Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: European Poets Department

Popboi.

2 hours ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

That medley was amazing. When are y'all going to admit that glitter gel pen is the superior pen? 

The glitter gel pen peaked with Gorgeous. :heart:

• Like 1

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Ms. Togekiss

• Taylor fanboy

@Dear Reader No ''see you soon Lisbon!"...Time to mentally prepare for Me x I Hate It Here? :mandown:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

@Dear Reader No ''see you soon Lisbon!"...Time to mentally prepare for Me x I Hate It Here? :mandown:

Don't talk to me please, I'm so sad :(

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

So there's rumours she's extending her tour to 2025?? Anyone know anything :fan:

spacer.png

so apparently it's this because it now says 2024-25 when you search on the uk ticketmaster. I mean the demand in UK is insane with 8 Wembley shows already so who knows 

Edited by bjorn

6 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Don't talk to me please, I'm so sad :(

Aww don't be. You're gonna have the time of your life. I'm manifesting killer surprise songs for you :nicole2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Aww don't be. You're gonna have the time of your life. I'm manifesting killer surprise songs for you :nicole2:

I'll have the time of my life, that's 100% true :heart:

Rumor so far is just based on fans's hopes. Unlike in the previous times, we haven't heard any rumored cities.

Posted (edited)

If she somehow extends the tour that would mean TS12 would be coming 

:toofunny3:

Edited by LastKiss

I'm finally in Lisbon, my show is so soon. :weeps:

Do I need to bring my passport to the venue?

1 minute ago, Mezik said:

I'm finally in Lisbon, my show is so soon. :weeps:

Do I need to bring my passport to the venue?

Apparently they didn't check any IDs on any other European show, so I'd say no? 

Have fun, see you there :heart:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Apparently they didn't check any IDs on any other European show, so I'd say no? 

Have fun, see you there :heart:

I'm so excited!!!!!

Lisbon is Gorgeous too. :eli: 

Just now, Mezik said:

I'm so excited!!!!!

Lisbon is Gorgeous too. :eli: 

It really is! I'm not from there but I've lived there an entire year. Enjoy the city :WAP: 

Spoiler

you should visit Porto for a superior city though :ryan3:

I've been questioning if I should write about this since the concert 10 days ago, but it's been stuck in my mind since. Let's begin this with the fact that I've been a Taylor fan since Fearless and was always trying to be objective on her releases and career choices. Unfortunately, I feel like recently I was overexposed to her music, so I decided to listen to it less frequently, although there hasn't been a week in which I didn't go back to evermore or 1989 for example.

I attended The Eras Tour opening days in Europe, Paris, on May 11th. I tried avoiding any info on the TTPD set and setlist stages, although I did watch the Tour Film a long time ago which is important for the letter. I was blown away by the staging, production, crowd energy, fluidity of the entire show, her presence and the setlist in general. I'm a big fan of evermore, so I was a bit bitter that it got mixed with folklore and cut because of TTPD which I'm not a fan of. Speaking of TTPD, the most spectacular parts of the show itself were during reputation and TTPD sets, ironic since those are my two least favorite albums, but her energy and stage presence was at the show's peak. It was both emotional and exciting for me since it was my first time seeing her. Everything felt like a tour movie until it began to bother me.  Interaction with the crowd was at it's minimal, her reactions felt ungenuine and identical to the tour meaning they happened at the same show-runtime, even getting out the earplug. She said a few words in French, but that's not how you react to a crowd. I was on a lot of tours, big and small, before and I'm aware this is so huge that there's little space for changes and spontaneousness, but I always felt connected to an artist and left the venue in awe, questioning the artist itself in every way. But after The Eras show ended, it felt like a projector shut down and you should just continue with your day, it seemed like Taylor's everyday grocery shopping that she had do to before going out that night.

Overall, I'm grateful to experience history in the making, but it didn't feel like one. It felt like another show run - in the cinema. :sad:

• Like 3

So I guess your issue that it seemed overly rehearsed and not genuine, minimal crowd interaction. I guess I  can understand that, but it also makes sense. She wants to do a good job for each venue so she prepared what she will do, how will she behave. Some acts prefer to be more sponatenous while others are more planned, IDK if there is truly a right or wrong way to go about this.

