RAYE f/ 070 Shake - "Escapism."

touch

fdjsaiofdnas I can't get over the explosion that this is going through rn. Looks like we have the first global hit of 2023 on our hands.

When the album does fantastic through word-of-mouth as well.

:jonny2:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• khalyan

• YoungDreamer

• 99sandthe2000s

QueenofCopyPaste
40 minutes ago, Saint James said:

would love for this to smash but idk if it can realistically. it's too good and avant garde

She needs to promote it in the US

the last British crossover to US was Ella Henderson with Ghost

And she needs to do that formulae

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

2 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

She needs to promote it in the US

the last British crossover to US was Ella Henderson with Ghost

And she needs to do that formulae

Nnnn what? That 2014 song(a great bop) is certainly not the last British crossover. Dua comes to mind first, New Rules in 2017?

4 hours ago, mynameispain said:

coming for #1 on the uk singles chart next week me thinks 

I thinks that's on lock? :jonny:

Is also #1 on apple music if I'm right and the Christmas songs are still on ACR or whatever that thing was called 

I think its gonna have a drivers license kinda hit moment, someone big on TikTok is gonna use this song and be like "omg this song is so good" and then it will shoot up to #1 like that

4 hours ago, Saint James said:

would love for this to smash but idk if it can realistically. it's too good and avant garde

This HAS to become SOTY of 2023 and im not even joking. I cant recall the last time I felt so flabbergasted by a Pop Song.. maybe bad guy by Billie. Escapism is exceptional just like the entire EP :jonny:

this song was made to be a hit i'm so happy that it's happning :WAP: :WAP: i feel her :weeps:

i'm still so happy about this

• ATRL Moderator

Starting its climb in the US :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, khalyan said:

Starting its climb in the US :jonnycat:

the jump! yup its coming. gonna be battling for #1 with anti-hero and unholy the first week of January, I feel it in my bones

On 12/2/2022 at 5:28 PM, 808s said:

I'm still torn if this masterpiece will be a ww smash or just a cute UK hit :jonny:

Her streaming numbers on US Spotify are really impressive given how she’s not really known at all over here. When I go to her page every few days I’m shook by the jump. It was at like 5 million when I checked once and a week later was sitting at about 11 million. All the acclaim for her lyricism on the tiktok videos… the GP is starting to discover her and I couldn’t be more happy for her. 

:jonny5:

if this crosses over to the US omg... the way she was signed to interscope records back during her label days but they did nothing for her career either.  :deadbanana4: 

It's the double karma for me

350 sales from #1 in the UK.

I think she’ll have to settle for #3 this week. Hopefully Christmas songs go down a little bit next week to make room. Not sure if Xmas songs fall slightly after 1st week of Dec hype. 

2 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

350 sales from #1 in the UK.

I think she’ll have to settle for #3 this week. Hopefully Christmas songs go down a little bit next week to make room. Not sure if Xmas songs fall slightly after 1st week of Dec hype. 

So the top spot would be hers if she wasn't at like #60 on iTunes :gaycat7:

i hope she don't get sigrid'd (like she did with strangers) and crosses over the US

• ATRL Moderator

On AM US, Escapism is charting ahead of Last Christmas, Made You Look, eight songs from Midnights, and Bloody Mary for example.  It's surprisingly strong :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

On AM US, Escapism is charting ahead of Last Christmas, Made You Look, eight songs from Midnights, and Bloody Mary for example.  It's surprisingly strong :jonny5:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/mariah-careys-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-tracks-for-number-1-as-wham-raye-and-lewis-capaldi-enter-chart-race__38019/

she's like 350 sales away from the #1, we need that banner now! :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, dangerousalex said:

@khalyan @Juanny  is there any chance for a banner please? :keir:

i just listened to this song for the first time and it's so cool... idk raye at all so what should i listen to next?

5 minutes ago, Dualove39 said:

i just listened to this song for the first time and it's so cool... idk raye at all so what should i listen to next?

Her “Second” EP is the closest to this sonically and “Please Don’t Touch” is pop perfection

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.