Kim Petras to release new single this month!

Lady Claire

34 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The tracklist draft Aaron posted is the closest thing we have to an "official" tracklist, despite it being made before Coconuts and the deluxe tracks. 

OP: I'm hyped for all the new Kim we're about to get. The Baby E collab this week, the Sam collab, then the solo single. Let's hope Republic is NOT expecting it to smash that way their expectations are reasonable. They need to look at it as just a promo single bc that's what builds hype and interest in an artist: a string of quality releases. It builds streams and momentum. It can't just be 1 song, let's see what it does, if it doesn't chart then let's cancel her entire album. Likeee, that's a terrible marketing and artist development strategy. 

The fact she's releasing the song right away and not performing somewhere just for it to be officially out like a month or two later is already a win for us tbh :rip:

I want to be optimistic but I'll believe it when I hear it...

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

The fact she's releasing the song right away and not performing somewhere just for it to be officially out like a month or two later is already a win for us tbh :rip:

Honestly this!! It seems like they've maybe (hopefully) learned from their f*ck ups in the past year with mismanagement. It feels more organized this time around with her filming the Sam video ahead of time. Also that pre-save link showing up on her site a few weeks ago was sneaky lol. I wonder if it's already hit a good amount of pre-saves which is why they're letting her release in September. :chick2:

15 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

Nope. Everything from Problématique was scrapped entirely

Ouch! Then I'm thankful that it l-word so that I can enjoy it hq

do not delay the releases, please let her having promo time back on active again even with no playlisting.

Haven’t listen to the Sam Smith teasers so i’m excited what is coming. I thought problematique was cute and had some good bangers on it so I look forward seeing what she is serving next.

that being said if she is really working with Max Martin maybe he could give her something he worked on late 90's early 00's and she could work on that I really want her pop sound back with harmonies and adlips in the final chorus etc.

i really f*cking hope that it’s not titled “jesus is a rockstar” bc i just can’t see how that’s going to bop or connect with any kind of audience, considering her core base is about as far removed from christianity as they come. but hey, if she can get the conservatives mad then it’s free promo

i wouldn’t mind a dark sounding banger since problematique was quite light in sound, maybe something similar to love me land or icy

I like the title Jesus Was a Rockstar, it’s edgy. Republic needs to accept she’s a niche artist and let her do her things

During her latest interview she said she was heavily inspired by German techno and The Prodigy (electronic British band) for the new album. This band’s songs and videos have a dark, grunge vibe so I can totally imagine where she’s coming from, based on that song title alone. Might be something very different and interesting for her

Jesus Was a Rockstar could be hot tbh. The title gives me Revelations vibes. I love when she does more campy/theatrical pop. Freddy Mercury vibes. She def needs to stick with that and lean into being a niche artist. Stick with what she does well without the unreasonable expectations. 

I hate that i love this :rip: so good. Chill bop

Kim's part is so short though. She should've been on the 2nd verse and have a chorus... she only has the bridge

3 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Kim's part is so short though. She should've been on the 2nd verse and have a chorus... she only has the bridge

Bless your soul for not threading this song bc Kim don't need any more bad press from her association with Baby E lbr :michael: But yea this "collab" coulda been left on the cutting room floor. Her one verse is good but overall Luke def gave bare minimum on the production 

30 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Bless your soul for not threading this song bc Kim don't need any more bad press from her association with Baby E lbr :michael: But yea this "collab" coulda been left on the cutting room floor. Her one verse is good but overall Luke def gave bare minimum on the production 

I thought about doing one but yeah, really not needed :rip:

I actually find the production soo smooth. I love this vibe… too much of Trashy E though 

Someone uploaded 3 zip files with all of her unreleased content so far, also with snippets, live performances etc. Over 100 files :jonny:

I already had a lot of these but some I didn’t had yet! And it’s so good to have everything grouped together and organized. Bless the amazing soul who did this

So. it's september :giraffe:

Unholy is coming and the new single in a few weeks!

On 8/28/2022 at 8:51 AM, Lady Claire said:

its actually my fave type of music atm! i heard it just then and it was an instant LOVE 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.