Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: European Poets Department

Popboi.

4 hours ago, Feanor said:

No shade to our Canadian sistrens, but does anyone else think that ending the tour in Vancouver sounds kinda anticlimactic? :ninja:

She selected Los Angeles and London as the final stops of the 1st US and Europe legs, and they were fitting finales for their respective stretches of the tour, but ending the overall tour with "just" the regular 3 shows in Vancouver kinda pales in comparison.

I feel like a tour this historic needs a more special and notable climax. :lakitu:

Last leg was clearly planned around the Vancouver dates just like other legs were planned around maximizing dates in the highest in demand areas of LA and London.  Like those legs, she ended the leg in a venue where she could book more than the standard 3 days.

She usually ends in an anticlimactic city usually in Asia due to shipping.  She would have to tour for a few months to end in LA or NYC  since the nfl is still in season until February.

Touring artists basically don't care about ending in a symbolic city.  Beyonce ended  Renaissance in Kansas City. It's all about money and logistics. Touring is too expensive to let symbolism effect decesions.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Taylor fanboy

• Ms. Togekiss

I needed Crazier performed alone OMG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

I needed Crazier performed alone OMG

I'm still pissed off about this and I wasn't even there. Please retire the mashups in London at least :weeps:

I'm pro-mashups, I think it's a great opportunity to give the fans more than just 2 surprise songs and it brings about fresh versions of the songs

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I made a dream / realistic Super Bowl set list for fun:

Spoiler

1. Cruel Summer (1 min)

2. Love Story (40s)

3. You Belong With Me (50s)

4. Blank Space / Style (1m30s)

5. Look What You Made Me Do / Ready For It? (1m30s)

6. All Too Well (1m30s)

7. Shake It Off (1m30s)

8. Bad Blood (30s)

9. August (1m)

10. But Daddy I Love Him (1m)

11. Anti-Hero (1m)

12. Karma (30s)

13. Long Live (2m)

Total: 14m30s

Edited by holyground13
added song

Apparently the bracelets switched to green when she started crazier :jonny:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

I made a dream / realistic Super Bowl set list for fun:

Hide contents

1. Cruel Summer (1 min)

2. Love Story (40s)

3. You Belong With Me (50s)

4. Blank Space / Style (1m30s)

5. Look What You Made Me Do / Ready For It? (1m30s)

6. All Too Well (1m30s)

7. Shake It Off (1m30s)

8. Bad Blood (30s)

9. August (1m)

10. But Daddy I Love Him (1m)

11. Anti-Hero (1m)

12. Karma (30s)

13. Long Live (2m)

Total: 14m30s

Nope. Too short ... also cruel summer, anti hero,blank space,you belong with me,look what you made me do and ready for it. Im tired of shake it off...probably a 45 sec outro would be ok.

13 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Nope. Too short ... also cruel summer, anti hero,blank space,you belong with me,look what you made me do and ready for it. Im tired of shake it off...probably a 45 sec outro would be ok.

A Superbowl Halftime is usually about 14m-15m though so I tried to work within that. Also I agree about Shake It Off but she loves to perform that one and it's one of her most well-known songs even if it's not her best technically.

She sang CRAZIER one of my FAVORITE songs EVER by her I can't right now 

:jonny6:

• Like 2

I know her playing Crazier was a bigger event but The Bolter x Getaway Car is a fantastic mashup. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Apparently the bracelets switched to green when she started crazier :jonny:

We @Cheers:WAP:

Crazier (Taylor's Version) is coming.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

We @Cheers:WAP:

Crazier (Taylor's Version) is coming.

Finally omg!!

We can ignore Tortured Poets and listen to REAL music :jonny: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Finally omg!!

We can ignore Tortured Poets and listen to REAL music :jonny: 

Legit question, when did you stop stanning?

I still remember the old base nnnn :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Legit question, when did you stop stanning?

I still remember the old base nnnn :deadbanana2:

Ddddd I didn't she's just annoying rn!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cat1867 said:

Last leg was clearly planned around the Vancouver dates just like other legs were planned around maximizing dates in the highest in demand areas of LA and London.  Like those legs, she ended the leg in a venue where she could book more than the standard 3 days.

She usually ends in an anticlimactic city usually in Asia due to shipping.  She would have to tour for a few months to end in LA or NYC  since the nfl is still in season until February.

Touring artists basically don't care about ending in a symbolic city.  Beyonce ended  Renaissance in Kansas City. It's all about money and logistics. Touring is too expensive to let symbolism effect decesions.

I understand that tours typically don't have a symbolic geographic ending point, but then again this is also no typical tour either. :ninja:

I feel like doing something like Madonna did, aka giving a huge, massively-attended, historic final show for her greatest hits tour, would be the cherry on top of The Eras Tour's own historic run.

There also has never been anything in the concert business that has captivated the attention of the public like The Eras Tour has. So all the media and fans will definitely tune in for the final show to see what she might have up her sleeves, and with how she has basically used the tour has her only promotional platform for the past year, it's not unreasonable to assume that she might announce a new project on the final night. And turning the final show into a bigger event than just a regular final show in a secondary Canadian city would maximize the attention. :lakitu:

I think it would be nice if she finished the tour at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg. It's likely just unrealistic due to logistics but it would be iconic to finish the tour with her very first shows in the only continent she hasn't sold out a stadium yet. :lakitu:

Plus, the tour was made for stadiums, and I don't think any other stadium can beat the 96,000 audience she had at the MCG in Melbourne (?) so I'm not sure if an open field venue would work. 

INTHAF hit the pentagon :weeps: And She mashed it up with a sing that actually makes vague sense. We have to cheer I guess 

I swear to GOD someone in Scotland must know her deepest ******* secret like WHY is she doing these songs for them :gaycat6:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Great Username said:

INTHAF hit the pentagon :weeps: And She mashed it up with a sing that actually makes vague sense. We have to cheer I guess 

And she didn't **** up the yodel-y bits either, so it's a giant ******* win :suburban:

Posted (edited)

Haunted x Exile again oh she's diabolical :khalyan2:

Also the livestream I'm watching is filmed by a girl with a reeeeally thick Scottish accent and it's so funny listening to her sing along :ryan3:

Edited by wastedpotential

Omg I was just watching Her Detroit N1 guitar version of Haunted last night, from the first tour date after Matty broke up with Her :heart: Literally iconic. 

Exile
giphy.gif

Someone check on this girl

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

It's Nice To Have A 10/10 :WAP:

Not even the Lover stans GET IT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All these song selections are giving DEBUTATION.

What is she cooking up?

:WAP:

Posted (edited)

INTHAF would've been fine played alone especially since it wasn't performed live before, flop mashup again ugh

Good repeat of the Sydney excellence Haunted x Exile at least

I need her to give me You're Losing Me x So Long London on piano at any of the upcoming London dates. Let Liverpool and Cardiff eat cake! 

Edited by Mandalore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.