Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: Last Month of European Leg

Popboi.

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

if taylor's performing what taylor wants to perform, i'm happy for her and grateful we have a tour after 5 years, that leaves nothing essential off the setlist.

My personal opinions are that the best song of each album include:

Fearless - the way i loved you

1989 - clean

Reputation - i did something bad

Lover - cornelia street

Folklore - mad woman

Midnights - Would've, Could've, Should've

0 of those are on the setlist, but i'm not taking it as a personal affront.

I agree, everything truly essential is already on the setlist and I don't want to come across as whining or complaining. I am overall satisfied with it.

I understand it's the Eras Tour, she wants to do all her past hits and agree with that sentiment. But personally, I feel like she already giving us SO MANY hits (all Red hits, all 5 1989 singles etc.) that she can afford to give up 1 or 2 for a couple fan faves. 

1 or 2 of the following - song you've mentioned like TWILY (fan fave, recent viral hit), Clean, Cornelia Street, WCS, SoG, Our Song, and even YOYOK and Long Live (fan faves that are meaningful in the context of Eras) - would've been nice additions to shake up the setlist a bit. But it's not happening so I guess we'll have them for surprise songs instead, which is still nice.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Taylor fanboy

• fridayteenage

I have shown nothing but love for this tour but YOYOK snub hurts my soul with the other two songs making it over it. I'm not being rude or anything. None of my posts suggest I'm being ungrateful. I already said my only complaints are enchanted being shortened and YOYOK snub a while ago. 

Can't we talk about the tour without being called ungrateful and whining for a few personal suggestions and observations. 

12 hours ago, Michael196 said:

probably hulu which is disney for most of the world since someone missed up and there was something with the tour name scheduled for last week but nothing happened...

that part with the THAT outfit and the dancers wearing matching outfits was something else :jonny:

I have a question on Hulu though… The Handmaid’s Tale is exclusive on Hulu but here in Asia, it’s available on HBO. :gaycat7:

I hope it’s just theatrically released, and then be made available on all streaming platforms + DVD after screening. One can dream! 

Most likely gonna be Disney though since her full length directorial debut will be under Searchlight Pictures.

What if the Eras Tour IS her debut film? :duca:

Mother is making bank with this tour. I hope she can afford Max Martin again with the Taylor’s Versions of 1989 & reputation.

Would’ve been cooler if LWYMMD featured a prop big bike. :gaycat7:

spacer.png

Spoiler

That puppet-tilted stage choreo is a choice I’m sure she made.

Yeah the show is pretty much perfect but the only thing I’m confused by is Long Live and YOYOK’s absence :rip: 

For me, I would replace YNTCD with Paper Rings and shorten the Red pop single performances to allow for two more Speak Now songs. Imagine the LWYMMD transition into Speak Now’s interlude where she opens with Haunted, then Enchanted, and then Long Live. YOYOK the penultimate ‘climax’ song before Karma as the final upbeat, fun closer. 

I can’t really think of any other changes I’d make, aside from the fact that I really wish we got full production State of Grace during Red. I mean, cutting out unnecessary parts, what’s 3 more minutes on a 3h 15m setlist? :eli:  (I am so happy about the acoustic performance tho, her best performance vocally of the song to date!)

Anyways, she outdid herself and then some. It’s still possibly the best thing she’s ever done in her career and she got the setlist almost perfect. I mean, I don’t think anyone could’ve imagined she’d include 44(!) songs in which have a great mix of hits and deep cuts. And I think there’s a great chance that a few changes WILL be made as the tour goes on, especially from country to country. 

Edited by Holiest Dreams

It's a greatest hits tour.  She can not perform the 7xplatinum #1 Song Bad Blood :bird:

Also as we said yesterday the set list tries to show all sides of Taylor as artist and songwriter.

Tell me what is another song like the Archer. Only anti Hero.

Miss americana, the man and yntcd bad or not are the only songs She has about social themes. She didn't skip me! cause fans hate it, they hate yntcd too but me! Is just another silly song about self acceptance, and we have shake It off for that. 

Edited by vale9001

Even talking numbers, YOYOK is one of the most streamed album tracks organically. It's a TikTok/Reels smasha as well. Same case as MR but that one got a small Spotify push. It is obviously a fanfave.

