Warner Bros Discovery Shelves New Batman Animated Series

Horizon Flame

Between this and Netflix cutting its animation department, things really aren’t looking good for the animation industry. 

8 minutes ago, Broken said:

Not even DC's golden boy is safe :deadbanana:.

That Penguin show looks like a goner and even The Batman sequel is up in the air. 

I literally watched two animated Batman movies this weekend. I can't believe they're doing this to me.

… this sucks. The animated DC series/movies are the best thing they’ve done in years and it seems like they’re all being cancelled right and left. This merger with Discovery is ruining some of the best things I enjoyed from both DC and HBOmax

Them completely gutting their animation department is going to bite them so hard in the ass. 

Animators need to go on strike at this point. Hollywood does not give a **** about their hard work.

Nah, f**k this wtf. I was actually looking forward to some of DCs new projects for once. :biblio:

I’m worried about Harley Quinn not getting a season 4 now. :biblio:

Edited by Rachel Berry

12 minutes ago, Rachel Berry said:

I’m worried about Harley Quinn not getting a season 4 now. :biblio:

I think that’s a given. 

Need these people at WB ousted expeditiously. It's heartbreaking see so many IPs I love being stepped on by incompetent hacks.

If Batman gets axed the upcoming Superman animated series is most certainly dead as well.

On that note, I wonder what is happening with the Velma series. With them scrapping the Scoob movie entirely even though it was ready to go as well as the exclusion of the Scooby Doo franchise from that "global powerhouse" nonesense I would say it’s done for but I feel like we would’ve heard something by now if it’s indeed canned idk.

**** Discovery and their shitty murican reality shows

Basically HBO is going to home to shows like “Sister Wives”. :rip: 

I really don’t understand what the **** they’re doing or why they thought this merge/rebrand would be beneficial to them at all :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.