Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: Last Month of European Leg

Popboi.

11 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Canada was always going to be either included in the USA leg or be skipped. Canadian cities are basically just treated like mid sized American cities when promoters plan US tours .

I believe she planned this tour more than a year and half ago when Canada had strict covid restrictions that led to people canceling their Canadian tour dates. The Roger center that she usually uses for Canada was a baseball stadium under renovation. She’s has been trying to stick to football stadiums .

Basically, Canada was much less logistically convenient than Detroit and Portland. She expected Canadians to go those dates which was why she allowed Canadians  into the America presale . She’s using the whole nfl off season so any Canadian city would require one less American city.

It doesn’t make sense to ship 90 trucks worth of material back just due Canada. So after Canada was shut out of the USA leg, it was clear it getting skipped.

How did The Weeknd manage to perform in Canada late 2022? He did Toronto and Vancouver (40k to 45k (x2) attendance) 

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Taylor fanboy

• Ms. Togekiss

Jesus! 6 Wembley dates :WAP:

Is this a record ?

1 minute ago, Ivan_brit said:

Is this a record ?

no

3 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Is this a record ?

Maybe for female but Coldplay and Harry both did 6 and Take That 8. 

I literally don’t understand the email they’ve sent me 

14 minutes ago, ariananext said:

How did The Weeknd manage to perform in Canada late 2022? He did Toronto and Vancouver (40k to 45k (x2) attendance) 

You could perform in Canada but basically whole shows would get cancelled if anyone had covid due to their quarantine requirements. Panic at the Disco’s show got cancelled due to their restrictions. Same with Zac Brown . 

At only 40k capacity, it would make sense for Taylor to avoid those risky lower capacity venues in favor of Detroit , Portland* ( I meant Seattle )etc.

Canada deprioritized themselves and Taylor had only so much time to tour North America.

Edited by cat1867
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greento said:

Did you pre order Midnights?? This was only for those that did

It wasn’t necessary, in that moment if you checked the small letter there was an option for participate in the presale without doing the purchase, I suscribe and I have been qualified and got an email today 

4 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Is this a record ?

The record is Take That with 8 dates from a single tour.

7 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

You could perform in Canada but basically whole shows would get cancelled if anyone had covid due to their quarantine requirements. Panic at the Disco’s show got cancelled due to their restrictions. Same with Zac Brown . 

At only 40k capacity, it would make sense for Taylor to avoid those risky lower capacity venues in favor of Detroit , Portland etc.

Canada deprioritized themselves and Taylor had only so much time to tour North America.

You may be confusing Seattle with Portland. Portland has no NFL stadium and is not a stop on the tour 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Canada was always going to be either included in the USA leg or be skipped. Canadian cities are basically just treated like mid sized American cities when promoters plan US tours .

I believe she planned this tour more than a year and half ago when Canada had strict covid restrictions that led to people canceling their Canadian tour dates. The Roger center that she usually uses for Canada was a baseball stadium under renovation. She’s has been trying to stick to football stadiums .

Basically, Canada was much less logistically convenient than Detroit and Portland. She expected Canadians to go those dates which was why she allowed Canadians  into the America presale . She’s using the whole nfl off season so any Canadian city would require one less American city.

It doesn’t make sense to ship 90 trucks worth of material back just due Canada. So after Canada was shut out of the USA leg, it was clear it getting skipped.

All of this. Plus, the same sources that leaked the LATAM dates (maybe “leaked” isn’t the right word, but they told us about them a few weeks in advance) said that she and her team were in talks for Canadian dates but that ultimately it came down to logistics as to why it couldn't work out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

It wasn’t necessary, in that moment if you checked the small letter there was an option for participate in the presale without doing the purchase, I suscribe and I have been qualified and got an email today 

Ohh okay, I think the person I was replying to was just talking about the general sale though 

23 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

The record is Take That with 8 dates from a single tour.

She’ll probably add a few more in London :deadbanana2:

WAIT MESS, I forgot that I pre-ordered Midnights from the UK store so I got access to to pre-sale now :WAP:

Got it for Warsaw, Milan and Vienna, hope I’ll snatch tickets for one of them next week :jonny: 

7 minutes ago, Love Again said:

WAIT MESS, I forgot that I pre-ordered Midnights from the UK store so I got access to to pre-sale now :WAP:

You got your presale code!? Yay!

I’m still waiting but it’s nice to know they’re on the way :ducky:

7 minutes ago, Love Again said:

If you can buy a ticket for me on the last Wembley date, that would be deeply appreciated :gaycat2:

3 minutes ago, Klein said:

If you can buy a ticket for me on the last Wembley date, that would be deeply appreciated :gaycat2:

If you can buy me a ticket to the Amsterdam date :gaycat2:

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

I can get u one if you change your avi

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

I got waitlisted, synonymous for "thank you for participating". :gaycat6:

Just now, Klein said:

I got waitlisted, synonymous for "thank you for participating". :gaycat6:

Mess, me too. She has a vendetta against ATRLers :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, the70s said:

I can get u one if you change your avi

Why, you want it? :ahh:

I just got an email for Warsaw, I was selected. They added a show on August 1st. That's my 30th anniversary. :jonny5:

If fate is with me.... :jonny5:

Edited by Klein

4 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Mess, me too. She has a vendetta against ATRLers :deadbanana2:

I swear I got waitlisted in most European countries I got an email for: Dublin, Madrid, Amsterdam, Lisbon... But I got Warsaw. And obviously Paris and Lyon cause ***** I'm not missing my fave in my own country. 

I just want to be at the very last show of the tour, cause I know it's going to be so special. The very last Wembley WILL see me. One way or another. 

Imagine going to the first European date in Paris and then the last in London :jonny5:

Edited by Klein
  • Like 1

I’ve only got an email about new shows being added ? Oh lord 

still haven't gotten an e-mail :doc:

Just now, velocity said:

still haven't gotten an e-mail :doc:

Did you get one about new dates?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.