Midnight sold 570k digital copies in China

Cloröx

Amazing :clap3:

Can't wait to see some people downplay this because "China doesn't really matter" or something like that :campfire:

14 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Amazing :clap3:

Can't wait to see some people downplay this because "China doesn't really matter" or something like that :campfire:

the American equivalent of selling 240k copies at $10. Or 688k per billboard’s minimum price rule. 

Edited by SwiftLover

4 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

the American equivalent of selling 240k copies at $10.

More than what some so called global girls do outside the US in their debut week. :fan:

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

More than what some so called global girls do outside the US in their debut week. :fan:

I've always found funny how some people are obsessed with being "global" when what should REALLY matter is how many copies of your albums you're selling in total. I mean some "global" girls are selling less than so called "local" girls so...

6 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

I've always found funny how some people are obsessed with being "global" when what should REALLY matter is how many copies of your albums you're selling in total. I mean some "global" girls are selling less than so called "local" girls so...

The whole "Global" thing is about reach, but as we can see by Taylor pulling the biggest female debut of all time on Spotify even without US numbers, she is doing fine.

7 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Exactly my point, ATRL keeps trying to diminish Taylor's success for not being global when she's selling more and doing more streams than what they call "global MPGs".  And they also constantly exclude the entire Asian continent from being discussed because they know how several times bigger Taylor is there. 

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

The whole "Global" thing is about reach, but as we can see by Taylor pulling the biggest female debut of all time on Spotify even without US numbers, she is doing fine.

Oh i see your point and i don't disagree. i just don't think most people truly care about that, they just want to use it to brag about their faves's accomplisments or put down others. I mean you just have to see how Asia and Latin America are always ignored when it's not convenient: people want to ignore Taylor's success in China or Dua's success in Latin America.

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

Exactly my point, ATRL keeps trying to diminish Taylor's success for not being global when she's selling more and doing more streams than what they call "global MPGs".  And they also constantly exclude the entire Asian continent from being discussed because they know how several times bigger Taylor is there. 

Exactly. Taylor clearly isn't "local", it's not 2008 anymore. Just because she never really got a big breakthrough in some countries like France for example doesn't mean she's "local".

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

That makes it even more impressive :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

STOMP STOMP STOMP :ghostface:

As of today (October 28) a total of 271,003 digital copies of Midnights (3am Edition) have been sold on the Tencent-owned platform for 9.48 million yuan (USD $1.31 million).

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/taylor-swifts-midnights-3am-edition-has-generated-over-1-3m-in-sales-on-tencents-qq-music-in-china/

Midnight has crossed 570k digital copies so far, the album added another 10k copies today :camping:

She needs to milk her tour on China

It's the most expensive album sold in China [$5 each] ever too. setting a new standard for music there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.