Will GRRM ever finish the last 2 ASOIAF (GOT) books?

Itz_Dani!

Will they ever be released?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will he ever release Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring?

• Yes, can’t wait to know the REAL ending soon enough
    • NO, this troll doesn’t care anymore and it’s time to accept the show ending is canon

I just know he'll release one and Will then die at the beginning of his work on the last one :deadbanana4:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karla Cabello

• fridayteenage

• TaggedGalaxy

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll probably get them sometime after R9 and before Normani's debut.

Wasn't he supposed to publish The Winds Of Winter way back 2016? :deadbanana4: Anyway, if he doesn't die within 5 years, we'll get it. Now, A Dream Of Spring... well. But I remember him saying in one of his interviews that the wait between TWOW and ADOS will be much shorter than ADWD and TWOFW. Makes kinda sense since TWOW will probably be the book which will address major plot points and the transition with A Dream Of Spring won't be long since he'll just gonna tie up the rest of loose ends that will be in The Winds Of Winter. 

Edited by FailSafe

he's having a competition with scott lynch and patrick rothfuss to see who can be the slowest 

3 hours ago, Kavish said:

George has stated that A Dream of Spring will be released shortly after The Winds of Winter, so my theory is that he is working on the two books simultaneously.  The story is too convoluted right now for him to only work on one book.  He will have to complete the whole story, then divide them into two volumes and see which POV goes into which book, otherwise it will be harder to connect the dots on A Dream of Spring if The Winds of Winter is already released. So we will either get the two books, or no book at all.  I don't think we will get one and not the other.  

He has said a million times that he is not writing them together. 

i heard he was writing the last two books simultaneously but he scraped like a chunk of winds of winter. i think that he is close to finishing or probably written the last book but couldn’t finish the winds of winter:redface:

7 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

mainly because there wasn’t any source material to even base the last 2 seasons off of. 

This line from GOT fans is still so funny, the show is fanfiction from season 5 onwards, they cut a lot of characters, introduced made up ones, changed storylines and it ended up being a mess because D&D cannot write for ****.

“The show ending is canon”

LMAO How can that even be possible?? There’s no nightking in the books, Cersei will never be crowed queen because that’s not how succession works and Euron was reduced to sexual jokes. Bran being king is probably the only thing that’s going to happen, along with Hodor and Shireen’s death. Show watchers need to cope and accept that GOT is not asoiaf

Theyre never coming. Ive made my peace with it. We can only hope for more backstory novellas and **** now.

Give us more Targaryen dynasty stories. Its obvious her cares more for their past than the current timeline.

I’m confident he’ll get the next one out.

I think the final book will remain unfinished, a kind of mythical holy grail of fantasy (at least, for those who like his style of fantasy). It just doesn’t seem realistic at this rate to expect it to be finished when The Winds of Winter has taken him so ungodly long.

I appreciate the hard work that I’m sure he’s still putting in, but situations like this and the Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicle situation just make me appreciate authors like Sanderson more and more every year.

2 minutes ago, M André said:

LMAO How can that even be possible?? There’s no nightking in the books, Cersei will never be crowed queen because that’s not how succession works and Euron was reduced to sexual jokes. Bran being king is probably the only thing that’s going to happen, along with Hodor and Shireen’s death. Show watchers need to cope and accept that GOT is not asoiaf

People are okay with accepting it because a good chuck of the casual fandom are stark stans and GOT post season 4 is basically stark fan-fiction. Book purists and Targaryen loyalists (or Daenerys Loyalists, Jon’s stans seem to be okay with the ending too because he got away with regicide) are the only people who still loathe how badly they butchered the development of all the characters. 

OT: Prob not. I’m hoping for Winds and Maybe a retcon or maybe animated series to reboot GOT in a few years to give the characters the arcs/endings they deserve. Characters were basically one dimensional zombies by the end. All greyness and personality sucked from their characterization. 

24 minutes ago, M André said:

This line from GOT fans is still so funny, the show is fanfiction from season 5 onwards, they cut a lot of characters, introduced made up ones, changed storylines and it ended up being a mess because D&D cannot write for ****.

