H100: Bad Habit 2x #1, Unholy #2, I Ain't Worried #6

Renan90

AIW would have missed out on this Top 10. The charts are so weak now, the points Blinding Lights had on its 45th week on the charts would have been enough for #1 this week.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• UnusualBoy

• Yog

• Sinister

48 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

AIW would have missed out on this Top 10. The charts are so weak now, the points Blinding Lights had on its 45th week on the charts would have been enough for #1 this week.

Again, you assume the metrics for AIW would be the same as they are right now. And you assume that Blinding Lights would have the same points now that it did two years ago. It's kinda... divorced from the reality of our cultural climate. People aren't consuming current music in general anymore. It's all about streaming catalogs and old personal favorites now.

AIW still sticking around and being a contender is the fault of everybody else for being incapable of releasing music that holds people's attention and is a sign of catastrophic failure for the music industry at large. Radio isn't overplaying Harry Styles more than they ever have with any other hit. In fact, they've overplayed it much less and not even as long as they have with Blinding Lights, Save Your Tears, and Stay.

Yeah I feel like the charts are so weak rn because in general artists are just not bringing it with releasing absolute smashes. It has been a weak year for mainstream pop. Then we have people like Beyoncé who would be slaying rn and proved they can still get a #1 but she has seemingly abandoned her new album lol. And then Bad Bunny is murdering everyone else on the BB200 but American radio is not supporting his in demand music like they should be.

11 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Again, you assume the metrics for AIW would be the same as they are right now. And you assume that Blinding Lights would have the same points now that it did two years ago. It's kinda... divorced from the reality of our cultural climate. People aren't consuming current music in general anymore. It's all about streaming catalogs and old personal favorites now.

AIW still sticking around and being a contender is the fault of everybody else for being incapable of releasing music that holds people's attention and is a sign of catastrophic failure for the music industry at large. Radio isn't overplaying Harry Styles more than they ever have with any other hit. In fact, they've overplayed it much less and not even as long as they have with Blinding Lights, Save Your Tears, and Stay.

Exactly like I’m confused why people always say this lol. 

On 10/11/2022 at 3:02 PM, Click Clack said:

not her tumbling out of the top 20

gnbfvdsa.gif

I looooooove miss minaj but maybe you should have kept it to yourself when nicki has sooo many and way bigger drops

3 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

I looooooove miss minaj but maybe you should have kept it to yourself when nicki has sooo many and way bigger drops

The jokes write themselves. 

You would think with the many weeks As It Was had at #1 on the Hot 100, it would be dominating on streaming. Nope, a song that has been off the Hot 100 for months now is beating it:

Uptown Funk, Despacito, and Old Town Road dominated their year in streaming. In fact, Uptown Funk pretty much swept the metrics in 2015. The only metric As It Was has a chance at topping is radio.

5 hours ago, simplywohoo said:

maybe not

this thread is about THIS week’s hot 100

the one where nicki is still top 10 & the other girl flew out of the top 20.

gnbfvdsa.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.