Billboard and Bundles. Set me straight.

Blue G

The company “has decided to eliminate the practice of counting albums bundled with merchandise and concert tickets on its album and song charts altogether,” according to yesterday’s report. Under these new rules, “all albums bundled with either merchandise or concert tickets must be promoted as an add-on to those purchases in order to be counted on the charts.” Albums that are “baked in[to]” the cost of a ticket or merchandise bundle with an undisclosed standalone price will no longer count. 

Additionally, Billboard will no longer allow physical albums or singles bundled with digital downloads to be reported as digital sales. The physical album or single must be shipped before it can be counted toward the charts. 

Essentially, because the album had already shipped, it was eligible to be counted. You can no longer sell an album part of a bundle and the album ship 6 months later after its first week or the tour being delayed/cancelled because of "delays" or other "unforeseen circumstances". 

Edited by LustSpell

12 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

read the article? it answers your "question"

:rip:

1 minute ago, Jude said:

:rip:

I did. It just reads like it's the same thing only dressed up differently. 

Like the "baked in price" part. The package could still cost $20, but now you have to specify that the thong is $10 and the CD is $10 and puff it counts. 

16 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

read the article? it answers your "question"

Just now, Blue G said:

I did. It just reads like it's the same thing only dressed up differently. 

Like the "baked in price" part. The package could still cost $20, but now you have to specify that the thong is $10 and the CD is $10 and puff it counts. 

17 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

Essentially, because the album had already shipped, it was eligible to be counted. You can no longer sell an album part of a bundle and the album ship 6 months later after its first week or the tour being delayed/cancelled because of "delays" or other "unforeseen circumstances". 

So I can bundle the album but it will just count later? So essentially one can use it to beef their first week sales or give longevity to their chart run by shipping the physical album steadily at later points. 

1) the bundles with physical cds count, Adele uses a lot of that despite the narrative that atrl wanted to set. The digital bundles are what don’t count anymore.

2) physical cds and bundles count only when they are shipped, before that they counted with the purchase if they include a digital copy 

8 minutes ago, Blue G said:

So I can bundle the album but it will just count later? So essentially one can use it to beef their first week sales or give longevity to their chart run by shipping the physical album steadily at later points. 

Yes it could be like that, but most people don't buy physicals outside of hype for that first week unless it's vinyl for their collections. Recent examples of that being Evermore, SOUR, and Planet Her. Albums that were big, but got a vinyl release months later that propelled them back to #1/#2.

1 minute ago, LustSpell said:

Yes it could be like that, but most people don't buy physicals outside of hype for that first week unless it's vinyl for their collections. Recent examples of that being Evermore, SOUR, and Planet Her. Albums that were big, but got a vinyl release months later that propelled them back to #1/#2.

No I mean if I bundled my album first week. And say I managed to sell 50k physical through the bundle. I can decide to ship 5k each week after my first week. The 50k won't count first week. But for the next 10 weeks im guaranteed at least 5k pure sales. There by giving my album longevity in the charts. U can hold off and wait to ship on the week I fall out the top 10 and guarantee myself a longer stay...

1 minute ago, Blue G said:

No I mean if I bundled my album first week. And say I managed to sell 50k physical through the bundle. I can decide to ship 5k each week after my first week. The 50k won't count first week. But for the next 10 weeks im guaranteed at least 5k pure sales. There by giving my album longevity in the charts. U can hold off and wait to ship on the week I fall out the top 10 and guarantee myself a longer stay...

Yes, but the fans are consumers, in the web you have to indicate the shipping date, if you say one week you can delay maybe one or two weeks if there is any problem, but if you sell a bundle the first week with out indicating that the shipping date is going to be in two months the cliente may get mad 

So 200k of her first week sales were bundles? Interesting double standard on this site :coffee2:

Loose bundles of merchandise + physical albums don't count but box sets still count. the box set must have its own UPC, contains physical album, must be submitted to Billboard and Luminate Data weeks in advance for approval and items but must be packaged in one complete boxed package.

8 hours ago, JorgeM said:

Yes, but the fans are consumers, in the web you have to indicate the shipping date, if you say one week you can delay maybe one or two weeks if there is any problem, but if you sell a bundle the first week with out indicating that the shipping date is going to be in two months the cliente may get mad 

But you are talking fans here. They will literally eat **** if their idol told them it's ****

3 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Loose bundles of merchandise + physical albums don't count but box sets still count. the box set must have its own UPC, contains physical album, must be submitted to Billboard and Luminate Data weeks in advance for approval and items but must be packaged in one complete boxed package.

So a bundle.

7 hours ago, luckythisway said:

So 200k of her first week sales were bundles? Interesting double standard on this site :coffee2:

No. I think they just meant her physical sales which includes the box sets was 190k. 

These premium boxes have been around for years, as stated in the article. Didn’t BTS have one for like $125? If you cant tell the difference between them and the chromatica bundles per example, then you have bigger fish to fry :rip:

8 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Yes lol but they are playing the “it was a extra $10 because the physical cd was included with the shirts” but yet the standalone cd costs more than $10 :gaycat2:

8 hours ago, luckythisway said:

yes and people were willing to pay $40 bucks for that rather than $15 jockstraps with no cd and a free digital album

9D0E098E-9D70-498F-92C7-1711CD8B1748.thu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.