Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: European Poets Department

Popboi.

4 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

I just don't understand why so many online Swifties are so obsessed with calling some of her albums bad, you NEVER see any other fanbase doing that :rip:

Have you not seen the Smilers, Arianators, Fighters, Army, etc? :deadbanana2: The stans always have a few albums they love to whack. Lotus, Britney Jean, Younger Now, etc.

• Like 1

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Taylor fanboy

• Ms. Togekiss

• ATRL Moderator

Loved the set list! It did that great Taylor thing where the staging / live arrangements elevated pretty much every song. I think some of the ideas were hampered by the fact that they had to fit them in with the existing production / aesthetic of The Eras Tour, but I'm really impressed with what they managed to do within those constructs; the Old Hollywood stuff is awesome, a lot of potential there for her to extend those ideas into a full album.

Most of the cuts didn't surprise me - as much as we love them, the folkmore/evermore sets were always too on the long side for a stadium setting, so I think the overall intent to narrow them down into one makes sense. I'm surprised she didn't rearrange the show to make Tortured Poets last since it kinda still gives Midnights priority of place, but it may have been too much work to fashion a new ending I guess?

Also the way that reputation outfit is probably my least favourite of the 'default' costumes and its the one she flat out refuses to change :dies: fjfjjfjdjd

• Like 2

none of taylor's albums is bad.

blow-kiss-taylor-swift-nzzf2md4yy14v209.

(sounds of the season is an EP so it doesn't count) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree, I like the new set list and all the cuts made sense

1. The Archer - obvious first to go, no stage theatrics/props/dancers, a downer in the bright Lover set, and merely an album track

2. Long Live - this one pains me a lot since it has so much meaning, but once again it's a deep cut album track from a less quintessential Taylor album (Peak Now is my fave album but it is what it is)

3. ttds, tolerate it, tlgad, the 1 - all make sense. the folklore triangle/illicit affairs mashup/champagne problems/willow were all obvious keeps, so she just decided to keep marjorie for sentimental reasons since it's attached to a "fan moment" too (the phone lights) and mtr has that theatrical element with her female singers/dancers. tolerate it surprised me a bit because it has stage design but i guess the theatrics in the TTPD set made up for it. it's a slow ballad after all and if folklore and evermore were to merge, the slowest songs obviously had to go first. 

the Lover and Red singles are clearly GP crowd favorites, so not surprised they were untouched. i'm a little surprised Midnights set remained untouched, but i guess she likes it the way it is. personally i would cut any Mid album track for Long Live, but clearly she values her latest AOTY smash more than her old country album in the context of the Eras Tour, and i can't begrudge her too much for that.

now onto the TTPD set

1. But Daddy I Love Him - flawless

2. So High School - cute interlude but could extend another 30 seconds for another chorus idk

3. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? - flawless

4. Down Bad / Fortnight - cute

5. Fortnight - cute

6. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived - clearly included for the bridge but idk it feels too abrupt of a buildup and the stomping is a little weird. personally i would have added GAS before Down Bad and cut this, but the bridge is definitely fun to scream live

7. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart - flawless

Anthology ignored. :deadbanana4:

Evermore and folklore disrespected. :deadbanana2:

I don't know how I feel abou my date knowing she's not singing some songs I wanted to hear live to add TTPD set. Adding to that, one of the couple songs I kinda like from TTPD she just ignored too :noparty:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Anthology ignored. :deadbanana4:

The right half of the album got the spotlight :suburban:

Spoiler

I like The Psychology but imagine a set of Chloe and the Gang, Robin and Peter instead of what we actually got :hoetenks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

She obviously added So High School for Travis :redface: Should be replaced with My Boy or Guilty as Sin 

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting anything from Anthology to be added so the addition of SHS (even though it's only 40 seconds) was cute.

Those will be even more special as surprise songs.

I need her to do Begin Again/The Prophecy tonight so I can tell my children I heard it live :ryan3:

• Like 3

The changes were perfect (except for Long Live :weeps: and keeping all of Midnights). 

I HATE her for cutting tolerate it

• Like 4

Honestly kind of wished she did more trimming/shortening songs or doing medleys and gave more time to TTPD

But DILF being the opener. Oh I know my best friend did it for me. That's real love between Taylor and I. :cries:

The way I'll actually scream this song as loud as I can…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chiliam said:

i think its because we are bored fighting with other fanbases so we have to create fights amongst ourselves which albums are better lol

But it`s getting annoying though. Like there`s 11 albums, boohoo there`s 1-2 albums you didnt like, go listen to the other 9-10 albums, stop the moaning and bitching. Talk about the albums you like and lets others enjoy the albums they like without all of your negative whining

Tell me about it. I love Reputation and Midnights but there's such a massive amount of negativity around those albums for some reason that it's killing my enthusiasm sometimes. It's just not healthy to feel like sh*t among your own fandom, it's one of the reasons i can't just be on ATRL every day.

The worst is when people want to pretend those albums are flops somehow, which is just objectively false :toofunny3:

• Like 2

lbr Folklore and Evermore are kinda 2 albums but 1 era anyway, so it makes sense. Surprised she didn't include My Boy in the TTPD set though. It's one of the more theatrical/explosive songs on the album and would have gone very well with the other songs. 

TTPD set was bombastic and crazily amazing - although I'm really not sure was she truly lip syncing on some parts?? 'Cause wow I never really thought she'd do it if it was really. 18 yrs of her career and she have never done it so i'm really about skeptical on these allegations.

Also, she should've cut MTR and Mastermind (ugh) for My Boy and GAS in the set! 

i love love love folkmore and The Anthology to death

and i love folklore and evermore The Eras Tour section. She put on a show for that type of material.

But i went to the movies 4 times and The real show in Singapore 1 times so i completely understand how`s the energy shifting at each eras and people looked bored during folklore/evermore seg, most people just sit down during those segments.  So the new combined set work much better in the stadium setting.

Now the flow is much better.

Long live is the only true lost, that song make most of long time Swifties bawling. 

And hopefully one day she cut mastermind and replace it with YOKOK, like no need big production, a cute montage through eras on screen and her alone with guitar will be powerful enough.

My Boys perfectly matches the vibe of TTPD set.  :weeps:

My boys screamed when the drums kick in :chick3:

I'm Afraid Lana Doesn't Know The Title EATING that hard. :WAP:

ezgif-2-00c146efa9.gif

She was SERVING yesterday. TTPD is IT!

hated the 1989 costume change tbh

was super mad she reunited the sisters last night but I've made my mind about it and she kept the songs I love so... yet I disagree with some... people who didn't connect with those albums will have a hard time with that set which like 32 minutes long or sth...

the TTPD set is amazing BUT I would have put So Long London instead of The Smallest Man... was surprised by the add of SHS but  yeah it's a nice addition...

it's also smart she switched the eras since everyone have seen the tour movie since October... so nice way to add a bit of a surprise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.