glad to see a positive thread so far. This is huge! I'm really happy for them, especially Kim. I've had the pleasure of meeting her a handful of times (even kicking it with her, smoked together lol) and she is a very genuine, hard-working person. She is beyond deserving of not only this success, but hopefully the success that is to come. Really cool to witness a trans artist going #1 on the BBH100 too! That's literally historic.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a lot of long overdue recognition for Kim and her work. Now maybe we can give "Hillside Boys" the Truth Hurts treatment. :duca:

hideous song BUT it's a win for the LGBT community - I gotta give it to them :clap3:

1 hour ago, Golden Hour said:

I've had the pleasure of meeting her a handful of times (even kicking it with her, smoked together lol)

Whaaatt!! I need the full story NOW. She seems so cool.

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Kim is the first trans person to achieve this accomplishment in history. It's also both Sam and Kim's first #1 :clap3:

Sam is also a trans person and they achieved it as a lead artist. :biblio:

It’s crazy that Sam didn’t have one before and it’s crazy that Kim pulled it off so good for both of them.

I was scrolling through the news just now and some conservative media has actually picked up on this and having a meltdown over a non-binary person and a trans person getting a #1 with a song called Unholy LMAOOO :sadviolin:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.