Rihanna becomes first woman to cross 30B streams on Spotify + YT, How?

RihFenty20

Rihanna has become the first woman to garner 30B on both Spotify and YouTube among all credits. She Joins a host of men who have done the same. I was told by ATRL that only 1 woman can compete with men and that woman wasn't Rihanna. Was ATRL lying? Discuss :sistrens:

Congrats to Rihanna, she’s always led the pack when it comes to streaming. :clap3: 

To answer your shade in the OP though, this list includes features, which is why Nicki will be the second woman to reach this milestone on both platforms, then it’s a toss up between Taylor and Ari.

Where’s the proof? I assume this includes features but it still seems inflated. 

18B on YouTube

https://kworb.net/youtube/artist/rihanna.html

21B on Spotify

https://chartmasters.org/most-streamed-artists-ever-on-spotify/

Ariana: 20B YouTube, 32B Spotify

Taylor: 24B YouTube, 33B Spotify

Edited by Both Sides Now

Fake stats? 

Riri has 20.375 billion views on her YouTube channel. 

On spotify she has 21 billion. 

There is no such thing like all credits. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

It does seem really inflated.

12 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

18B on YouTube

21B on Spotify

For her YT features,

Love the Way You Lie has 2.5B views.

The monster has 850M. 
Take Care has 400M
Live Your Life has 250M.

Wild Thoughts has 1B.

Cant Remember to Forget You has 1.2B

This is What You Came For has 2.5B views also. 

So this is an additional ~ 8.7B from her biggest collaborations. Which gets her to like 26.7 B on YouTube. Idk if she has other features big enough to get her the extra 3.3B. I could be missing something. 

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was true, Rih has a lot of huge hits of her own and a lot of features that were huge hits. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

If one includes Rihanna's myriad of features that don't count for any official sales tally and upon which she has zero writing or production credits, then yes she is. Luckily for us, the only people that use all-credit stats are desperate Barbs looking for recognition, I guess we can add desperate Navy to that list as well. 

6 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

18B on YouTube

21B on Spotify

Rihanna is a feature darling. and Her features usually don't do moderately well. They STOMP. I have no time to go through all the numbers but LTWYL (2.6B), TM (850M), WT (1B), CRTFY (1B), TIWYFC (2.5B). That's 8B from just 5 songs. You guys criminally underestimate her and her hitmaking power :rip: 

6 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Fake stats? 

Riri has 20.375 billion views on her YouRube channel. 

On spotify she has 21 billion. 

There is no such thing like all credits. 

If that's the case then a bunch of these men don't belong on this list. However, just because you wish it to be untrue, doesn't make it so. SEETHE.:sistrens:

4 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

If one includes Rihanna's myriad of features that don't count for any official sales tally and upon which she has zero writing or production credits, then yes she is. Luckily for us, the only people that use all-credit stats are desperate Barbs looking for recognition, I guess we can add desperate Navy to that list as well. 

Oh look, a desperate barb that usually has industry info using all credits :rip:

3 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

If that's the case then a bunch of these men don't belong on this list. However, just because you wish it to be untrue, doesn't make it so. SEETHE.:sistrens:

I just corrected your lies, nothing else. and who told these lists are some kind ofofficial lists? Just a random twitter account writing BS. 

You can check views on youtube channel and spotify numbers under chartmasters tool. 

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

It does seem really inflated.

For her YT features,

Love the Way You Lie has 2.5B views.

The monster has 850M. 
Take Care has 400M
Live Your Life has 250M.

Wild Thoughts has 1B.

Cant Remember to Forget You has 1.2B

This is What You Came For has 2.5B views also. 

So this is an additional ~ 8.7B from her biggest collaborations. Which gets her to like 26.7 B on YouTube. Idk if she has other features big enough to get her the extra 3.3B. I could be missing something. 

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was true, Rih has a lot of huge hits of her own and a lot of features that were huge hits. 

I just summed the videos on her Kworb and it comes to 28.9B. Not sure about Spotify :michael: 

She seems to be the closest to this random accolade though because YouTube has died for Western artists so it will take Taylor/Ariana years to catch up to Rih on that platform 

2 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I just summed the videos on her Kworb and it comes to 28.9B. Not sure about Spotify :michael: 

She seems to be the closest to this random accolade though because YouTube has died for Western artists so it will take Taylor/Ariana years to catch up to Rih on that platform 

Kworb doesn't account for the YouTube Music audio version of the songs, such as this one

which has over 100M views

4 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

I just corrected your lies, nothing else. and who told these lists are some kind ofofficial lists? Just a random twitter account writing BS. 

You can check views on youtube channel and spotify numbers under chartmasters tool. 

again, just because you wish it do be true, doesn't make it so. Chartdata provides reliable industry info and also uses all credits. (this is from April, used it to prove my point).

3 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

again, just because you wish it do be true, doesn't make it so. Chartdata provides reliable industry info and also uses all credits. (this is from April, used it to prove my point).

Sweetie, even spotify doesn't count all credits. You can check their daily global artist chart and it's based on lead credits only. 

7 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

Kworb doesn't account for the YouTube Music audio version of the songs, such as this one

which has over 100M views

Her youtube channel has 20.375 billion views which is official number. 

12 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Sweetie, even spotify doesn't count all credits. You can check their daily global artist chart and it's based on lead credits only. 

I mean I'm not going to argue about it.  Yes, I know Spotify only considers songs that are present on the artists page as does YouTube, but these songs are still the apart of her catalog. And it's not like I made the OP with the intention to deceive and present it as lead streams. I fully expressed that this was all credits (aka her entire catalog, including features) So I don't know why you're in here derailing and fuming about it. 

1 minute ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

so did she or did she not? :confused:

She has counting all the songs she has made an appearance on, and is credited for, which was stated in the OP. I don't know why that other guy came in to derail the thread. He could've just said congrats and moved on.:rip:

17 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Billboard does, though.

And for Spotify, Selena Gomez is credited as a lead artist for one verse on Taki Taki while Rihanna is credited as a featured artist on Who’s That Chick & Wild Thoughts - even though she sings the whole song, or all except one verse. So we might as well go with all credits.

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Congrats to Rihanna, she’s always led the pack when it comes to streaming. :clap3: 

To answer your shade in the OP though, this list includes features, which is why Nicki will be the second woman to reach this milestone on both platforms, then it’s a toss up between Taylor and Ari.

Wait how many streams does Nicki have on Spotify? I thought she only had like 15B so it’s gonna take her a while to do it

its probably gonna be Tay (specially with more mvs coming soon), then Ariana in a few years, and after that Nicki

OT: the OG queen of streaming :WAP:

27 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Billboard does, though.

And for Spotify, Selena Gomez is credited as a lead artist for one verse on Taki Taki while Rihanna is credited as a featured artist on Who’s That Chick & Wild Thoughts - even though she sings the whole song, or all except one verse. So we might as well go with all credits.

:cm:
I’ll never understand the obsession with not wanting to count features on these lists, specially in Rihanna’s case cause she MADE those features a HIT 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.