1899 | November 17 | Netflix | From the Creators of Dark

ChapelHooker

I'll definitely be watching this. Dark was the best TV series I have ever seen in my entire life so I have high expectations for this. 

Finally, a date :jonny:

Dark was pretty much one of the best things to happen to TV in the past few years (plus it introduced me to Agnes Obel). Can't wait, lemme whip out my notebook :rip:

Didn't know there wasn't a thread for this series yet. So excited, can't wait to be fully gagged the whole time. :jonnycat:

Yesss can't wait for this!  Looks awesome!

I love Dark, but I hope this one doesn't have multiple timelines / parallel universes.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm suprised that the critical reception is kinda meh/mixed so far. :rip: 

I think I'll binge it this weekend. I heard some really good feedback about  it today from some friends

This was a really interesting show. I liked it a lot. The last two episodes definitely took the show to a different direction quickly lol

This show is not as good as the dark. Because the characters are just not that appealing. But let's wait for the mysteries to unravel in the future seasons to judge fully.

I agree. This was not on the same level as Dark. Still intringuing though. I hope there is a 2nd season.

I watched the first two episodes so far. Love it. I have so many questions. Don't even know where to begin.

Is Dark or 1899 better? I don't know. The bar is high and Dark is unique. But it looks like that 1899 is another excellent show that is high above the average.

12 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Does dark have gay characters 

Iirc there are some minor queer characters but don't expect too much. Dark is still deutsche qualität though.

Why are yall semi dragging, it has 85% on RT? 

Anyway watched the ep1, seems very promising. I love the turn of the 20th century stories, it's such a great setting considering the world started to change dramatically and so many cultures started mixing together. Plus the ship setting is giving Agatha Christie mystery which I'll never not like

The worst thing so far are the incredibly dark scenes, why is so much of the show pitch black? This is a flaw of many modern show, not just this one, but like did everybody forget how to film dark scenes in the last ~5-10 years or what? 

11 hours ago, Komet blu said:

Why are yall semi dragging, it has 85% on RT? 

Anyway watched the ep1, seems very promising. I love the turn of the 20th century stories, it's such a great setting considering the world started to change dramatically and so many cultures started mixing together. Plus the ship setting is giving Agatha Christie mystery which I'll never not like

The worst thing so far are the incredibly dark scenes, why is so much of the show pitch black? This is a flaw of many modern show, not just this one, but like did everybody forget how to film dark scenes in the last ~5-10 years or what? 

It's a tribute to their previous show being Dark :giraffe:

I finished it in one seating. it was intriguing and definitely better without the dub. 

but I have to agree about the language barrier or lack there of, it appears as if they understood each other when someone uttered their line in a different language.  

but other than that, it was brilliant. the labyrinth of thinking, the plot twist, the actors, the set designs, the visuals.

hopefully we get a season 2 to answer our many many many questions.

As expected it was EXCELLENT :jonny5:

I need Season 2 ASAP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.