It's not just on D&D. They started the show on the premise that they'd never catch up with the books because GRRM said he'd finish the books before the show ran out of books to adapt. D&D did a good job when they had material to adapt (S1-half of S5), it all went to **** when they had nothing. They could have done better, but the **** show the series became is on GRRM too.

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

Even if he does finish two books somehow, that still won't be enough. He needs 4-5 more books the way he paces the story

this too. daenerys arrival in westeros and conquest needs at least two books since she hasnt even united the khalasars yet in the books :toofunny2:

37 minutes ago, M André said:

i do think some of the endings are canon. the martells and faegon will probably not be that relevant to the ending. lady stoneheart will exact revenge on the freys instead of arya. daenerys will most likely go the "evil" route, but i don't see her dying so quickly as in the show. bran will probably end as king in the books too, and sansa as queen in the north.

i just hope jon and tyrion die a slow painful death in the books :duca:

Edited by Karla Cabello

I just don't see us getting anymore books at this point. I would be absolutely shocked if we even get Book 6 :chick1: I feel like with HoD dominating the conversation and the plans for more media coming out of that universe in the future, George is just like idc. Run me my check and shut up!

Winds of Winter will be released finished or not because it's almost done but he wants to release 2 books before the last one...

unless he is fast writing these 3 books...

3 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

People are okay with accepting it because a good chuck of the casual fandom are stark stans and GOT post season 4 is basically stark fan-fiction

You spilled with this one, last time I saw on twitter some show arya stan telling how she could defeat Daemon and Caraxes, they're insane :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Khal said:

It's not just on D&D. They started the show on the premise that they'd never catch up with the books because GRRM said he'd finish the books before the show ran out of books to adapt. D&D did a good job when they had material to adapt (S1-half of S5), it all went to **** when they had nothing. They could have done better, but the **** show the series became is on GRRM too.

I mean it's true that George is to blame for the disaster that was the show, but they knew George wouldn't finish way before season 4 was even out. I remember an interview where they openly talk about how by the end of season 4 they knew Arya was going to be the one to make the last blow in order to subvert expectations. I blame George for picking these two dudes to do an adaptation, but then again, it was probably for the money since d&d come from rich families, which is why HBO gave them a chance, even after an horrible pilot (not the one released).

3 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

i do think some of the endings are canon. the martells and faegon will probably not be that relevant to the ending. lady stoneheart will exact revenge on the freys instead of arya. daenerys will most likely go the "evil" route, but i don't see her dying so quickly as in the show. bran will probably end as king in the books too, and sansa as queen in the north.

i just hope jon and tyrion die a slow painful death in the books :duca:

I don't think George set up faegon and the martells just to make them irrelevant, also King Bran and Queen Sansa can't happen at the same time, Blood raven will probably be a part of bran by the end, I doubt he would let her just go with the north. See, this is why I say some things just don't make sense, just like that scene where they reveal Jon is legit because the high septon anulled a marriage consumated and with two childen :skull: 

OT: I think George will end up finishing the books out of spite to some youtubers, bloggers and internet personas that are trying to write their own fanfic rn. Like there's one major asoiaf youtuber who's writting his version of winds, and George hates unofficial fanfic because he cannot profit from it.  

Anyways, If George dies before dropping the last one, then I'll just write my own fanfic, nothing will stop me :skeleton:

I wonder if people were mad like this at Chaucer when he didn't finish the Canterbury Tales before he died...

10 minutes ago, Antonini said:

I wonder if people were mad like this at Chaucer when he didn't finish the Canterbury Tales before he died...

well that's just a short story collection with a loose frame tale, not really a continuous narrative.

spenser would be at least a better example.

anyway, i wonder what his living will says.

No. Lack of talent.

Edited by hétérosexuelle

8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

well that's just a short story collection with a loose frame tale, not really a continuous narrative.

spenser would be at least a better example.

anyway, i wonder what his living will says.

Very true! The modern day Fairy Queen!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.