RAYE f/ 070 Shake - "Escapism."

touch

CLUBS ARE SINGING THIS SONG SHES FINALLY BLOWING UP OH F*CK ITS HAPPENING :jonnycat:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• khalyan

• YoungDreamer

• josesuxx

7 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Ugh I do wish her catalogue would get a bigger boost than what it’s getting right now. I need hype for her album to be thru the roof

We need the tik tokeras to make black godcara viral next 

I feel like she'll go the typical road and get a big artist to remix the track. If they do I hope it's a good rap vers from someone super relevant to help her breakthrough even in America. She deserves to smash with this song. Ideally I wish this solo version would be the one to go to the top but I think she'll need some help and will prob do the remix route.

11 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Ugh I do wish her catalogue would get a bigger boost than what it’s getting right now. I need hype for her album to be thru the roof

Me too :(

16 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

I'm seeing a pattern with this random artists going viral on tiktok. People are not interesting in the artist but just the song. 

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Escapism hasn’t peaked in the UK or US yet either

8 hours ago, Superbitch said:

We need the tik tokeras to make black godcara viral next 

People keep saying its just a one off but the conversation on social media is centered around HER and her strong presence. And its not just escapism that people are talking about.

And while I know social media hype ultimately means nothing, as a long time (I, U, Us and Shhh) its still so exciting to see all this newfound appreciation for her. 

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Formally impacting US Rhythmic Radio format on Jan 10

Not pop though? :rip: 

12 minutes ago, khalyan said:

nope but i'm sure that's coming soon too. There's already a few Top 40 stations spinning it without a service date which is a good sign than an official impact date will be on the horizon. 

current early supporters:

Station Market Format TW lw Move ovn am mid pm eve Aud
KMVQ-FM San Francisco Top 40 35 8 27 13 1 4 7 10 0.174
KDWB-FM Minneapolis Top 40 26 22 4 12 1 1 4 8 0.136
WARQ-FM Columbia, SC Top 40 22   22 8   2 3 9 0.016
WKGS-FM Rochester Top 40 18 13 5 7 1   2 8 0.02
WKKF-FM Albany, NY Top 40 18 10 8 8 1   3 6 0.012
WHYI-FM Miami Top 40 12 9 3 1       11 0.039

59 minutes ago, khalyan said:

it will impact us pop radio on the same day :WAP:

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, mynameispain said:

it will impact us pop radio on the same day :WAP:

SLAY :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

The US radio version being 3:05 yet still having a part of the 070 Shake verse and RAYE's last end verse :rip: 

The amount of censoring going on too :rip:. If RAYE wants this to truly take off in the US she needs to release a clean version ASAP!

the radio edit is roughhhh :deadbanana4:

I can't at the abrupt ending, the complete omission of the second post chorus and the constant muting. :rip:

20 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

the radio edit is roughhhh :deadbanana4:

I can't at the abrupt ending, the complete omission of the second post chorus and the constant muting. :rip:

Where is it??

The kids are definitely loving this song ksksks. I have a sister that’s on grade 11 and her and her friends have been bopping to this hard. 

it feels so funny when you know an artist for so long and a younger crowd has no idea who they were before a hit song

Singles

1 RAYE & 070 Shake - Escapism. (27,611)

2 SZA - Kill Bill (16,023)

3 Central Cee - LET GO (14,892)

she's taking it :jonnycat:

the song is now featured on US Top 40 Radios "Cool New Music" spotlight. (Outdated stats already but it's nice to see it all together)

AQcF8hA.png

I can't believe how quick her team is moving with this radio promotion. It's almost dumbfounding how they're doing everything correctly in the span of 4 months than her major label did in 7 years :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.