• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad_vocal_technique

• PopNStuff

• KatyPrismSpirit

• La Reina

2 hours ago, Green said:

Remember when ATRL trolls tried to drag her for releasing AGUILERA on May 31st (the last day of the eligibility period of the Latin Grammys) And now she scored more nominations than what did with Mi Reflejo including ROTY, AOTY & SOTY  :jonny5:

Not gonna lie, even as a stan myself I thought it was so messy to do that when they could've focused on making "Sueltame" a hit and focus on the Latin GRAMMYs the year after instead because the rush release was a risky move that could backfire. @Truth Teller and I were saying this in the album thread

The move paid off for her though, and paid off big. Xtina always proves the doubters wrong :clap3:

Also, I see some xenophobia/racism in this thread trying to discredit the Latin GRAMMYs when it's still the most prestigious Latin music award

4 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Not gonna lie, even as a stan myself I thought it was so messy to do that when they could've focused on making "Sueltame" a hit and focus on the Latin GRAMMYs the year after instead because the rush release was a risky move that could backfire. @Truth Teller and I were saying this in the album thread

The move paid off for her though, and paid off big. Xtina always proves the doubters wrong :clap3:

Also, I see some xenophobia/racism in this thread trying to discredit the Latin GRAMMYs when it's still the most prestigious Latin music award

Yeah we should report the subtle and not so subtle racists comments about just being the Latin Grammys when it’s a huge honor and they low key actually award worthy musicians more than the main Grammys 

Talent always wins

i have aNd keep playing this album nonstop

i cant wait for la luz

Congrats to Christina :clap3:

I knew she was going to get noms I was shook she is up for 7 :eek: 

It will be a competitive with Xtina, Bad Bunny & Rosalia 

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

Yeah, I'm sure she'll release "La Luz" in November, just in time for the Grammys. I hope we get a music video for "Brujería" on October 31st though. 

But she's definitely debuting new music at the Latin Billboard Awards.. End of this month.. It was already confirmed. We're getting a taste of La Luz very soon.

Edited by Sharamee6

They probably had an arrangement because of last year's performance, cause girl... :rip: 

2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

They probably had an arrangement because of last year's performance, cause girl... :rip: 

Christina has always been a grammy darling even Liberation got a few nods. So you are wrong. 

Your music doesnt have to be a runaway success to get nods thats how the grammys use to be. The grammys are what made Norah Jones career take off. No one knew who she was before album of the year win. 

she's still the underdog behind Bad Bunny and Rosalía.

but honestly her winning 2 would be fine for me :clap3:

Deserved.

That Pop Vocal Album nomination seems like a LOCK for the win.

The rest will be a murky proposition.

7 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

Christina has always been a grammy darling even Liberation got a few nods. So you are wrong. 

Your music doesnt have to be a runaway success to get nods thats how the grammys use to be. The grammys are what made Norah Jones career take off. No one knew who she was before album of the year win. 

Exactly.

Commercial success shouldn't factor in who gets nominated or wins GRAMMYs. This is why Lemonade should've won over 25, and why I'm glad to see Xtina score a legendary number of nominations in 2022.

58 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Yeah we should report the subtle and not so subtle racists comments about just being the Latin Grammys when it’s a huge honor and they low key actually award worthy musicians more than the main Grammys 

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, TeamThiem said:

Deserved.

That Pop Vocal Album nomination seems like a LOCK for the win.

The rest will be a murky proposition.

I think she'll win at least Pop Vocal Album and Best Urban Fusion Performance (she has higher chances of winning since she has TWO songs in this category).

But my dream would be for her to win AOTY or SOTY, though I understand it may be hard to beat younger, more popular artists right now.

16 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Most likely. But it’s good publicity for the Latin Grammys. 

My question is why is the album in Traditional Pop? Surely it just just be Pop or even Urban since two of the songs from the album are in that category :deadbanana4: I’m guessing they knew that would be an easy win so they put it in there. 

16 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

I don't say it just because the album was a commercial flop but also because it's bad and not even the critics cared about it. Liberation was one of her bests albums so it low key deserved the nominations. 

I cannot relate to the current state of Latin music, even Xtina went that route, nevertheless I hope she wins all of those noms instead fo those :pukey: reggaetón people. 

8 minutes ago, K@rm@ said:

Omg Yas!! i think Mi Reflejó only got like 3 noms ?

That's so sad, MR deserved these 7 and more, bop after bop, truly a Latin classic. 

Deserved, she’s a talented legend who always wins at the end. I’m happy for her :clap3:

Also we were dragging her ass for that messy AGUILERA schedule but I guess it paid off :gaycat: now release La Luz and physicals queen

Omg I didn't expect this at all. So happy if she doesn't get any award, hopefully she can snatch at least 1. Either way I'm happy she got those noms :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.