• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• WalkAway

• Jay07

• Yog

Well he's right, as time and impact has proven still to this day.

Covid did cause lack of taste so I guess it's understandable.

One is from a music video that still inspires copycats today (namely for Halloween costumes) and the other is just a performance. Strange comparison, but obviously the Dirrty outfit is more iconic.

This is why no one likes them

Again with the comparisons…

anyway, unpopular opinion: Animals should not be used for performances, specially on stage and with loud music. They also had a tigger for that performance and always found it disturbing.

Just now, toy soldier. said:

This is why no one likes them

But they just pushed their song to number one on Spotify.

4 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Again with the comparisons…

anyway, unpopular opinion: Animals should not be used for performances, specially on stage and with loud music. They also had a tigger for that performance and always found it disturbing.

It was a different time but you’re right, animals are not accessories and I think most artists would get dragged if they were doing it today.

OT: I’m not surprised by their answer. Sam Smith have a very similar fashion to Christina Aguilera. They both love being theatrical, with weird clothes, looks and a lot of makeup. It makes sense that they chose this outfit to be fair. 

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

1 minute ago, Icarus said:

Outside of a small number of gays, no one knows about the snake :rip:

Everyone knows the Dirrty outfit

Mess, it is literally the other way around :toofunny3:

I thought it would at least be her VMA outfit which was somewhat iconic. No one knows that random concert outfit they threw up on the screen.

I don’t agree at all. I prefer Dirty to Slave 4 U, but the VMA outfit/yellow snake combo is just way more recognizable. Of course more people dress as xtina’s Stripped outfit for Halloween, there’s no animal involved to take the outfit over the edge. 

Makes sense that the 108-OUT "singer" would choose Christina Aguilera :deadbanana::deadbanana:

I am being 100% genuine when I say I have NEVER seen that Xtina outfit :deadbanana4:

Anyway, last time I remember, it was Slave 4 U that had a tribute video put out by the very channel it was aired in and has been ranked innumerable times by multiple sites as one of the most if not the most iconic moment of the VMAs :) 

Also now that the Fighters are suddenly saying he is "right" and "has taste", they must agree with his statements regarding Blackout being one of the greatest albums of all time, right? :michael:

Edited by Blackout2006

Dirrty was a big hit in the UK so I understand why Sam would think this… But if we’re being real the Britney snake moment is far more recognisable than the arseless chaps :duck:

23 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Everyone knows the Dirrty outfit

WHERE? :rip: :rip: :rip: Who is "Everyone" unless you are talking of those 3-5 obsessed Fighters cuz I have news for you :rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

23 minutes ago, hector.adriel said:

Mess, it is literally the other way around :toofunny3:

Exactly :ahh: 

11 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I mean anyone with even a slight grasp on pop culture knows this isn’t true so w/e

Thank You Tao Xu GIF - Thank You Tao Xu Charlie Spring - Discover & Share  GIFs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.