Doja Cat's "Vegas" tops Pop Radio, replaces herself at #1

Green

pop radio darling :gaygacat5:

Her sixth number one. Most ever by a female rapper 

and looking at the other songs, she will be at number one for a while 

22 minutes ago, dabunique said:

Her sixth number one. Most ever by a female rapper 

and looking at the other songs, she will be at number one for a while 

The fastest artist to have six pop radio #1s  since Gaga and Katy?

They are so close in spins

31 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

The fastest artist to have six pop radio #1s  since Gaga and Katy?

Depends on your criteria?

From debut? Far from it. She came out 2018 (major label debut).

If your criteria is simply the fastest in any given time frame that title DOES NOT belong to Katy Perry with her CG-TOTGA run. CG went #1 on July 3, 2010 and TOTGA went #1 on February 11, 2012, 2 yrs and 7 months. In between those she scored 3 more.

Doja's first Pop Radio #1 was on May 16, 2020 with Say So. Today is October 15, 2022 so thats basically 2 yrs plus so that kicks her out of the running.

The title belongs to Lady Gaga with 1 year and 2 months. Her first #1 was on January 24, 2009 and her sixth #1 was Telephone on March 27, 2010. In between were Poker Face, Paparazzi, LoveGame and Bad Romance.

OT: omg im so braindead i thought u were asking who the record belonged to not who was the fastest since sjfjsjd my post is useless

Edited by MingYouToo

We can’t celebrate anything without a monster showing its ugly lil head. Truly an infestation. 

————

Miss Cat deserves ??

18 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Depends on your criteria?

From debut? Far from it. She came out 2018 (major label debut).

If your criteria is simply the fastest in any given time frame that title DOES NOT belong to Katy Perry with her CG-TOTGA run. CG went #1 on July 3, 2010 and TOTGA went #1 on February 11, 2012, 2 yrs and 7 months. In between those she scored 3 more.

Doja's first Pop Radio #1 was on May 16, 2020 with Say So. Today is October 15, 2022 so thats basically 2 yrs plus so that kicks her out of the running.

The title belongs to Lady Gaga with 1 year and 2 months. Her first #1 was on January 24, 2009 and her sixth #1 was Telephone on March 27, 2010. In between were Poker Face, Paparazzi, LoveGame and Bad Romance.

OT: omg im so braindead i thought u were asking who the record belonged to not who was the fastest since sjfjsjd my post is useless

:dies:

Yes, that's what I was asking. But thanks for the details, wanted to know the dates!

8 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

We can’t celebrate anything without a monster showing its ugly lil head. Truly an infestation. 

————

Miss Cat deserves ??

I didn't even say anything negative, wtf :biblio:  ******* hater. Enjoy your WP!

She is the IT Girl. Hope she will have another #1 at the hot 100

19 minutes ago, foreverwinter13 said:

She is the IT Girl. Hope she will have another #1 at the hot 100

Prob would’ve if streaming and radio peaked around similar time.  Her best bet for a H100 #1 is her lead for next era.  

And I lowkey want it to be solo.  

Super deserved, GP adores ha. :clap3: 

Her new era is going to be her teenage dream of this generation.

I love how she's taken over Rihanna's top 40 hit dominance while not giving sellout hip hop or pop fusion.

This should be #1 for at least 4 weeks.:clap3:

4 hours ago, slw84 said:

Her new era is going to be her teenage dream of this generation.

I love how she's taken over Rihanna's top 40 hit dominance while not giving sellout hip hop or pop fusion.

This should be #1 for at least 4 weeks.:clap3:

This is exactly what her music is, lol.  

Ties Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga for the most #1s in a single year. The third artist to ever achieve this 

2 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

This is exactly what her music is, lol.  

No it's not. Why would you think that?

She brings an artistic spin that this isn't about what's popular it's just a fusion sound.

Don't do Doja like she's chasing a trend or something. It's good she has her lane and she brings different sounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.