• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miles.

• Reverse Warholian

• RideOrDie

• publikcitizen

• 2 weeks later...

good early reviews.

they indicate it definitely has heavy succession vibes, interweaved with tons of different poe stories. 

Damn IGN even giving it a 10 just like Haunting of Hill House:alexz:

Edit: saw they gave Hill House a 9.5 but still...😋

I know a review doesn't have to say much but at least I'm even more hyped now:clap3:

NNN I thought Netflix was trying to assassinate Usher’s character right before the Super Bowl 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the first episode and it was really good! I was frightened the whole time (I have to admit it's not hard for me to get frightened).

I'm interested where the story will go.

The first epi was more boring than watching poop come out 

• Confused 1

Wanted to try this but it was so boring that I started watching AHS 10 that I never touched because of the awful reviews.

Someone who watched the entire thing tell me if it is worth it to sit through 10 episodes of this sludge.

Im on ep 2 and this is too boring like nothing happens sk far and every character has the personality of dry paint :skull:

I just tried watching this, got half way through episode 2 and stopped. It was so boring. I was kinda glad when I saw other people saying the same thing because I didn't know if it was just my attention span or what but I genuinly couldn't have cared less about everything that was happening. Shame because I've liked a lot of Mikes previous stuff and was really excited for this.

• Confused 1

I find most of his stuff extremely slow burn and dull tbh 

Sad to hear it’s very slow burn. I may just watch this later and watch goosebumps on d+ instead 

Most of Mike Flanagan's works have always been dialogue heavy, slow burn dramas with the horror elements mixed in, I'm surprised to see complaints about that. Haven't y'all seen The Haunting of Hill House and Bly Manor and Midnight Mass? :rip:

Anyway, finished this yesterday and enjoyed it. Had some issues with cardboard cut-out characters (compared to his previous stuff) and the fact that it wasn't that scary, but it was gripping watching the mystery unfold and the character deaths.

There was a very on the nose monologue near the end that was not needed because it's been obvious that the show is also a commentary on class/wealth, but I'd rank this 3rd after The Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass, and above The Haunting of Bly Manor and Midnight Club.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Is this the same universe as Wednesday?

Like Jenna Ortega Wednesday? No

(I’m curious as to why you think that)

11 minutes ago, stochastic said:

Like Jenna Ortega Wednesday? No

(I’m curious as to why you think that)

Well judging by the trailer (havent watched anything else)

Nevermore? there was a place in Wednesday called Nevermore too

+the dark atmosphere of it all, with the addition of paranormal stuff or w/e?

probably not that good of a logic

but still

it's not new for different kinds of series to be in the same world (like Sabrina and Riverdale)

Is anyone else having a hard time getting into this? :dancehall:

I liked it but it does feel slow within the episodes. Like, I think the ending of each episode is strong, it's just that to get there feels a bit of a slow burn. Maybe give it a chance to the end of episode 2, if you don't like it you probably won't like the rest. And yeah I agree that compared to his previous works the characters are not as strong here, I mean they all are horrible people so that's that, you don't feel for any of them just for a couple of characters at the end. Is not as emotional as his other Netflix shows that's for sure.

But I did like the horror of it all, the visuals, the mystery, the message. It has the Allan Poe-y vibe. I liked the ending a lot. And Carla Gugino is a queen.

To me personally:

1. Hill House
2. Bly Manor 
3. The Fall of the House of Usher 
4. Midnight Mass (I know this one is loved by many but the sloooow pace almost made me quit it but I finished it and has great moments, but I didn't connect with it that much)

Didn't watch The Midnight Club

Edited by Yuki O

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.