Netflix to start charging for 'extra users' on accounts

Hector

Right after they've had an increase in subscribers after Stranger Things & Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story:

The self-sabotage continues.

I share with my family and none of us live in the same house :biblio:

How would they know :redface:

mind ya business

they running low on cash?

ig miss millie's viewers aren't enough 

bring back hoyeon!

8 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

netlix-tweet-16480310733x2.png

I guess their experiment in Latin America was proved to be a success for them if they are going on with thia despite recession for people who would have to cut off entertainment if things get really bad

People have been saying Netflix is “destroying themselves” and “over” for years… when they remain the standard. Everyone in tune with the trends knew that the future of media streaming would be several subscription-based services, & just as before, this is a model that will soon enough be adopted by other platforms. 

The better way to have done it would’ve been to offer a “family” plan though, but I guess this way, you’re not having to pay extra if it’s just like one extra user you share with. 

29 minutes ago, FOCK said:

People have been saying Netflix is “destroying themselves” and “over” for years… when they remain the standard. Everyone in tune with the trends knew that the future of media streaming would be several subscription-based services, & just as before, this is a model that will soon enough be adopted by other platforms. 

The better way to have done it would’ve been to offer a “family” plan though, but I guess this way, you’re not having to pay extra if it’s just like one extra user you share with. 

They already have a "family" plan, as in you can watch Netflix simultaneously on several screens.  This is a bit different, they're somehow geo-locking your subscription to one location, but I don't get how this works if you travel.  I travel to other cities and countries at least once per month, so how are they going to know it's "me" streaming vs, say, my partner, who is also using my account and may be at home or also traveling?  What does this mean for people who use VPN?  There are more questions than answers so far.

Why do they keep digging their own grave? :rip: 

Yeah I have to travel constantly and sometimes for long periods of time for work, how is the geo-locking going to work? I pay but I share with my disabled sister who's at home all the time, are they going to kick one of us off if we're in different places? Why are they doing this? If they're going to make it complicated I will find other ways:rip:

They already charge for extra screens, even if they're within the same house.  Either do that or do this "extra users" thing; doing both would be overkill.

41 minutes ago, Archetype said:

They already have a "family" plan, as in you can watch Netflix simultaneously on several screens.  This is a bit different, they're somehow geo-locking your subscription to one location, but I don't get how this works if you travel.  I travel to other cities and countries at least once per month, so how are they going to know it's "me" streaming vs, say, my partner, who is also using my account and may be at home or also traveling?  What does this mean for people who use VPN?  There are more questions than answers so far.

Fair point, though they’ll probably implement some type of 2-factor authentication using a phone number. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.