Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: European Poets Department

Popboi.

Hi pals.

I am once again seeking advice as someone who does not know how to travel economically. 

Thankfully, I get to see Taylor again on August 20th in London. However... I don't know where it would be more wise to stay to cut some costs since my currency is **** compared to the Great British Pound - which is almost 2x more than the CAD. :rip: (Like I'm crying at the though of spending $50/meal).

If anyone can provide assistance / tips for surviving London. :laugh: My partner and I are flabbergasted with how expensive it is..

• Like 1

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Taylor fanboy

• Ms. Togekiss

9 hours ago, Mezik said:

Hi pals.

I am once again seeking advice as someone who does not know how to travel economically. 

Thankfully, I get to see Taylor again on August 20th in London. However... I don't know where it would be more wise to stay to cut some costs since my currency is **** compared to the Great British Pound - which is almost 2x more than the CAD. :rip: (Like I'm crying at the though of spending $50/meal).

If anyone can provide assistance / tips for surviving London. :laugh: My partner and I are flabbergasted with how expensive it is..

You can basically get anywhere on the tube so it's not really necessary to stay out by Wembley. The tube is relatively cheap. If you use it multiple times the fare will cap at about 10 pounds iirc as long as you stay in zones 1-2. 
I sometimes get a private room in a hostel, it can be cheaper than getting a hotel room but there are rooms to be found for like 50 pounds a night if you are willing to look. Don't know how it will be for the concert, though, but I saw Beyonce in London last year and didn't have too much trouble. 

If you need cheap meals for lunch just get a Tesco meal deal and eat it somewhere. They are a few pounds for a sandwich/snack/drink. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 4:44 PM, RihannaLoverrr said:

Gonna need whoever tweeted this to log out :toofunny3:

But so excited to attend this Friday :duca::duca:

Awful. :skull:

I'll be there tomorrow also!! Can't wait!

Edited by Jack!
  • Haha 1

wtf is this???

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

wtf is this???

You ain't slick Toe we see you :ryan3:

35 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

wtf is this???

It was me. :fan:

Praying for Haunted or The Lakes surprise songs tomorrow. I need at least one more Speak Now song

:jonnycat: 

2 hours ago, Jack! said:

Awful. :skull:

I'll be there tomorrow also!! Can't wait!

Hope you have a great time! 

A year since general sale here and getting tickets for 2 shows. Wish i could relive all of 2023 again ngl. The fact that Im still perching for surprise songs and keeping up the the tour to this day is lowkey insane ngl

Reputa outfit is on, just waiting for my friends before we head over to Edinburgh for tonight.  Gonna be a nightmare getting back to Glasgow but worth it :jonnycat:

Would've Could've Should've x I Know Places :heart:

Two great songs but they have nothing to do with each other :laugh:

• Haha 1

Is she going into Middy before sundown :gaycat6:

TIS THE DAMN SEASON ON PIANO

MtF7AA.gif

• Like 1

If the songs that got cut from the original setlist going to be used in the surprise section, I better get tolerate it :coffee2:

• Like 1

Heading home rn but omfg :ghostface:

I was in the front left section, and we ended up right at the barrier infront of the backup singers just by chance. 

Hayley Williams smiled at me during the opening act.

Since we were right infront of the backing singers, I was cheering them on and giving them lots of hearts with my hands cause they were chewing and they returned it tons. I loved them so much! 

The acoustic section got interrupted a bit with people needing help but people need to stop playing.. she completely smashed that vocally :heart:

She came right infront of me during Lavender Haze when she goes over to the backup singers so I saw soo up close .. what a ******* woman :msmarvel:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

She ATE

:jonny:

i lost it when I heard would've, could've, should've :jonny5: 

Amazing show, what a queen 

Edited by RihannaLoverrr
  • Like 5

On 6/7/2024 at 1:35 AM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

wtf is this???

It's me bopping to her best track 5.

12 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

Heading home rn but omfg :ghostface:

I was in the front left section, and we ended up right at the barrier infront of the backup singers just by chance. 

Hayley Williams smiled at me during the opening act.

Since we were right infront of the backing singers, I was cheering them on and giving them lots of hearts with my hands cause they were chewing and they returned it tons. I loved them so much! 

The acoustic section got interrupted a bit with people needing help but people need to stop playing.. she completely smashed that vocally :heart:

She came right infront of me during Lavender Haze when she goes over to the backup singers so I saw soo up close .. what a ******* woman :msmarvel:

2 minutes ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

She ATE

:jonny:

i lost it when I heard would've, could've, should've :jonny5: 

Amazing show, what a queen 

Happy for you both! Safe travels home. :heart:

• Like 2

Has anyone had the pleasure (or displeasure maybe) to be seated at one of the sections essentially behind the stage? I went last night and had fabulous time with a great view and my friend snagged last minute tickets for tonight but the section is basically diagonally behind the right hand side of the stage and I'm curious how bad the view is from there? :skull: I know they have a big screen at either side, but can you still see the runway from these sections?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Has anyone had the pleasure (or displeasure maybe) to be seated at one of the sections essentially behind the stage? I went last night and had fabulous time with a great view and my friend snagged last minute tickets for tonight but the section is basically diagonally behind the right hand side of the stage and I'm curious how bad the view is from there? :skull: I know they have a big screen at either side, but can you still see the runway from these sections?

