• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• SchmoodRing

ok

why is this getting bad reviews? just watched the trailer and this looks ******* GREAT. About time JLO did an action movie.

critics have always sucked, and for some reason, action movies get a bad rep

Wasn't bad (not great either) but these meatier roles are certainly a step in the right direction for Miss Affleck :clap3: 

@Bloodflowers. @Walk_Away21 @The Witch

Edited by Reverse Warholian

This was actually really good. One of her best in a while 

Anyone else notice the Grimes Miss Anthropocene songs in the soundtrack? :rip:

This was good! The scrip lacked many things and could have expanded better, but it was so good seeing her finally on the right track of movies. Action roles suit her great as well. Hopefully Marvel or DC would approach her for a film. 

I didn’t enjoy it much (script, editing, pacing issues). Jennifer and the girl that played her daughter were great in the film, but what they were given to work with was disappointing. I think it was a mistake to get Mulan’s director. Should’ve gotten someone else. Anyways the film wasn’t meant to be high brow since it’s just an action film and it definitely delivered on some good suspense and action scenes. Oh and Jennifer really does shine outside of romcoms. She should do grittier roles more often.

So much fun !!

#1 in 79 countries !

Pretty good for an action movie like this. Didn't really like the pacing in some parts. The editing and filters or what was that "border blur" was questionable.

But both Jlo and the actress of the daughter did amazing job.

Edited by TheCal

This was a fantastic film, and Jennifer gave probably my favourite performance from her since Enough.

#1 in 83 Countries! Our Mother did that :duca:

8 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

#1 in 83 Countries! Our Mother did that :duca:

:clap3:

The editing was weird sometimes it felt so blurry but I loved the movie overall good action and acting!

I hope with this movie people will see that she can excels with action movies as well.

I liked this a lot, Jlo should do more action roles  :clap3:

23 hours ago, Mokichi said:

The editing was weird sometimes it felt so blurry but I loved the movie overall good action and acting!

I hope with this movie people will see that she can excels with action movies as well.

Editing was bad indeed! Really hope that more directors will approach her for another action or superhero film soon. 

It's interesting that it's #1 in so many countries yet only #380 on the IMDB popularity charts. Maybe people are just not rating it much. Although with the 5.6 score it doesn't seem to be resonating very well with audiences. The top user reviews are all dragging the movie. And I'm just surprised by that because isn't this the one she wanted to make for years and years? You'd think the script would have been stronger.

This doesn’t tell the whole viewing story, though it does give a pretty good picture of the film’s performance in its first few days of availability. Samba TV doesn’t measure mobile, however, their sample includes a panel of 3 million terrestrial TVs, weighted to the U.S. Census. By contrast, Samba TV’s panel is nearly 100x larger than Nielsen’s household footprint of 45K homes.

20 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

And I'm just surprised by that because isn't this the one she wanted to make for years and years? You'd think the script would have been stronger.

No, that’s untitled Godmother / Griselda project. Before that, we will first get Atlas (sci-fi) on Netflix and she was supposed to film Eric’s away / Unstoppable (drama) this month for Amazon, but the writer strike seems to be affecting that films production.

10 hours ago, Hector said:

This doesn’t tell the whole viewing story, though it does give a pretty good picture of the film’s performance in its first few days of availability. Samba TV doesn’t measure mobile, however, their sample includes a panel of 3 million terrestrial TVs, weighted to the U.S. Census. By contrast, Samba TV’s panel is nearly 100x larger than Nielsen’s household footprint of 45K homes.

:clap3:Glass Onion is one of Netflix’s most successful original films, so this bodes well!

12 hours ago, Hector said:

Queen of Netflix! 

The opening numbers are quite good, I am curious to see if it holds up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.