1. 1. Best one

• Kaluuya's Get Out
    • Lupita's Us
    • Keke Palmer's Nope
  2. 2. Worst one

• Allison Williams's Get Out
    • Lupita's Us
    • Jean Jacket's Nope

Which acclaimed film from king Jordan Peele do you think it's the best one? Which one do you think it's the worst one? Discuss. :gaycat:

My favorite is Us, but I liked all the movies, so I refuse to pick a worst one. :michael:

I enjoyed them all, but it wasn't until I saw Nope that I wanted to have further conversations around the film. I googled podcasts, watched reviews and saw the movie twice in theaters because I was obsessed. Nope>Us>Get Out. Jordan Peele>>> 

Us was significantly worse than the surrounding two

I've already seen Nope twice in theatres :jonny5: I'd say it's my favorite

While I love Us, I couldn't choose as the best, so I choose Nope because I love a good extraterrestrial horror with a message. I mistakenly choose Nope as the worst, and forgot to change it. oh well. Us wasn't the best however of the three it is little less despite the ending being with chain around the world being one of my more favourite endings and the modern take of doppelgangers being pretty well done. I would have still chosen Us.

Get out > Nope > Us

I enjoyed all 3 but I feel like Us's "explanation" leaves the viewers with more questions than answers.

I get how it can be good to discuss movies and have different interpretations but I don't like coming out of a movie feeling like I'm still confused about things, especially major aspects of the movie. That's why I personally prefer Get Out, it doesn't require as much audience interpretation while still having a unique and great plot. The other 2 are also great but there were just certain parts I didn't feel quite satisfied with how it ended.

10 minutes ago, potent said:

I get how it can be good to discuss movies and have different interpretations but I don't like coming out of a movie feeling like I'm still confused about things, especially major aspects of the movie. That's why I personally prefer Get Out, it doesn't require as much audience interpretation while still having a unique and great plot. The other 2 are also great but there were just certain parts I didn't feel quite satisfied with how it ended.

For me, I feel like Nope was so straightforward. The only thing I wished for it was for it to be more gory :priceless:

2 minutes ago, MP2K said:

For me, I feel like Nope was so straightforward. The only thing I wished for it was for it to be more gory :priceless:

I didn't understand what was going on with the standing up shoe though? I wish there had at least been some attempt to clarify that since they kept focusing on it.

I love all types of horror/supernatural stuff so being unclear isn't that big of a deal as long as it does the scary aspects well. But it could make the difference between being good and great for me.

US > Get Out > Nope

objectively, Get Out is the best film out of the three. but US wins for me because i'm a horror hoe and it's the only one that's an actual horror movie. Get Out is more like a dark comedy and Nope is a SciFi creature feature 

Us was the most thrilling and the most unique concept

I’m still shook at the clones, the Hands Across America element and the overall societal commentary :jonny: One of the best films of all time 

Get Out is the best. Us is the weakest one (because despite the symbolism it didn't hit as hard as the other two.)

Nope is in the middle. It had a lot of GREAT moments but didn't quite overtake Get Out for me.

14 minutes ago, potent said:

I didn't understand what was going on with the standing up shoe though? I wish there had at least been some attempt to clarify that since they kept focusing on it.

I love all types of horror/supernatural stuff so being unclear isn't that big of a deal as long as it does the scary aspects well. But it could make the difference between being good and great for me.

the shoe saved his life. he was focusing on that and it kept the chimp from attacking him (along with the tablecloth covering his eyes). both of these things can be described as a "bad miracle" (a running theme in the film) the gordy incident inspired jupe to create the park in the first place with the museum dedicated to the Gordy incident. when that goes cold and he discovers Jean Jacket and starts feeding it horses, he thinks the Gordy incident "miracle" gave him the ability to tame wild beasts that kill everything else.

in the end, it was exactly that for him (a bad miracle), as Jean Jacket's appearance was another instance of a beast that can't be tamed.

Us > Nope = Get Out. 

Love all three tho. Hope we get 4 5 6  7 7 810xjdjsj

4 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Reveal hidden contents

the shoe saved his life. he was focusing on that and it kept the chimp from attacking him (along with the tablecloth covering his eyes). both of these things can be described as a "bad miracle" (a running theme in the film) the gordy incident inspired jupe to create the park in the first place with the museum dedicated to the Gordy incident. when that goes cold and he discovers Jean Jacket and starts feeding it horses, he thinks the Gordy incident "miracle" gave him the ability to tame wild beasts that kill everything else.

in the end, it was exactly that for him (a bad miracle), as Jean Jacket's appearance was another instance of a beast that can't be tamed.

That's what I heard in some places, but my thoughts seeing it was that 

Spoiler

the shoe was standing up because of the aliens/extraterrestrial passing overhead because that always caused objects to move in strange ways and also it could have caused the chimp to go crazy... and then Jupe found out about it or suspected it which made him want to keep chasing down the aliens

In a way I like that interpretation better, to me it makes a clearer connection between the two events. But idk, at least for me personally I feel like I'd get more out of it if I could figure out the intention behind those scenes by the end of the movie (rather than looking it up or finding out afterwards, or just being unsure).

Get Out > Nope >>> Us

But I really liked all three (except maybe the last third of Us)

I think all of them are really good. Nope basically confirmed that he's my favorite director right now since his 3 works have been 10/10. :jonnycat:

That being said, I think Get Out was a whole masterpiece while Nope is probably my most hyped movie ever and lived up the expectations. It's hard for me to choose my favorite. Both of them have a lot of replay value. 

With Us, my only problem is that annoying scene when the family started to compare how many clones have killed. :deadbanana4: Since all of these movies are major masterpiece, I think that scene would make it my least favorite one.  

But all of Jordan films have been absolute masterpiece (the ones he has directed so far, not gonna say a thing about Candyman :coffee2:)

14 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Us was the most thrilling and the most unique concept

I’m still shook at the clones, the Hands Across America element and the overall societal commentary :jonny: One of the best films of all time 

PERIOD. 

IF YOU GET IT, YOU GET IT. IF YOU DON'T YOU DON'T. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.