Taylor Swift wanted to be cast in Twilight NM. She was denied.

Genius1111

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

She became more known WW thanks to the VMA Kanye drama. Before that she was more niche. But that was headline entertainment news around the world. Even she agrees, she approved that part of the "Famous" verse.

Girl I was literally there when taylor came up. She became known for elder millennials with the VMA stuff because they were still into the early-2000s icons, but the very young millennials and zilennials that disney was courting were already hooked on Fearless. She was second only to Miley musically. Def bigger than Selena and Demi back then. Speak Now slowed things down for her and she picked it up around Red. And im in Latin America, so its not a local anglo thing 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocol

• liquiddiamonds

• Headlock

• LosingHimWasBlue

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Girl I was literally there when taylor came up. She became known for elder millennials with the VMA stuff because they were still into the early-2000s icons, but the very young millennials and zilennials that disney was courting were already hooked on Fearless. She was second only to Miley musically. Def bigger than Selena and Demi back then. Speak Now slowed things down for her and she picked it up around Red. And im in Latin America, so its not a local anglo thing 

I was there too, living in Latin America. I was a teenager, her exact target audience. No one knew her name that much before the VMA drama. Then after that everyone was talking about her.

7 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I was there too, living in Latin America. I was a teenager, her exact target audience. No one knew her name that much before the VMA drama. Then after that everyone was talking about her.

Counterpoint in my experience: No one watched the VMAs like that because very few of us had cable television or were hooked on mtv, it was already on its way out. All i know is that You Belong With Me was a radio staple along with Hot n Cold and everything early Gaga. Taylor lacked the Disney Channel brand, but she reached that audience. I had friends crying over White Horse for stupid dudes and that wasnt cause of Kanye

but edit to add that our continent is huge, so both realities are probably true lol

Edited by liquiddiamonds

3 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Counterpoint in my experience: No one watched the VMAs like that because very few of us had cable television or were hooked on mtv, it was already on its way out. All i know is that You Belong With Me was a radio staple along with Hot n Cold and everything early Gaga. Taylor lacked the Disney Channel brand, but she reached that audience. I had friends crying over White Horse for stupid dudes and that wasnt cause of Kanye

I went to a fancy private school so everyone had cable and MTV and it was pretty widely watched, mostly the girls and (closeted at the time) gays. I was only there because my mom was a teacher and I got a discount on tuition nnnn

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

I went to a fancy private school so everyone had cable and MTV and it was pretty widely watched, mostly the girls and (closeted at the time) gays. I was only there because my mom was a teacher and I got a discount on tuition nnnn

A gossip latina girl experience :heart:

19 hours ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

Thanks God, She dodged a bullet from one of worst movie ever. 

You tried it. 

Twilight remains great and and iconic

Never cared about the movie so good for her.

Two Legendary brands!

Now we have her, Rob and Miss Bella still smashing in their respective fields :clap3:

i still can't watch her on valentine's days :deadbanana:

Hasn't stopped her from trying. Including joining that child molestor David O Rusell's movie

SBswcWq.thumb.png.4bebe1e07946c4cdca6e29

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.