The Ultimate Madonna Singles Showdown | WINNER!

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator

JSmqke0.png

Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations over the past two days! I got more than 120 ballots, which is an incredible response that I simply could not have anticipated. I am so excited for this tournament now.

The overall top entry is, as many of you predicted, 1989's chart-topping classic "Like a Prayer." It received 61 votes, appearing on half of all ballots, an impressive early showing. Can anything stop its march to victory? Perhaps. "Frozen," "Hung Up" and "Vogue" followed closely behind in support, earning #1 seeds in the remaining regions, which are named for Madonna's children.

With 80 different songs earning mentions (sorry, "Bye Bye Baby" and "Revolver"!), not everything you all love could make the draw. It took at least four votes to qualify. But it's a fairly diverse field, with all of Madonna's studio albums represented (just barely, in the case of Madame X) and nearly all of her major projects here, too (poor Evita). At the top of the list are Ray of LightMadonnaLike a Virgin and True Blue, which qualified all five of their respective singles, including Madonna's first ever, "Everybody." Erotica managed to get five of its six releases into the tournament, while Bedtime StoriesConfessions on a Dance Floor and American Life are fully represented with their four singles. Like a Prayer's four major hits are here, but "Dear Jessie" and "Keep It Together" received just three votes between them.

You may notice something unusual: a bonus 65th track. Due a tie for the final slot, we'll follow old NCAA March Madness tradition and have an extra play-in match between "Celebration" and "Medellín" for the right to face "Like a Prayer" in the first round. The tournament will officially begin this evening.

In the meantime, enjoy a look at the field competing to be named the Queen of Pop's greatest single:

gyZJumY.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Chris

• dabunique

• besaid

• ATRL Moderator

TIEBREAKER

Vote for one song to advance to the first round

vs. 

Let me vote for Medellín, such an underrated single

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Let me vote for Medellin, but it's not like any of them has a chance against LAP :cm: 

The names of the divisions :'( 

Celebration

Most of her Music / HC singles should not be here over Keep It Together or Rescue Me. :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Most of her Music / HC singles should not be here over Keep It Together or Rescue Me. :biblio:

"Rescue Me" made it! #13 seed in the Rocco Division.

But yes, justice for "Keep It Together."

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, Legend E said:

The names of the divisions :'( 

Poor Estere and Stella

My vote goes to Celebration!

I LOVE Medellin, I think it’s so underrated and, despite the Maluma feature and it being released when Latin-Pop was taking off, it’s so weird and the furthest thing from basic. It had the strange eccentric production that I wanted it to have from earlier Madge-Mirwais songs like Music and Impressive Instant. It truly feels like taking a pill and having a dream.

But Celebration…. It’s classic ‘80s Madonna with the 2010s electropop twist. Should have been a huge hit, considering she was still capable of getting them at the time. One of her best singles in my opinion. 

Medellín

not me being the only one voting for One More Chance :chick3:

Edited by Mariya Takeuchi

I'll vote for Celebration, but you might as well just give a first-round bye to Like a Prayer :dies: 

Anyway, poor this 2000s classique :'( 

Aaaahh all my favs are going against each other in the Mercy Division :toofunny2: dang it

___

Celebration, easily. :gaycat1:

21 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Poor Estere and Stella

They young. They’ll get over it. 

Wonderful job as always 

Celebration but I love Medellin too

when u have so many singles we lose good ones. 

Aw, I wish I'd thrown a vote to Keep It Together

Celebration for the tie breaker!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.