I haven't been to the tour yet but she spends a lot of time in the diamond in the centre of the stadium so I think that you'd be able to see her for a decent amount of the show, though it may be from the back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack! said:

I had a friend that bought last minute tickets for Madrid and was on a "restricted view" seat and she said it was kind of amazing for how cheap they were. You won't get to see her up close, obviously, but you can still see all the production going on stage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jack! said:

I saw the show from a restricted view, I was literally parallel to the main screen so I could not see it, only see the small screen. But the show was incredible, and did not find my self looking too much at the screen but rather following her and the dancers in the entire stage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

It's me bopping to her best track 5.

How the hell do you bop to tolerate it?? :gaycat6:

• Haha 3

The amount of raves from the UK media:

Taylor Swift review – as all-powerful as a pop star can be

But, for now, Taylor Swift seems all-powerful, so much so she can take risks: amid the big hits, truncated so more of them can be crammed into the show, she plays All Too Well – a 10-minute-long song – and it's a show-stopping emotional sucker punch. And when she performs the piano ballad Champagne Problems, the response is so loud, and goes on for so long, that Taylor Swift looks overwhelmed again: this time it doesn't seem like hokum.

The Guardian (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift live in Edinburgh: The Eras tour finally hits the UK

Then at the centre of it all is Swift herself, guiding the audience through the hit-stacked show era to era. The ringleader of the entire Eras Tour shepherds us through with razor precision, an utter pro who's energy doesn't waiver throughout. And even among the meticulously rehearsed and choreographed performance which runs like clockwork, she finds pockets of humour and moments to connect with the crowd. 

NME (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift Eras tour: Edinburgh show worth six stars and akin to a secular religious mass ritual

With a roaring, singing, shrieking 73,000 strong audience, there's no doubt that Taylor Swift is the best in the world right now

The Telegraph (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift Eras Tour review, Edinburgh: Like mainlining dopamine for three hours straight

Nostalgia is a powerful thing and tonight, Swift uncorks bottles and bottles of it, spraying it like champagne on an obliging, adoring audience. It's like mainlining dopamine for three hours straight.

The Independent (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift overcomes cold to electrify crowd of 73,000 in Edinburgh — live review

Amid all this choreography, Swift's appealingly flowing singing style continued without pause. (Her breath control is an under-appreciated skill.) Each word was sung back at her by the tens of thousands in the stadium. Their familiarity with the songs, and also the gestures that the singer made while singing them, was opposite to contempt. It made the atmosphere electric, a shared peak with the world's biggest pop star.

Financial Times (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift Eras Tour in Edinburgh review: Singer is at the peak of her powers as she kicks off her first UK show in spectacular style

With two more Edinburgh gigs tonight and tomorrow, and further concerts in Liverpool, Cardiff and London, those lucky enough to have tickets will see a show both Era-spanning and era-defining. With Taylor at the peak of her powers, it's the music event of the year.

Daily Mail (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift, Murrayfield: Scotland has never seen anything like it

By the time the mid-morning coffee hour rolled around, those fans queueing outside Murrayfield stadium had the Scottish drizzle to contend with but after that the sun shone. As for the Queen of Pop, she dazzled in a near three-and-a-half hour set which rarely dropped below the breathtaking. Scotland really has never seen anything like it, and it wasn't false modesty when the singer alluded to the fact.

The Herald (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift review: Pop's heartbreak princess dazzles in Edinburgh

Pop's heartbreak princess launched the first of 17 British concerts at Edinburgh's Murrayfield Stadium where, shortly before taking to the stage, she was wheeled into the arena hidden inside a janitor's cart. Appropriately enough, then, she cleaned the floor with her competition - putting on a meticulously-paced, endlessly entertaining show that delighted fans who'd come from as far afield as Australia, Japan and America.

BBC

Taylor Swift review: Debut Eras gig delights fans as star proves herself truly world class

The US pop icon was on electric form as she launched into opener Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince from 2019 album Lover. And her juggernaut of a set, which lasted for more than four hours, never lost its energy.

The Mirror

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Feanor said:

The Guardian (5/5 stars)

NME (5/5 stars)

Taylor Swift Eras tour: Edinburgh show worth six stars and akin to a secular religious mass ritual

Taylor Swift Eras Tour review, Edinburgh: Like mainlining dopamine for three hours straight

Taylor Swift overcomes cold to electrify crowd of 73,000 in Edinburgh — live review

Taylor Swift Eras Tour in Edinburgh review: Singer is at the peak of her powers as she kicks off her first UK show in spectacular style

Daily Mail (5/5 stars)

The Herald (5/5 stars)

BBC

Taylor Swift review: Debut Eras gig delights fans as star proves herself truly world class

The Mirror

Nothing new over here, but where was this energy during TTPD's first week?

3 hours ago, Feanor said:

The Guardian (5/5 stars)

NME (5/5 stars)

Daily Mail (5/5 stars)

The Herald (5/5 stars)

BBC

The Mirror

I love seeing all this praise but they should have reserved some of it for TTPD honestly :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.