N1dcTi4.gif

There's a thread for this tour you could post this in; the mods will probably merge it there

As a longtime fan it's definitely her more sterilized tour. I'm more keen on the personality of Speak Now & reputation tours. She's interacting with the crowd a lot less this tour and focused more on just bringing a massive production of this scale to as many different places as she can. I think on future tours when she isn't trying to appease as many people as possible during a career peak, you'll see her revert back to her personable approach to these shows. :hug: 

• Like 1

I was there too and it was mind blowing :jonny5: I think maybe because I was literally at the front row of the diamond stage. When she was literally in front of me at the bridge of Cruel Summer, I literally felt the chill from the head to toe of my body.

Then again, I kinda get what you're saying. It indeed feel very scripted (I was at both N3 and N4) and too perfect at some parts, but I think that's what makes Taylor special, she's really pro at what she does.

• Like 2

Just now, AbeHicks said:

So I guess your issue that it seemed overly rehearsed and not genuine, minimal crowd interaction. I guess I  can understand that, but it also makes sense. She wants to do a good job for each venue so she prepared what she will do, how will she behave. Some acts prefer to be more sponatenous while others are more planned, IDK if there is truly a right or wrong way to go about this.

N1dcTi4.gif

It does make sense for the tour at this scale, but I've been to other shows where the artist felt more present. Now thinking it just might be about her. 

The acoustic set hard carries the spontaneity and connection we are used to from her, so I'm grateful we have that 

I think part of the problem here is this tour's inescapability online. Things probably don't feel as organic because we've all watched it at every angle, seen everything unexpected. 

Between the tour film and social media, every potentially viral second of this tour is captured in high quality and pushed out to millions of viewers. That, along with the scale of the show in general and its logistical complications, make it very different than a normal tour. Personally, I reframe it as a strength. The most amazing spectacle on Earth. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I personally don't care for singers chatting to the crowd too much but we all go to shows for different things, sorry you didn't enjoy that part. People who went to the US leg could've told you there are v few moments where she's talking unscripted to the crowd so it's unfortunate you went with that expectation, esp considering it's not an English speaking city so it's even less likely she's gonna get chatty

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

She has been known to be very calculated, very rehearsed and specific to a certain little detail. On the other hand she has also been dragged for her stage presence the last few years, including this tour. If you like someone, they are on your constant replay and you've seen the tour film already, don't expect to see anything different. 

Sorry for your "bad" experience but don't expect anything different for each date, when she is touring for years and years.

Edited by xokuba
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

There's a thread for this tour you could post this in; the mods will probably merge it there

As a longtime fan it's definitely her more sterilized tour. I'm more keen on the personality of Speak Now & reputation tours. She's interacting with the crowd a lot less this tour and focused more on just bringing a massive production of this scale to as many different places as she can. I think on future tours when she isn't trying to appease as many people as possible during a career peak, you'll see her revert back to her personable approach to these shows. :hug: 

I hope so, I remember watching clips from the Speak Now tour acoustic sets where she actually talks more about the songs, on this show even the surprise songs were felt in a rush.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I think the reality is Taylor went into The Eras tour with one thing in mind: Fame. She wanted it to be the biggest tour in the entire world, she wanted the setlist to be colossal, she's absolutely lapping up at all these cities giving her the key for the day and saying how much it's boosted their economy etc. And that isn't shade! She's incredibly HUNGRY to be the biggest artist in the world so with that in mind, she's probably on autopilot for the entire show. I think it was definitely a mistep of her team to release the film after the North American leg bc ROW fans are always going to feel as if they're just watching a movie being performed to them now. (Although we could've held off watching it if we had the willpower). The surprise song is probably a little bit of mental respite for her to change up the routine every night as i think she'd literally go insane if not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

I was there too and it was mind blowing :jonny5: I think maybe because I was literally at the front row of the diamond stage. When she was literally in front of me at the bridge of Cruel Summer, I literally felt the chill from the head to toe of my body.

Then again, I kinda get what you're saying. It indeed feel very scripted (I was at both N3 and N4) and too perfect at some parts, but I think that's what makes Taylor special, she's really pro at what she does.

I'm so happy you did! <3 I have one more tix for the Vienna show just at the diamond, but I'm now debating whether I should go. What you said about Taylor's perfectionism is so true.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.