60- Lover / 468.000

62- Still Over It / 464.000

66- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? / 453.000

79- 1989 / 414.000

90- Over It / 388.000

95- Hot Pink / 371.000

Thots?

base talk] Psychofreak leaves Spotify Global Top 150 - Base - ATRL

Beyoncé 700K in 2 Months :rip:. Olivia & Doja :rip:. Dua :rip:, Billie:rip:, Adele going almost 700k while being a streaming flop :rip:. The Summer and SZA holding it down for R&B :clap3:Taylor with 4 albums doing 500k :rip:

Very good numbers all around. 

CTRL is so impressive :clap3: Summer Walker too, she’s iconic already. :clap3: Doja, Billie, Olivia, Dua all slaying :clap3: 

And Taylor decimating as expected. :clap3: 

1 minute ago, RihFenty20 said:

Beyoncé 700K in 2 Months :rip:. Olivia & Doja :rip:. Dua :rip:, Billie:rip:, Adele going almost 700k while being a streaming flop :rip:. The Summer and SZA holding it down for R&B :clap3:Taylor with 4 albums doing 500k :rip:

Very good numbers all around. 

I think Summer, Doja, Bey, and SZA smashing alongside Taylor, Adele, Dua, Olivia, and Billie is amazing compared to a decade ago when it seemed like Bey and Rih were the only black women the GP would accept. (Nicki on a smaller scale, too at the time.) But we’ve diversified the music industry a lot now which is long long long overdue. 

Taylor's discography just smashes huh :gaycat6:

The fact that midnights is coming in three weeks and that she still has 4 TV to release (including her peak era commercially and her entirely self written album) :rip: 

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think Summer, Doja, Bey, and SZA smashing alongside Taylor, Adele, Dua, Olivia, and Billie is amazing compared to a decade ago when it seemed like Bey and Rih were the only black women the GP would accept. (Nicki on a smaller scale, too at the time.) But we’ve diversified the music industry a lot now which is long long long overdue. 

Yea, and I love that in the case of Summer and Sza, they’re doing it with traditional R&B records. Rih and Bey were doing more urban & pop music at the time with a dabble of R&B. It’s great seeing the genre thrive when it seemed like it was on its way out commercially.

Also, you mean to tell me a critically acclaimed tour with the highest grossest MPG show of all time in the US wasn’t enough to have Chromatica outsell 1989 this year even though Taylor only released the flop Carolina? :deadbanana4:

16 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Yea, and I love that in the case of Summer and Sza, they’re doing it with traditional R&B records. Rih and Bey were doing more urban & pop music at the time with a dabble of R&B. It’s great seeing the genre thrive when it seemed like it was on its way out commercially.

Agreed. Jhene’s Chilombo did great for 2020 too, Kehlani fell off from Sweetsexysavage though on a commercial level. I wish Ari Lennox would get her flowers but the ones who know, know - at least. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

16 minutes ago, mikeyace16 said:

Also, you mean to tell me a critically acclaimed tour with the highest grossest MPG show of all time in the US wasn’t enough to have Chromatica outsell 1989 this year even though Taylor only released the flop Carolina? :deadbanana4:

It's not like it re-entered the BB200 at any point this year even with a whole ass tour. In fact, I doubt it moved more units this year than Speak Now

zGxX46s.gif

The only 2022 album beung Beyonce??? :deadbanana2:

I hope at least Lizzo & BLACKPINK en up doing +300k

35- Future Nostalgia / 594.000

Dua doing +500k for a 3rd consecutive year :alexz:

47 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

speaking of which don't you think SZA would easily be as big if not bigger than most MPGs in the US if she actually released frequently?

CTRL is such a smash hit 6 years in shes pulling 500k yearly its insane :jonny4: if she milked her power she'd easily be a Top 5 biggest US female artist 

This year is kinda a dead year for women if we only take 2022 albums into account

Edited by Billionaire

18 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

speaking of which don't you think SZA would easily be as big if not bigger than most MPGs in the US if she actually released frequently?

CTRL is such a smash hit 6 years in shes pulling 500k yearly its insane :jonny4: if she milked her power she'd easily be a Top 5 biggest US female artist 

Definitely, she’s a superstar just waiting to burn bright. 

3 hours ago, Billionaire said:

This year is kinda a dead year for women if we only take 2022 albums into account

It seems like there are just less and less major label albums being released every year.

22 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Didn't she re-release the album this year? 

Ctrl is a great album btw. 

Just now, Steve Johnson said:

Didn't she re-release the album this year? 

Ctrl is a great album btw. 

yes but the point is CTRL isn't performing like your typical R&B hiphop album from women, its behaving like it was a 1989 level smash era the way its chart run is on the B200.

Her songs and her celebrity level in the US among the Gen Z crowd is insane, only rivaled by Taylor, Ariana, Rih, Doja and Olivia imo

6 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

yes but the point is CTRL isn't performing like your typical R&B hiphop album from women, its behaving like it was a 1989 level smash era the way its chart run is on the B200.

Her songs and her celebrity level in the US among the Gen Z crowd is insane, only rivaled by Taylor, Ariana, Rih, Doja and Olivia imo

Yes, Smash album. 

2 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

critically acclaimed tour with the highest grossest MPG show of all time in the US

I just named a bigger achievement so Gaga’s fine

3 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

Taylor - The biggest female artist of all time in US. :gaylorcat2:

:gaylorcat2:

RED TV surpassed 30 :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

:sistrens:

Impactful Tour they said. :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.