Are you interested in true crime?

hallucinate

i’ve always been interested in true crime stuff but a few years ago i started watching videos about it on youtube and recently i got into podcasts and subreddits as well :giraffe: ngl it creeps me out sometimes but i feel more aware now… if that makes sense

I grew up with my parents watching Unsolved Mysteries all the time and now I'm scarred from any true crime show/podcasts :rip: They creep me out too much.

Edited by The Closer

Honestly I like documentaries of such. At one pint that’s all I would seek out on Netflix (there’s literally nothing new or worth watching on there for months now.) 

I don’t think I’d actually listen to a podcast on that topic tho. 

I used to watch FBI Files and New Detective with my uncle when I was younger and grew up on true crime. I watch a bunch of documentaries on Netflix and Investigation Discovery is literally the only station I watch at home. There's like 4 youtubers I watch and 1 podcast but after that I try to forget about them lol. I get what you mean though about you being more aware. I always tell people I'm not scared of supernatural stuff but the fact that anyone can be a murderer/kidnapper etc. freaks me out and makes me on edge lol 

Yeah I’m obsessed with MrBallen’s YouTube channel

17 minutes ago, Misguided Ghost said:

I used to be more interested tbh, I still do listen to some podcasts from time to time. 

do you have any recommendations?

4 minutes ago, kaveer said:

I used to watch FBI Files and New Detective with my uncle when I was younger and grew up on true crime. I watch a bunch of documentaries on Netflix and Investigation Discovery is literally the only station I watch at home. There's like 4 youtubers I watch and 1 podcast but after that I try to forget about them lol. I get what you mean though about you being more aware. I always tell people I'm not scared of supernatural stuff but the fact that anyone can be a murderer/kidnapper etc. freaks me out and makes me on edge lol 

who are they? i’m very picky when it comes to true crime youtubers and podcasts but at the same time i want to get into more :celestial5:

18 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Honestly I like documentaries of such. At one pint that’s all I would seek out on Netflix (there’s literally nothing new or worth watching on there for months now.) 

I don’t think I’d actually listen to a podcast on that topic tho. 

i usually avoid documentaries since i’m assuming they show the victim, the area that it happened etc. i feel like i would be scared :gaycat6: maybe i need to give it a try in the future

Yessss! Used to be of my favorite thing ever tbh but not as much recently. I used to religiously watch this Youtuber called Cayleigh Elise and her different series but one day she randomly wiped her channel and disappeared (some re-uploads are still there tho). I later learned that she did that for her own mental health issues so hope she's doing well now. She genuinely cared about the cases and stories that she talked about. She didn't do it for "entertainment" like some others do, she was very passionate, ethical and respectful. That made her my fave true crime content creator. I remember spending hours on subreddits and sketchy websites digging for more info after watching her videos. :'(

I still listen to Bailey Sarian sometimes (mostly to put me to sleep :rip:) but I find her take on them really weird even if she has good intentions. Other than that, I casually check random Netflix docs or YT vids but nothing really caught my interest like Ms Elise.

Edited by State of Grace.

Also this **** really opened my eyes more but made me kinda (even more) paranoid. There was a time where I would think that a murderer/rapist/kidnapper is around everytime I go out with some friends and it became annoying skskks :skull:

11 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Yessss! Used to be of my favorite thing ever tbh but not as much recently. I used to religiously watch this Youtuber called Cayleigh Elise and her different series but one day she randomly wiped her channel and disappeared (some re-uploads are still there tho). I later learned that she did that for her own mental health issues so hope she's doing well now. She genuinely cared about the cases and stories that she talked about. She didn't do it for "entertainment" like some others do, she was very passionate, ethical and respectful. That made her my fave true crime content creator. I remember spending hours on subreddits and sketchy websites digging for more info after watching her videos. :'(

I still listen to Bailey Sarian sometimes (mostly to put me to sleep :rip:) but I find her take on them really weird even if she has good intentions. Other than that, I casually check random Netflix docs or YT vids but nothing really caught my interest like Ms Elise.

omg yes, i’ve probably watched almost all of her videos but she annoys me now :dies:

i don’t really go back and watch her videos again nnnnn plus i don’t think she uploads regularly anymore

i listen to her “Dark History” podcast sometimes though, depends on the topic

Edited by hallucinate

56 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Lmao I use to watch her videos all the time too lol that Bailey girl. She introduced true crime YouTubers for me. She was the first I followed but now she kinda of annoying tbh. 

Yesssss i follow so many on youtube :jonny: My favourite is definitely Brittany Vaughn she stopped uploading for a while but now she’s back :clap3:

is there any LGBT ones that people know about? 

absolutely, the newer seasons of unsolved mysteries on netflix are well worth the watch.

ngl i love listening to videos by true crime youtubers (bella fiori, kendall rae etc.) to fall asleep

dua-dance.gif

Anymore the genre feels so oversaturated and all the best cases have been covered to death. Those Netflix documentary series that honestly could have been an hour getting spanned out into 7 episodes are all horrible (the Cecil Hotel one was particularly atrocious). I miss short and sweet 30 min Forensic Files that didn’t veer off into stupid conspiracy narratives concocted by neckbeard YouTube sleuths.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Yes but only the super creepy and mysterious ones 

my current obsession is the Delphi murders. Like two teenage girls were brutally murdered in broad daylight and one of them filmed the guy so they have his picture + voice but it's never been solved. My obsession isn't morbid either; I feel so sad for the families of these girls and the act seems so senseless and random. I hope everyday there will be a break in the case and that monster will be punished 

It's the only thing I'm interested in

dua-dance.gif

And yes, Bailey fell off hard

Only Mystery Makeup Monday :gaycat:

If you know, you're a sylish icon. I luv u and we can be besties :gaycat2:

Patrick with nails and lashes memes - Posts | Facebook

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

Yesssss i follow so many on youtube :jonny: My favourite is definitely Brittany Vaughn she stopped uploading for a while but now she’s back :clap3:

is there any LGBT ones that people know about? 

i’d suggest my favourite true crime youtuber Eleanor Neale, she is bisexual :giraffe:  her videos are always very detailed and she has nice delivery

2 hours ago, Jagger said:

Yes but only the super creepy and mysterious ones 

my current obsession is the Delphi murders. Like two teenage girls were brutally murdered in broad daylight and one of them filmed the guy so they have his picture + voice but it's never been solved. My obsession isn't morbid either; I feel so sad for the families of these girls and the act seems so senseless and random. I hope everyday there will be a break in the case and that monster will be punished 

iirc there were several new updates recently, i hope it gets solved as well :frown:

edit: found it

Spoiler

Edited by hallucinate

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

I watch Stephanie Soo summarize and dumb everything down for me :rip:

her thumbnails are very off-putting for me and eating while talking about murder seems just… a bit tasteless so i avoid her content

plus she seems like she jumped on the true crime train because it was popular, feels very insincere

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

i’d suggest my favourite true crime youtuber Eleanor Neale, she is bisexual :giraffe:  her videos are always very detailed and she has nice delivery

iirc there were several new updates recently, i hope it gets solved as well :frown:

edit: found it

Reveal hidden contents

i’m already subscribed to that queen :clap3:

Absolutely. It's amazing how disgusting the human mind is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.