I love Dear John: The Re-Up (Midnights Version) but I wouldn't call it essential. The OG John Mayer lashing deserved more.

Edited by State of Grace.

Watching the wildest dreams performance makes me miss her adlibs like the one she does for 1989 tour 

I hope she does OOTW or Clean as a surprise song someday

13 hours ago, vale9001 said:

She is usually one of the best at revisiting the songs in the live version but this time the pop acts (Red, 1989, rep and midnights) are really similar to the live version. Rep songs are different but they are the same as in the rep tour, i don't know if you have seen It. 

Fearless songs are also similar to the original versions. Folklore and evermore are the more revisited. 

I think the choice Is because 1) It's a greatest hits show 2) the concept Is about the eras so every song has the specific sound of that era.

Thank you! Yes I've watched rep tour a bunch on youtube, so I am happy she is keeping those live versions the same. I would've loved if she did something more with mignights for songs like Karma, MR, and LH. Excited to see what she'll do with My Tears Ricochet as it's one of my faves.

Anyone know if she changed the songs for night 2 of Glendale, or did she keep Mirrorball? 

4 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Anyone know if she changed the songs for night 2 of Glendale, or did she keep Mirrorball? 

She did this is me trying instead of mirrorball on guitar and State of Grace on piano instead of Tim McGraw. Those were the only changes in setlist, she did change a couple of outfits for different colour variants

1 minute ago, PaloSanto said:

She did this is me trying instead of mirrorball on guitar and State of Grace on piano instead of Tim McGraw. Those were the only changes in setlist, she did change a couple of outfits for different colour variants

Damn I was hoping for more self-titled and SN. Not her completely removing self-titled.  

1 minute ago, Raphy23 said:

Damn I was hoping for more self-titled and SN. Not her completely removing self-titled.  

ik. I thought she'd do random song on guitar and stick to something off of self titled on piano (teardrops, tim, our song) but oh well. It's very nitpicky but dates were she ignores her debut would feel... not complete?. Still, I dont think anyone attending would feel like their ticket wasnt worth its value because of that :gaycat4:

10 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

ik. I thought she'd do random song on guitar and stick to something off of self titled on piano (teardrops, tim, our song) but oh well. It's very nitpicky but dates were she ignores her debut would feel... not complete?. Still, I dont think anyone attending would feel like their ticket wasnt worth its value because of that :gaycat4:

My boyfriend doesnt want to know any spoilers. And he's been listening to self titled and Speak Now nonstop for the last month (still doing it). And I feel so bad and just want to tell him so he's not disappointed :gaycat7: Before the setlist dropped I did mention that she wont focus on albums that have no TV yet, and he said no thats impossible this is the eras tour!  :katie:

Edited by Raphy23

5 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

My boyfriend doesnt want to know any spoilers. And he's been listening to self titled and Speak Now nonstop for the last month (still doing it). And I feel so bad and just want to tell him so he's not disappointed :gaycat7: Before the setlist dropped I did mention that she wont focus on albums that have no TV yet, and he said no thats impossible this is the eras tour!  :katie:

Welp... Tell tell him to learn the Bad Blood lyrics as well just in case :gaycat2:

3 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

:clap3:

from the Big Machine eras she did the:

15 most streamed ones on Spotify.

+as a bonus, one each from Fearless and Red, both already rerecorded

i thought she actually jumped into water :deadbanana4:

Imagine if she completes the Eras Tour, and surprise the world with a special Midnights World Tour.

12 dates, one date in every continent, 360-stadium only tour, and she performs the whole album. :jonny2:

12 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Imagine if she completes the Eras Tour, and surprise the world with a special Midnights World Tour.

12 dates, one date in every continent, 360-stadium only tour, and she performs the whole album. :jonny2:

The absolute madness that it would cause. :jonny2:

12 dates in total would be the biggest fight over a concert ticket ever. 

45 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

i thought she actually jumped into water :deadbanana4:

This moment is so surprising, so perfectly esecuted and produced it really seems one of the best tricky and magical moment from a Michael Jackson pop show. 

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

:dies:

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

This moment is so surprising, so perfectly esecuted and produced it really seems one of the best tricky and magical moment from a Michael Jackson pop show. 

You’re so right but people won’t like to hear this :laugh:

2 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

clock shaped stage PLEASE :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.