Will GRRM ever finish the last 2 ASOIAF (GOT) books?

Itz_Dani!

Will they ever be released?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will he ever release Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring?

• Yes, can’t wait to know the REAL ending soon enough
    • NO, this troll doesn’t care anymore and it’s time to accept the show ending is canon

There are still 2 installment left to publish of the 7-part book series planned. The fifth installment of the series , A Dance with Dragons, was the last one to ever be published back in 2011. 

11 YEARS AGO….

In between that time we have seen the TV adaptation start and end, and end horribly, mainly because there wasn’t any source material to even base the last 2 seasons off of. 

The books (or at least The Winds of Winter) should’ve been released looong before that but by now , 3 years after the main TV series got messed by that ending and big outrage from the fandom, you’d think he’d have released within the last 3 years but nope, nothing yet. 

So do you think we will ever see these books In the shelves and in our hands?

Edited by Itz_Dani!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karla Cabello

• fridayteenage

• TaggedGalaxy

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He has probably written himself into a bind with the messy and bloated storylines of AFFC and ADWD and doesn't know how to proceed.

Plus with all the money and cash grabs he can make from the multitude of useless spin-offs and ASOIAF-verse being planned by HBO/Warner, I don't think he has any motivation to continue with the series.

Yes when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves

I think he will release The Winds Of Winter eventually, but as for after that, I sadly don't think he will finish the story.

I don't even believe that he could finish the story in just 2 books anyway, unless he rushes through it like the last two GOT seasons and all the big plot points he has been building up for the past 5 books (a 2nd Dance Of Dragons & Long Night and Euron Greyjoy's Lovecraftian doomsday) are very quickly dealt with, which would be quite anticlimactic. :gaycat6:

If only he didn't insist on finishing the series in 7 books, and let himself have more leeway, we might have gotten another book or two by now.

The books would likely remain unfinished but at least we would've had more to read :gaycat6:

The Winds of Winter will be published posthumously (still incomplete/unpolished). We'll never see the last one.

my conspiracy theory is that he finished writing the last two books ages ago but they will be published after his death

George has stated that A Dream of Spring will be released shortly after The Winds of Winter, so my theory is that he is working on the two books simultaneously.  The story is too convoluted right now for him to only work on one book.  He will have to complete the whole story, then divide them into two volumes and see which POV goes into which book, otherwise it will be harder to connect the dots on A Dream of Spring if The Winds of Winter is already released. So we will either get the two books, or no book at all.  I don't think we will get one and not the other.  

Edited by Kavish

He's rich and doesn't care anymore.

no, hes old, unhealthy and working on all sort of different projects, he does not have the time to finish the convoluted mess the story has become and he probably doesnt have the will to do it anyway given the reception to what was probably his ending plans

No he will die before he finishes the story and I'm mad I devoted so much of my time to a story that will never have a conclusion

No. I don't think it's because he doesn't want to. I truly think he doesn't know how to end it.

A Game of Thrones: 1996

A Clash of Kings: 1999

A Storm of Swords: 2000

A Feast of Crows: 2005

A Dance of Dragons: 2011 

His story is just too big to fit in 7 books. AFoC and half of ADoD take place during the same time period but from the view point of different characters. It was becoming too complex 

He doesn’t know how to move forward. There was rumors that the next book would take place in the future so younger characters would get older. 
There’s a lot of pressure now that the whole world is watching him 

The best chance is when he die and then someone else finish the books.

12 minutes ago, Madonno said:

Should just leave it unfinished at that point

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

No he will die before he finishes the story and I'm mad I devoted so much of my time to a story that will never have a conclusion

me with hunter x hunter

44 minutes ago, Madonno said:

He has said that if he doesn’t finish the story before he dies he plans on destroying all of his manuscripts so that no one can finish it for him :gaycat6:

The AI will finish it

9 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

He has said that if he doesn’t finish the story before he dies he plans on destroying all of his manuscripts so that no one can finish it for him :gaycat6:

That's if he doesn't die unexpectedly :dies:

The way I thought a silver lining to the pandemic would be all the free time he would finally have to motor ahead and finish the books :gaycat6:

4 hours ago, Filpo said:

The Winds of Winter will be published posthumously (still incomplete/unpolished). We'll never see the last one.

:cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.