Russians try to flee the country after Putin's declaration of mobilization

anti-bitch

1 hour ago, Living To Tell said:

I'm in Finland and our border control is saying that this is fake news. Also, our minister for foreign affairs just stated that Finland will prepare a visa-banning law for Russians rapidly. Also he's been having a meeting with the foreign minister of Turkey, so hopefully the Nato accession gets sealed soon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Bosque

• Relampago.

• Gottasadae

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

I'm in Finland and our border control is saying that this is fake news. Also, our minister for foreign affairs just stated that Finland will prepare a visa-banning law for Russians rapidly. Also he's been having a meeting with the foreign minister of Turkey, so hopefully the Nato accession gets sealed soon.

Do you have any idea why Finland went with the "it's against EU law" course on visas when the baltic states banned Russian visas? Did they genuinely think it would be against EU law? Or was it some stalling tactic? 

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

Do you have any idea why Finland went with the "it's against EU law" course on visas when the baltic states banned Russian visas? Did they genuinely think it would be against EU law? Or was it some stalling tactic? 

I feel like they just wanted to hide behind a broader EU decision, so that Putin can't say that we are not a "friendly nation" anymore. But now the situation is so acute that we need to move on our own. And I guess it comes down to money that we have vast financial interests with the Russians, but again, this has gone too far. And the public here very much supports banning the visas. Our politicians aren't really Russia-sympathetic anymore either, but some are too scared of Putin's reactions I think.

26 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

Not sure how brainwashed the average Russian citizen is but surely mobilisation should change the mood of the country completely since it would make the war a reality for many Russian families.

The girls better start mobilising in masses for a civil uprising instead. Who is going to stop them? Russian forces are busy getting their asses whooped in Ukraine

There's protests happening in big Russian cities right now!

These pics are from Moscow. People are getting arrested

2cccdab7dcbe44a5b9818f251c4c56c7.jpg.web

4d93ea809d344bccad812bf366d4e547.jpg.web

107d3847bd834b27b11d178c9920e6e5.jpg.web

5 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Because Baltic States (and Poland) always was and will be smarter regarding russia :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, cognitus. said:

Because Baltic States (and Poland) always was and will be smarter regarding russia :coffee2:

hmm, that's not so fair to say. we've always been in a super difficult spot both geographically and politically. but now everyone is finally starting to see Russia for what it is here. read what i wrote above in reply to Dephira.

This man is evil. I feel so bad for the millions of Russians who don’t support him and this shameful invasion.

7 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

There's protests happening in big Russian cities right now!

These pics are from Moscow. People are getting arrested

Russia is so efficient and ruthless in getting rid of protestors. Honestly I wouldn't even get involved in that if I were Russian. Much respect to them. 

6 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Russia is so efficient and ruthless in getting rid of protestors. Honestly I wouldn't even get involved in that if I were Russian. Much respect to them. 

This looks like it could be the first protest that's too crowded for the police to handle!

13 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Well, when Chechens and folks from other parts of Russia were heading to war (mostly central asian), they didn't bother. Now that the war has come into their living rooms and to white Russians, they do care.

A lot of y’all are bold trying to criticize the Russian people for hiding until now. Speaking publicly against the Russian government can obviously have dire consequences to both you and your family. 

I know a lot of y’all here in the US and other EU nations would be sitting on your asses about wars they would start until you got drafted. :skull: They’re not entirely innocent but who are we to say anything when we’d definitely idly sit by and watch our governments do the same until it was time to put our own feet on the ground. And they live in a much stricter, brutal political atmosphere than we do, with much more to lose.

Get real, a lot of y’all are xenophobic at worst and hypocritical at best. Let’s just hope that this causes more backlash and civil unrest so that Pootin can get GONE.

23 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

This looks like it could be the first protest that's too crowded for the police to handle!

This is what they should've do in the first place a months ago but unfortunately putin and his minions has no fear because they know that majority of russians like to live as a slaves :gaycat6:

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

A lot of y’all are bold trying to criticize the Russian people for hiding until now. Speaking publicly against the Russian government can obviously have dire consequences to both you and your family. 

You know, when millions come out to protest especially in capital, any regime begins to think and start to be afraid, Ukrainians proved it two times... but when you prefer to sit your ass down and simply be silent this is what you get in the end :gaycat2:

8 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

This is what they should've do in the first place a months ago but unfortunately putin and his minions has no fear because they know that majority of russians like to live as a slaves :gaycat6:

I remember there were pretty big protests in the cities right when the war started and they got shut down within days. Russian police doesn't play around. 

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

I remember there were pretty big protests in the cities right when the war started and they got shut down within days. Russian police doesn't play around. 

I've heard it was like 50-100k in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, it's not enough especially when this cities has a population of 10mil and more :gaycat2:

7 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

You know, when millions come out to protest especially in capital, any regime begins to think and start to be afraid, Ukrainians proved it two times... but when you prefer to sit your ass down and simply be silent this is what you get in the end :gaycat2:

I mean tea but I know for a fact most ATRLers are not doing **** in the same situation that most of these Russians are in, so the criticisms in this thread are laughable. :ahh: 

Russia is more likely to pull a Tiananmen Square than the U.S. and other western countries are, and yet most of us are going to be sitting at HOME until those conscription papers pop up in the mailbox.  

11 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

I've heard it was like 50-100k in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, it's not enough especially when this cities has a population of 10mil and more :gaycat2:

I don't think it was anywhere near that many people. I remember singular people holding protest posters. Either way, I hope this was Putin's last mistake, and that his fall starts now.

Edited by anti-bitch

It's hard to not say close the borders and let them rot because many have supported and support this whole nonsense, but I wouldn't necessarily close the borders. Tho maybe closing them will make the Russian people actually finally go outside and just end once and for all with Puta. If women in Iran are doing it there shouldn't be a reason for them not to, it's only going to get worse and worse

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I know a lot of y’all here in the US and other EU nations would be sitting on your asses about wars they would start until you got drafted. :skull: They’re not entirely innocent but who are we to say anything when we’d definitely idly sit by and watch our governments do the same until it was time to put our own feet on the ground. And they live in a much stricter, brutal political atmosphere than we do, with much more to lose.

Get real, a lot of y’all are xenophobic at worst and hypocritical at best. Let’s just hope that this causes more backlash and civil unrest so that Pootin can get GONE.

Finally someone with braincells for once :clap3:

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This. Can't blame ATRLers either for the dumb posts because they've never seen conflict and treat this like a video game / action movie :rip:

Russians still should've done better, though. 

I have no sympathy for the majority of Russians.

They’re not saying “no more killing Ukrainians,” they’re saying “no mobilization.” They’re upset because now they’re being affected by the war, despite 7 months of war crimes and other atrocities. And they’re not calling out Putin’s inhumanity, they’re calling out his corruption and him ruining the Russian projection of power on the world.

The lack of empathy towards ordinary Russian men trying to avoid having to die in a war they did not start in here is pretty unhinged and evil

32 minutes ago, Protocol said:

The lack of empathy towards ordinary Russian men trying to avoid having to die in a war they did not start in here is pretty unhinged and evil

Says the one that has openly said you would rather Ukrainians die and appease Russia than have to wear a sweater at home this winter, this is pretty rich :toofunny2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.