Bigger: TikTokers or YouTubers?

Da Vinci

Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Question

• TikTokers
    • YouTubers

Did TikTokers like Charli Damelio, Bella Poarch, Khaby Lame, etc. surpass YouTubers like Mr. Beast, Pewdiepie, Logan Paul, etc.?

Or are they all still equally not "real celebs" :celestial3:

42 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Did TikTokers like Charli Damelio, Bella Poarch, Khaby Lame, etc. surpass YouTubers like Mr. Beast, Pewdiepie, Logan Paul, etc.?

Or are they all still equally not "real celebs" :celestial3:

Yeah the blessing and curse to TikTok is the algorithm... due to the algorithm anyone can blow up pretty quickly but very rarely does that fame translate outside of TikTok. A lot of TikTok stars have lamented this, that they have 5 million followers on TikTok but less than 100,000 on IG, etc which makes it harder to make $$$ outside of TikTok.

YouTube still is the #1 place to blow up and the best place where you can build a solid career.

The biggest YouTubers who debuted before 2018-19 (that are still successful) are bigger than the biggest TikTokers. But 2020s (incl 2019)- onwards there are barely any new famous youtubers

Edited by tellem

I think Youtube still has a wider demographic in terms of people of various ages using it. Also the long format videos allow to get to know these people a little better.

I guess the crossovers that successfully do both are the real winners here

I feel like its harder to become a bigger YouTuber than to be a TikToker. Also, I just know that YouTube fans are far more dedicated than fans of the other.

YouTubers by a lot.

Tik Tok fame doesn’t mean anything, I personally know several people with millions of followers there and literally not even their followers know who they are. They pop-up once in the fyp say something funny people follow them and never see them again.

Youtube and Instagram followers are a lot more valuable because of they are community built, while Tik-tok is just random followers.

Tik tok has only created like 10 celebs and they have like 60-100m followers.

Edited by Trent W

YouTube is now full of ads and nobody has time for that. The golden era of big YouTubers is long gone and only millennials seem to be using it now. 

YouTubers have a higher production value with loyal following that gets notified every time they post. It’s not as frivolous where you can casually view new, relatable content swipe after swipe. Anyone can gain thousands of followers overnight on TikTok. I’ve had silly videos go “viral” a couple of times and garnished almost a hundred thousand followers, but it doesn’t mean much if you’re not consistent tbh. There’s just a better reach overall, but also getting more and more over saturated and geared towards the influencers. You’d have to constantly pump semi viral content on the daily with TikTok to get half the recognition YouTube stars get by posting one or two videos a week. 

Jake Paul & Logan Paul have people paying in droves to watch them do ****, they are bigger than them tiktokers. 

lately tik tokers lol

YouTubers were definitely bigger among the general population as they were a much less saturated market. There's way too many TikTokers for any of them to be huge.

YouTube doesn't require an account to view, and there's content for everybody. That alone gives YouTubers a pretty big advantage.

Youtuber gets you a real following and community while TikTok gets you a cute 15 minutes of viral fame 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.