'Smile' Horror film (2022) In theatres now!

Sweetestsecret

The critical acclaim and box office hit 'Smile' 

Edited by Sweetestsecret

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweetestsecret

• Hurem

• fridayteenage

• X~MoviePoP

looking forward to watching this. is it on streaming too?

2 minutes ago, Infatuation_Junkie said:

looking forward to watching this. is it on streaming too?

"Smile" is, at present, exclusively playing in movie theaters. 

Edited by Sweetestsecret

Saw this on Wednesday and it surprisingly good. Great jump scares. The movie wasn’t particularly original, we’ve seen this all before but the director did a great job making it his own. Definitely happy they released this in theaters. 

It perfectly blends that A24 “elevated horror” with the fun and camp of a Blumhouse blockbuster hit. We love to see it succeed! :clap3:

Was really excited about this but it turned out to be a major letdown. I get that it tries to introduce a new atmosphere to horror but even that “new atmosphere” was done better and more efficiently by other similarly themed movies like It Follows. Other than that it’s a regular horror movie with predictable jump scares.

It was surprisingly fun, but the ending was super disappointing. Due to a horrible ending, it's basically a collection of jump scare.

Wish we had gotten to see the origin of the curse. Would've made it a lot better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

It was surprisingly fun, but the ending was super disappointing. Due to a horrible ending, it's basically a collection of jump scare.

Hide contents

Wish we had gotten to see the origin of the curse. Would've made it a lot better.

Spoiler

I think finding out the “origin” would kind of ruin the movie imo. There’ll be a different origin for everybody since everybody has / had different traumas. 

I really liked it. The birthday scene was so iconic :jonny: It was really entertaining, not the best horror of the year but definitely a good one.

Now i will appericiate the movie while giving spoilers so dont read

Spoiler

I was waiting for her to end the curse. But i am glad it didnt. I really liked how real it felts like even they were smiling it was creepy but not so over the top animated smiles like truth or dare. And the way she didnt even have to time to find the origin and curse continued in the end was a realistic and a harsh ending lol. If she found the solution to the curse it would be a really basic movie. Main character literally came and went like the other victims :bibliahh:

23 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Watching this back to back with barbarian was amazing

Which one did you like better?

8 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Which one did you like better?

Probably barbarian bcs the story is sorta more original 

1 hour ago, diogozsz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think finding out the “origin” would kind of ruin the movie imo. There’ll be a different origin for everybody since everybody has / had different traumas. 

Why would that ruin the movie? It would give it some substance, instead of being a 2 hour long jumpscare sequence

:skull: I was hoping they'd track down the first case and thus find how it all started.

It STARTLED me to the core. I was scared during the whole thing. A movie theatre EXPERIENCE

MadonnasBoyfriend

This was really scary. Cute film but my heart beated to intensely for to long. Had to close my eyes many times ? 

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

12 hours ago, Hurem said:

Hide contents

Why does everything need an original or an explanation ? This way of thinking is what caused all these unnecessary reboots requels and remakes to come out in the first place 

10 hours ago, Bindi said:

is it really that scary? Tiktok is hyping it up so much

Then that's what it is then just tiktok hype. Go in with no expectations and judge for yourself 

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Why does everything need an original or an explanation ? This way of thinking is what caused all these unnecessary reboots requels and remakes to come out in the first place 

Cause some of us watch movies for the story and not just to get scared. And stories need to have endings.

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

It doesn't. But i agree with others that a little bit more explanation could have been interesting. But i am sure that we will get a sequel.

6 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

I agree with this. The explanations always tend to either be corny or convoluted which ruins the movie for me.

I thought it was very boring? I was never scared at any point. Quite strange. :michael::laugh:

My sister however liked it very much.

I saw this on Wednesday. It was enjoyable, the acting was good and the cinematography was very immersing, but many elements of the story were very predictable. 

The only surprise moment was when the thing showed up to her house pretending to be her therapist. And it was very annoying the ex was smart enough to figure out she was related to the chain of suicides, but wasn't smart enough to stay away from her when she told him to.

And I really liked its portrayal of people going through mental health issues being unable to articulate their what they're going through and as a result they're misunderstood and shunned away. 

Edited by Eric.

When you take away the creepy smile aspect this ended up being one of the least original horror movies of the year. I feel like they needed to explore the denom curse entity way more, although the ending saved it from being a complete dumpster fire. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.