Breaking: Biden Announces Nuclear War Risk ‘Very Real’

Saintlor

9 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Couldn’t Putin just nuke the rest of the world?

I don't think he would want to. Wars are fought for the rich. What's the point of being rich in a nuclear wasteland?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlanRickman1946

• Saintlor

• Protocol

• Bang Up

I think the point of this speech was not to say that Russian nukes will be the sole cause of armageddon, but as a sign for Putin that not even a small scale nuclear attack will not go without retaliation - he’s subtly threatening Putin

2 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

I don't know if we all care anymore lol we're all tired :coffee2:

Right. Like, my back hurts. :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Robert said:

This is such a horrible time to be alive. Everything after 2016 just feels like the prequel to a dystopian novel.

Give me a decade where we weren’t flirting with the idea of nuclear wars. 

But Madonna is FINALLY going to do a Greatest Hits Tour next year... :emofish:

1 hour ago, Oxy said:

This. It only feels this way because social media has given everyone main character syndrome and makes them think they’re the only generation to live through a hard time. But I have to agree that something did shift after 2016. 

Edited by Aaron

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

This. It only feels this way because social media has given everyone main character syndrome and makes them think they’re the only generation to live through a hard time. But I have to agree that something did shift after 2016. 

3 hours ago, Oxy said:

When was America supplying arms (at this rate ) to a country to fight a nuclear power?

10 hours ago, Saintlor said:

Putin will not just be able to nuke the entire world without retaliation. :skull: 

If he even tries it in Ukraine then other countries will intervene immediately and take him out. 

Suddenly I’m happy to be in Vancouver. Not relevant enough to get nuked in the initial stroke so we could have time to evacuate.

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

This is still an extremely safe and prosperous time in history. It’s important to keep perspective. The average person has it 100x better now than they did in the past. And even in the last century, the current war in Ukraine is 1000x less serious and deadly than a single month of WW2.

38 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Suddenly I’m happy to be in Vancouver. Not relevant enough to get nuked in the initial stroke so we could have time to evacuate.

Vancouver is a big city in a NATO country. It’s also reasonably close for ICBMs from Russia to reach. Both Vancouver and Seattle would be pretty high on the target lists actually.

15 hours ago, Archetype said:

No, if Russia drops nukes on Ukraine, the entire planet will cut Russia off and have that dictator killed.  Not even China or India would tolerate the use of nukes in this context, Putin would be completely over.

ehm... this is just an assumption. I think that China especially has an interest in Russia using nukes, so that they can do the same to Taiwan. 

3 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is still an extremely safe and prosperous time in history. It’s important to keep perspective. The average person has it 100x better now than they did in the past. And even in the last century, the current war in Ukraine is 1000x less serious and deadly than a single month of WW2.

While the last part may be true (for now), the war is only 6 months old. If nukes are used, a single day in WW3 would be just as catastropic as all the days of the Second World War combined. I know that humans will fark this up and opt for WW3. 

16 hours ago, Robert said:

This is such a horrible time to be alive. Everything after 2016 just feels like the prequel to a dystopian novel.

2016 was when the timeline shifted :monkey:

51 minutes ago, stevyy said:

ehm... this is just an assumption. I think that China especially has an interest in Russia using nukes, so that they can do the same to Taiwan. 

China considers Taiwan to be part of China and Taiwanese citizens as Chinese, so you’re implying they would want to nuke their own citizens while also throwing most of East Asia into a nuclear hot zone.  Sounds very unrealistic and everyone except flop Russia and NK will hate them.

15 hours ago, Saintlor said:

Most world leaders, especially Putin, are neither stupid nor crazy.  He wants former USSR territory back and to gain global influence despite Russia being an irrelevant flop in every way since the collapse of the USSR.  Bombing Europe and parts of the world does nothing and the US military itself could absolutely end Russia if they are forced to do so.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:48 PM, Last Boy on Earth said:

But like do we all die right away or do we get diseases and become deformed?

And what happens if we’re already deformed?? 

Last time Biden warned us of Russia, many denied him. turns out, he was right. Im listening.

Russia’s economy is in the toilet and if they used nukes they will be dealt with swiftly. 

Believe it or not, with the way both Russia and China’s positions have faultered in the eyes of the world in the past few years, things are actually looking pretty good for western democracy. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.