How would you make sure you're not a one hit wonder after winning Eurovision?

tili33

Work on your image/brand 

Work on your image/brand 

most eurovision winners don't even become one hit wonders in the first place lol. while it's clearly great promotion, the format itself prevents the artists from being front and center for the most part; casual viewers tune in cause it's eurovision and tradition, not because they want to find the next big hit song.

i think the only winners who managed to capitalize on their win are abba and måneskin (and they still have to prove themselves long term, of course). celine dion didn't have her big breakthrough until several years later, so i don't count her. eurovision was pretty much irrelevant to her success. i'm not too sure about the earlier winners' careers though so i can be wrong.

basically you have the same chance of getting a hit with or without eurovision imo, so whatever they'd do to have a lasting career without it, they'd have to do with it.

go viral on TikTok like the Italians 

Not be Kalush or Rosa Linn

jRrJgLk.thumb.gif.26d90c85fbf7874be36186

2 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

go viral on TikTok like the Italians 

This.

The winners need international contracts with Sony, Universal, etc.

book an obscene amount of live performances ala gaga's infamous ikea show

music video with blasphemous visuals and choreo by parris goebel & ysabelle capitule

You don't. Nobody is interested in your original/new material after winning Eurovision. You will forever be associated with one song and one song only in the eyes of the GP. The few acts like ABBA & Céline Dion who managed to overcome this were anomalies

Idk about in your countries, but in Ukraine Eurovision usually propels singers to a bigger career, especially if they do well :skull: also established acts in Ukraine compete in the national finals too, so maybe that helps create credibility for the contest within Ukraine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.