EU Parliament votes to mandate universal charger, Apple forced to move to USB-C

Vermillion

Just now, Insanity said:

No HP

Does it have a USB-C port? Most new laptops these days can charge via USB-C.

Also, the way they FORCE Apple to finally ditch their old age lightning cable :toofunny2:

11 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

I just got the iPhone 14 Pro :toofunny2:

See you iPhone with USB-C in two years :clap3:

Verizon is offering me a trade-in for my 12 Pro to get a 14 Pro for free basically and it's really enticing but I think I'm going to hold out. :deadbanana2:

Edited by nadiamendell

Just now, BtDecember said:

Also, the way they FORCE Apple to finally ditch their old age lightning cable :toofunny2:

I remember reading rumors they were planning to make a portless iPhone.

It seems like they're taking it step by step removing ports and now the sim card tray this year. I wouldn't be surprised 5 years from now, we'll only be able to use magsafe wireless chargers. I'll only accept that if charging speeds are up to par because I do actually like magsafe. :rip: 

3 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Verizon is offering me a trade-in my 12 Pro to get a 14 Pro for free basically and it's really enticing but I think I'm going to hold out. :deadbanana2:

Good for you. Tel companies here in Canada are trash :toofunny2:

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I remember reading rumors they were planning to make a portless iPhone.

It seems like they're taking it step by step removing ports and now the sim card tray this year. I wouldn't be surprised 5 years from now, we'll only be able to use magsafe wireless chargers. I'll only accept that if charging speeds are up to par because I do actually like magsafe. :rip: 

I've never use magsafe ever (except on my MacBook Pro 14"). My phone case has a non-removable card holder at the back and I will never ever remove that just to use magsafe. I tried using their Magsafe wallet or whatever it's called and they're terrible :deadbanana2:

It kinda make sense now that they removed the headphone jack 5 years ago and now the SIM tray, but I will riot it they will remove the charging port. Removing the charging port will also lose wired transfers capabilities, thus forcing iPhone users to purchase higher iCloud storage. 

USB-C for laptops? Never heard of it.

They should have done this a long time ago.  Lightening cables are annoying to buy when everything else works beautifully with usbc.  Mag safe is awful and heats your iPhone too much, especially if you’re in your car and it’s over 80 degrees, Trash.  They better not get rid of charging ports as an alternative.  They also slip off too easily from the iPhone for my liking. If they fix that even still I want a port as alternative. Don’t want a clunky magnet in the back as I’m in bed using my phone being obstructed by a thing in the back

Edited by manwhore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.