Blackpink's "BORN PINK" surpasses 2m preorders

tigerlily13

Legends, records are made to be broken so this is exciting :jonny5:

2 hours ago, unison stan said:

oh it's gonna do 4m+ first week (3m+ pure) :jonny6:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. 4M would be entering BTS' territory and double of what they have in pre-orders now. 3M is already crazy if they can reach that. 

24 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. 4M would be entering BTS' territory and double of what they have in pre-orders now. 3M is already crazy if they can reach that. 

i meant 4M units (pure sales and streams) and they gonna do that i fear :jonnycat:

is china sales part of the 2M? or they don’t really count that?

11 hours ago, Harry said:

is china sales part of the 2M? or they don’t really count that?

Yep.

The sales that count under Chinese territory arent the same kind of sales we debate about popgirls for. These are full $50 albums that chinese fandoms bulkbuy (they call them bars, JennieBar, LisaBar, RoséBar etc.) for their faves. Not the 2 dollar digital albums western artists release there.

----

2M is on lock, still rising since the Chinese bars still arent fully maxxed out in buying and were still 3 weeks away from release, once VMAs and mini radio effect kicks in + US promo I can see them pull 200k SPS FW in the US. Thats easily a 3.5M global debut including the surge in China, Japan, SEA (especially Thailand) and other count.

If the title track actually smashes and the album performs well globally w the rumored Drake collab this might serve longevity and sell 4M SPS WW :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.