Russian men escaping Putin's call to arms

anti-bitch

This is from the Finnish border today. I kinda feel bad for the first guy especially, and to anyone who wants no part in Putin's war really.

And here's something from the Georgian border (the country). It's sad how the last guy said that everything he worked for in life for 30 years in Russia was all in vain. :emofish:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZIVERT

• Cloudy

• greeneyedsoul

• Communion

Not one of these men in the video said that they're against the war in Ukraine. Just that they don't want to be mobilized - and you can't argue that "they're afraid to speak against the government!!!!" when they're speaking on camera about running away from Russia, some even openly saying they think Vladimir Putin is crazy. Except for the first one, the others can cry me a river :'(

5 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Not one of these men in the video said that they're against the war in Ukraine. Just that they don't want to be mobilized - and you can't argue that "they're afraid to speak against the government!!!!" when they're speaking on camera about running away from Russia, some even openly saying they think Vladimir Putin is crazy. Except for the first one, the others can cry me a river :'(

so they have to literally say ''I'm against the war in Ukraine'' for you to feel sorry for them? isn't ditching their own countries against Putin's words and refusing to go to war enough? 

3 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Unfortunately. I feel sorry for anti war Russians getting caught up in this but it's equally upsetting to see Russian men trying to cross the Georgian border with their "Z" stickers and merch on full display and then acting surprised and angry when they get stopped at the border for it. No remorse. :deadbanana2:

It's a slap in the face to the countries that are supposed to provide them asylum.

2 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

so they have to literally say ''I'm against the war in Ukraine'' for you to feel sorry for them? isn't ditching their own countries against Putin's words and refusing to go to war enough? 

It's... the bare minimum sis

5 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Yeah. But it's also easier to speak out once you've crossed the border. Now it seems like the domestic protests have died down again because the Russian police is just ruthless. Everyone is afraid of either prison sentence or getting automatically drafted to war if arrested. I think it would be easier to arrange a regime change from abroad. So let's see how this develops.

Man tf up and put order in your country. Get Putin OUT of there if you don't want to be associated with him tf??? I miss the days when people would actually be revolutionary!

6 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

Yes. Where is the sympathy for the massacres committed in Bucha, Irpin, Hostomel, and the freshly uncovered mass graves in the recently liberated Kharkiv region? Where is the outrage over Ukrainian POWs being returned back to Ukraine from Russian captivity looking like this?

All of a sudden Russians are "brave" for escaping a war that didn't personally affect them until this week. Russians are great at playing victim. So yes, I have no pity for self-serving Russians that are angrier about Vladimir Putin potentially forcing them to fight in a war than the actual war and death itself.

6 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Yeah. But it's also easier to speak out once you've crossed the border. Now it seems like the domestic protests have died down again because the Russian police is just ruthless. Everyone is afraid of either prison sentence or getting automatically drafted to war if arrested. I think it would be easier to arrange a regime change from abroad. So let's see how this develops.

Iranians are literally burning their country to the ground right now over a woman being beaten to death over a hijab. Again, the average Russian is complacent. The only reason why these men are acting now are because it's them being affected, and not an Ildar or Khasan from Bashkortostan being sacrificed for Putin's war.

After everything Russia did to Georgia, it's one of the only countries they can flee to. 

And then they even have the nerve to show up at the border with "Z" symbols. :ahh:

16 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

It's... the bare minimum sis

8 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Yes. Where is the sympathy for the massacres committed in Bucha, Irpin, Hostomel, and the freshly uncovered mass graves in the recently liberated Kharkiv region? Where is the outrage over Ukrainian POWs being returned back to Ukraine from Russian captivity looking like this?

All of a sudden Russians are "brave" for escaping a war that didn't personally affect them until this week. Russians are great at playing victim. So yes, I have no pity for self-serving Russians that are angrier about Vladimir Putin potentially forcing them to fight in a war than the actual war and death itself.

They were asking them why they left Russia, not what's their opinion on the war... they are not playing the victim, their country has gone to **** too. Its up for them to decide what they want to do with their lives and how to show disagreement with their government. Also Russians fleeing the country are selfish and playing the victim but Ukrainians are heroes looking for shelter all over Europe? The double standard you have is disgusting honestly, just dividing people even more

4 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

They were asking them why they left Russia, not what's their opinion on the war... they are not playing the victim, their country has gone to **** too. Its up for them to decide what they want to do with their lives and how to show disagreement with their government. Also Russians fleeing the country are selfish and playing the victim but Ukrainians are heroes looking for shelter all over Europe? The double standard you have is disgusting honestly, just dividing people even more

Ukraine has been invaded. They didn't ask for it. Russia is the one who's invading another country. 

You have a lot of sympathy for Russia 

This is the price the Russians have to pay for being apathetic, apolitical, submissive cowards :heart2: And that is death for your beloved Tsar.

Lock the borders like Finland and don't let them in.

