Mystery illness detected in Argentina, 11 cases, 4 dead

DONTYELLATME

Health authorities are investigating an outbreak of an unidentified illness that has sickened at least nine people at a private clinic in northern Argentina, officials say. Three of those infected have died.

The health ministry in Tucumán province reported three new cases at Luz Médica on Thursday, raising the total to nine, with symptoms that include pneumonia and fever. Three of those infected, including a doctor, a nurse, and a patient, have died.

Dr. Luis Medina Ruiz, the region’s health minister, said at a briefing on Thursday that experts have so far carried out tests for more than 30 possible causes – including coronavirus, hantavirus, and multiple strains of Legionella – but all have come back negative.

The first known case is a 70-year-old woman who was admitted to Luz Médica in mid-August to undergo surgery for a gallbladder problem. She developed a lung infection on August 18, after which healthcare workers who had contact with her started falling ill.

Edited by DONTYELLATME

Yeah, one of my favorite local artists is playing where the illness is from and he’s worried :rip:

actually 3 out of the original 6 have died, 3 were just identified today. so this mortality rate so far is about 50%:rip:

Atrl GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

lets lock down like 2020 again that was fun

It will never be the same feeling

12 minutes ago, 808s said:

It will never be the same feeling

ikr like you just had to be there

JohnWayneHolland

Not a 50% death rate, she's coming to smash harder than COVID and Monkeypox put together I fear

Auq8KAw.gif

37 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

lets lock down like 2020 again that was fun

19 minutes ago, FattMatt said:

ikr like you just had to be there

Lockdown was the best time of my life.

On paper it's actually terrifying. The fact that we have no idea what this is and how come the first patient even became sick...

13 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

omg that is so close to my country :chick3:

It's literally the other side of the continent :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, Kevin Parker said:

It's literally the other side of the continent :deadbanana:

well it's closer than China that's for sure

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.