Nicki Vs Taylor: More Chart/Stats Obsessed?

Brikenbur

It’s no surprise that both of these artists are obsessed with charts, sales, awards, etc. 

Nicki seems to be more [vocally] obsessed with charts and stats as she’s constantly posting about hers on her socials, whereas, Taylor was not only seen on screen depressed about reputation not being nominated in any of The Big Four categories at the 2018 GRAMMYs and stating she needs to “make better music,” but, she has had her run-ins with heavily discounted singles, limited promos on her site, releasing several versions of her latest albums, most-recent “pls stream” gate :rip:

Who’s the artist more OBSESSED with success and stats? It’s silly as both of these artists are over a decade into their respective careers, yet, care a great deal about success as if they’re new to the industry. Thoughts? :campfire:

Edited by Brikenbur

We wish Taylor was chart obsessed past week 1 actually. I think a chart obsessed artist wouldn't have let exile / august / Don't Blame Me / Afterglow as album tracks. Taylor is acclaim and money obsessed though.

One is a successful artist, the other is not. One doesn't have meltdowns when anything chart-related happens to her. The other does. 

16 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

and stating she needs to “make better music,”

And better music she did. So if being on top is a good motivator to make good music, then sure why not. 

Nicki on the other hand hasn't released a good song in like.... a decade and still doesn't have a good album to her name

3 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Taylor is acclaim and money obsessed though.

If money was more important than charts she'd release some kind of special edition box with lots of junk in there and rank up the price into hundreds of dollars. Sales units are clearly more important to her. 

5 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

We wish Taylor was chart obsessed past week 1 actually. I think a chart obsessed artist wouldn't have let exile / august / Don't Blame Me / Afterglow as album tracks. Taylor is acclaim and money obsessed though.

wow.....the taste you have... :loud:

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

One is a successful artist, the other is not. One doesn't have meltdowns when anything chart-related happens to her. The other does. 

the only two valid answers, you don't need anymore answers to be quite honest. these two said it perfectly 

Well, Taylor is my fav but I got to admit my girl’s chart obsessed. Aiming for ME!, cardigan, etc to hit #1 proves that :coffee: but whilst Taylor does it in a classy and subtle way, nicki does it in a brash and gross way. 

The quinceanera and high school drama singer is the most obsessed

1 hour ago, hungrymuffin said:

you are more obsessed with taylor than both are with charts

This. 

The OP and every chart are more obsessed to Taylor tho. 
just look at Billboard 200 :sistrens:

Edited by LosingHimWasBlue

And why is it a bad thing if the music's quality is not compromised for it?

Taylor first makes an ALBUM. Then she and her team find ways to make it reach its full potential (at least in the first week).

I really don't get why artists who promote/push etc... their work are seen as desperate. That's their job. That's their legacy. But I guess it's just the double standard because every fanbases spend their time asking for their fave to do something. 

Taking everything you say with a grain of salt because you sound really bitter and angry, I'm sad for you. On the topic of chart obsession I'm just not seeing the proof. Taylor hasn't talked about folklore in since the end of 2020 and it's top 20 on the BB200. But yeah, she's pushing it super hard. :rip: 

They both are but Taylor actually cares about making good music, unlike the other one. At the end of the day it's not big deal that artists cares about the charts as long as they don't make music calibrated only for it.

4 hours ago, Theluckyone said:

Well, Taylor is my fav but I got to admit my girl’s chart obsessed. Aiming for ME!, cardigan, etc to hit #1 proves that :coffee: but whilst Taylor does it in a classy and subtle way, nicki does it in a brash and gross way. 

This sums up ATRL perfectly.

A Taylor fan here letting you other Swifties know that saying stuff like “Taylor isn’t chart obsessed because she released _________” makes you look very delusional. :dies:

Taylor has released how many vinyl variants for this release alone? Yes, she’s obsessed with money and she’s also doing it for a massive debut, so she can keep her amazing streak going.

Nicki is obviously obsessed too, she’s just way messier and more vocal about it. It’s a tie! :falcon:

Edited by CottageHore

both are very obsessed but tbh, nobody compares to how pathetic Nicki is with her chart obsession & constant following of every stat possible

Both are trash and overrated by their fans. 

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

A Taylor fan here letting you other Swifties know that saying stuff like “Taylor isn’t chart obsessed because she released _________” makes you look very delusional. :dies:

Taylor has released how many vinyl variants for this release alone? Yes, she’s obsessed with money and she’s also doing it for a massive debut, so she can keep her amazing streak going.

Nicki is obviously obsessed too, she’s just way messier and more vocal about it. It’s a tie! :falcon:

...just as many as other artists? :rip:

The one who told herself to "make better music" and releases M*! and Y****.

If an artist isn't stats obsessed they probably aren't good at their current job :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.