10 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

You're not very bright, are you

u07KjOW.gif 

12 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

They were asking them why they left Russia, not what's their opinion on the war... they are not playing the victim, their country has gone to **** too. It’s up for them to decide what they want to do with their lives and how to show disagreement with their government. Also Russians fleeing the country are selfish and playing the victim but Ukrainians are heroes looking for shelter all over Europe? The double standard you have is disgusting honestly, just dividing people even more

sorry sis but no points were made :skull:

15 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

Bestie, the Ukrainians fleeing the country were mostly women and children, the prime targets for Russia's rape doctrine. There were reports of huge amounts of Ukrainian men RETURNING to Ukraine because they were willing to fight.

so they have to literally say ''I'm against the war in Ukraine'' for you to feel sorry for them?

You make it sound like it's humiliating to be anti war. I'm not expecting Russian refugees to go into front lines on Ukraine's side, although there have been a lot of Belarusian volunteers who have done so. I wouldn't be brave enough to do it either, but speaking up at the comfort of being in a foreign country where your government can't arrest you is the bare minimum.

Removing those damn Z stickers is the least they could do and they seem to struggle with that as well

Edited by Illuminati

3 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Ukraine has been invaded. They didn't ask for it. Russia is the one who's invading another country. 

You have a lot of sympathy for Russia 

I have a lot of sympathy for anyone being affected by that man's cruel decisions. I wasn't saying that Ukrainians don't deserve shelter and open borders in Europe, but Russians deserve it too. People are acting as if Russians approve of everything Putin does, when in reality he is an imposed head of state, and they can't even mobilise themselves against him or else anything could happen to you.

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Bestie, the Ukrainians fleeing the country were mostly women and children, the prime targets for Russia's rape doctrine. There were reports of huge amounts of Ukrainian men RETURNING to Ukraine because they were willing to fight.

You make it sound like it's humiliating to be anti war. I'm not expecting Russian refugees to go into front lines on Ukraine's side, although there have been a lot of Belarusian volunteers who have done so. I wouldn't be brave enough to do it either, but speaking up at the comfort of being in a foreign country where your government can't arrest you is the bare minimum.

but how do you even know what's their opinion on the subject if that wasn't even the question? How do you know if they stand with Ukraine or not? I'm just seeing a lot of undeserved hate towards innocent Russian citizens who don't want anything to do with the war, why should they stay in their country waiting to be drafted and later die?  Of course if they are leaving that means that they don't stand with the vision of the president. 

9 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

You're not very bright, are you

u07KjOW.gif 

I'v just been reading your comments on ATRL threads about the war and have decided not to call you out many times bc I assumed that you were very traumatised by the war. But man you light those Russians on fire any chance you get, spreading hate against them when they probably don't even want to be associated with Putin. There isn't much that they can't do either. (I've subtracted a comparison between how china and Russia treat misinformation in their own media to avoid getting quoted by communion). But the point is that many of those Russians can't do much, you saw that the many protests against the Ukraine war went nowhere. To militarise against Putin is impossible, just look at the support Navalny had and how Russians were finally opening their eyes.

I just think that your negative projection, specially over these people who just want to escape such fate, is unneeded.

Again I'm sorry fro what you and many others are going through, but just remember that many Russians are also going though something a bit similar too. All I'm asking is for you to stop shitting on Russians when you don't even know their position on the issue. 

30 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

I have a lot of sympathy for anyone being affected by that man's cruel decisions. I wasn't saying that Ukrainians don't deserve shelter and open borders in Europe, but Russians deserve it too. People are acting as if Russians approve of everything Putin does, when in reality he is an imposed head of state, and they can't even mobilise themselves against him or else anything could happen to you.

No, Russians don't deserve it. The vast majority in Russia supports the invasion of Ukraine. Reasons why are irrelevant. The ones who don't, oh well, sorry, but they have to take the consequences. 

Don't let them in. They didnt care about war until 2 days ago. And most Russians support Putin so close the borders and let them rot.

17 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

Again I'm sorry fro what you and many others are going through, but just remember that many Russians are also going though something a bit similar too. All I'm asking is for you to stop shitting on Russians when you don't even know their position on the issue. 

:biblio: Wow, youre so ignorant. 

19 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

but how do you even know what's their opinion on the subject if that wasn't even the question? How do you know if they stand with Ukraine or not? I'm just seeing a lot of undeserved hate towards innocent Russian citizens who don't want anything to do with the war, why should they stay in their country waiting to be drafted and later die?  Of course if they are leaving that means that they don't stand with the vision of the president. 

I know because a decent chunk of those that were genuinely against this left in March when the first rumors of mobilization started. Now it's mostly a mixed bunch of those that couldn't afford it earlier and those that clearly look like they could afford it but chose to stay as long as dying Ukrainians didn't inconvenience them personally.

There's a decent chunk of these fleeing men that are leaving not because they're against Russia's 4th invasion since Putin became a president, but because they didn't expect to have to do the hard work themselves. Russia is notorious for mostly recruiting their minorities to do the dirty work for them because then it only affects the poor and ethnically cleanses the "undesirable" ones. But now their war, that they're only used to seeing on TV like some sports game has come to everyone's doors.

And believe me, Russians know how to organize and speak up, they're perfectly capable of doing that abroad but every time they do it - it's to support Putin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.