'The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’ Is Netflix’s Biggest Audience Since ‘Stranger Things'

LP54

Evan-Peters.-Jeffrey-Dahmer-Netflix.jpg

Jeffrey Dahmer is a hit for Netflix and for Ryan Murphy.

Dahmer: Monster – The Jeffrey Dahmer Story drew a huge audience on its launch with 196.2M hours watched since its launch on September 21.

Those numbers put it in the very top tier of Netflix hits since it changed the way that it reports ratings figures in June 2021.

Only Squid Game, All of Us Are Dead, season four of Stranger Things and season two of Bridgerton have beaten it in that period and the limited series beat shows such as Inventing Anna, which opened with 195.97M viewers, and the third season of You, which scored 179M.

Source: ‘Dahmer: Monster – The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’ Netflix Ratings Hit – Deadline

Absolutely revolting considering the families of the victims weren't involved. Trash show. 

I was really disturbed by how visually accurate the show was to the court footage (I saw those snippets on Twitter), at this point why not watch a REAL documentary instead of milking families' trauma ?

Seeing some deranged psychos sexualizing Dahmer because he's being played by Evan is also so uncomfortable.

Edited by D.Va

Niecy Nash somehow always stays here. 

It’s always like this every year, we get reports saying Netflix is going to die soon then they have huge blockbusters. 

Wait till they release Air Bender next..

Happy for Evan, this will help him to get more serious roles.

I love it and Evan is so hot

Evan Peters won :jonny4:

poor FEMA Roberts forever PANNED, TRAPPED and CHAINED to shitty AHS seasons like 1984 :fan:

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

Haven’t watched it yet but I’m currently watching Scream Queens after having watched Glee and AHS Hotel and it’s very interesting how successful Ryan Murphy projects are considering the writing is entertaining in the best case and horrible nonsense in the worst case and usually there’s rarely an inbetween.  

1 hour ago, D.Va said:

Absolutely revolting considering the families of the victims weren't involved. Trash show. 

I was really disturbed by how visually accurate the show was to the court footage (I saw those snippets on Twitter), at this point why not watch a REAL documentary instead of milking families' trauma ?

Seeing some deranged psychos sexualizing Dahmer because he's being played by Evan is also so uncomfortable.

We could say the same with every true event story. Titanic? Every serial killer movie/documentary etc etc 

About to watch it this weekend to see what the buzz is about

9 minutes ago, bjorn said:

We could say the same with every true event story. Titanic? Every serial killer movie/documentary etc etc 

That doesn't make it any less excusable ? 

And not really, that's my personal opinion but the fact that some shots are identical to the courtroom footage is so UNCOMFORTABLE. 

I watched it and found it boring. A waste of 10 hours. They really didn’t show anything too controversial that he did. No eating people, barely showed him murdering his victims and we didn’t see what the “zombies” were. 

If you’re going to do a Jeff Dahmer miniseries and not really go THERE what’s the point? 

Ryan Murphy has been clicking down for me also. This, the last few seasons of AHS & the Lewinsky Crime Story were all misses for me. 

26 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

all those negative viral tweets and yet :priceless:

Further proof that social media and its thousands of likes has no true impact on real life.

Edited by est. in 90s

14 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

Further proof that social media and its thousands of likes has no true impact on real life.

They type knowing true crime on social media is what made Netflix want to make this :ducky:

All press is good press when Netflix has little to no big name hits in circulation for most months out of the year.

Everyone’s still subscribed but there’s largely no community around any title so it’s why people are flocking to anything getting traction to simulate that same experience that was pretty consistent for them until like 2020. So if it takes this after multiple flop titles from Ryan and multiple flop Dahmer releases from Netflix to get a hit then more power to them I guess :cm: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.