7 Years of Honeymoon...thoughts on it today?

NOW

ecd4d921.png

https://music.apple.com/us/album/honeymoon/1440827260

6d5f613ea5e0df752fbf757b4e9b2702.jpg

ed76068ce4c4427e8ecc3141d75a7b28.jpg

But Honeymoon is by far Del Rey’s most beautifully made and cohesive album. It’s worth our while, though, to look at it as one final wink on an album full of them. That all the while we’ve been debating her authenticity, she’s stood steadfast playing a character and is pleased every time we painstakingly try to figure it out. Who is Lana Del Rey? Someone who is constantly asking us who we are when we need things given to us as neatly as possible.

https://www.factmag.com/2015/09/27/lana-del-rey-honeymoon-review/

Del Rey has that uncanny ability to sound both modern and retro at the same time but walks a very singular path. So let’s hope this isn’t adieu but an au revoir, because Honeymoon reaffirms her ability to make important, masterful pop music that doesn’t pay a blind bit of notice to fashion and it's all the better for it.

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/honeymoon-is-the-dazzling-emancipation-of-lana-del-rey

I guess what I’m trying to say is yes, yes, and thank you. Your previous communications have been great to immerse myself in, but this one has really floored me. You’ve found your own style and run with it. It’s amazing to see someone so free and in control.

https://drownedinsound.com/releases/19042/reviews/4149440

It reminds us of something that was the very issue with Del Rey that irritated some early on—she knows exactly what she is doing. Honeymoon just synthesizes ideas she's been vamping on from the beginning into a unified work. She figured where she was going long before she got there; with Honeymoon she has finally arrived.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21033-honeymoon/

And so after four years in the limelight, here lounges Ms. Del Rey, immune to the gravitational pull of the discourse about her. Once a careful invention, she is now glassy-eyed and glassy-voiced, too cool to care. The result is something like a dog that, when its leash is tugged, simply lies on the ground and shuts its eyes: basking in the sun, feeding off its warmth, never giving an inch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/18/arts/music/review-lana-del-rey-honeymoon.html

4484016cbb178406cc5d0dfe4c5beb6a.jpg

Edited by NOW

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheBoss

• NOW

• Aaron

• Supervillain

Top Posters In This Topic

God Knows I Tried is top 5 on her discography. The Blackest Day top 3. :gaycat:

My favorite album in her discography. There really is something magical about this album. :gayalipacat5:

I remember not feeling it the first month of release. Then it hit me. It hit me. It really hit me.

So cinematic my god :jonny2:

Terrence Loves You, The Blackest Day, underrated gem Swan Song… too good.

3 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

I remember not feeling it the first month of release. Then it hit me. It hit me. It really hit me.

So cinematic my god :jonny2:

Terrence Loves You, The Blackest Day, underrated gem Swan Song… too good.

Swan Song, YES! And also I'm just gonna say it, but Music To Watch Boys To might one of the best songs she has ever written and ever recorded, is the ultimate femme fatale anthem

Her top 3 for sure; it’s so cohesive sonically! 

God know I tried, the High by the beach, Freak and Art Deco back to back punch :jonny6:

Edited by Kh-Loud

Her best album.

Honeymoon

Music to Watch Boys to

Terrence Loves You

High By the Beach

Freak

Art Deco

Religion

Salvatore

The Blackest Day

Swan Song

All 10s

Her magnum opus. :heart2: 

I remember being one of the only ones on atrl defending it tooth & nail back in 2017-2018.

LOVE seeing how the mood towards it has changed :smitten:

Her best album :heart: It’s just so dreamy and captivating. Salvatore, the Blackest Day, Swan Song and Terrence Loves You are career highlights.

20 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

I remember being one of the only ones on atrl defending it tooth & nail back in 2017-2018.

I was the same on Lanaboards, I remember when they used to call it Comamoon/Honeysnooze :gaycat6:

Charming album. The Blackest Day is one of my favorite songs from her. Salvatore is fun from an Italian pov haha!

37 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

I wish I could read the OG ATRL thread again:WAP: The leak was so messy, wasn't it played at some random store or something?

I love this album :heart2: High by the Beach is her second best lead single after Video Games, easily

My favorite photoshoot of hers! :clap3:

I believe only BB and (maybe) NFR! are above this incredible record. Used to be my favorite back then and i loved it the moment MTWBT dropped.

Also the transition from Freak to Art Deco :jonny:

A masterpiece.

The title track is my favorite song of all time. :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.