The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, S2 coming in 2025

Hephaestus

DEADLINE: HBO Drama Chief Francesca Orsi On ‘Succession’ Finale & WGA Strike; ‘The Last Of Us’, ‘House Of The Dragon’, ‘White Lotus’, ‘Euphoria’ Updates & More  

Like with the new season of White Lotus, work on The Last Of Us‘ upcoming installment is being delayed by the writers strike. But the producers already have teased more, bigger and more elaborate zombies next season. 

Additionally, “there will be a couple of new pieces of casting, which I can’t get into. And of course, there isn’t much that we can go into on The Last of Us, given that Craig can’t really initiate in any meaningful way from a writing or casting standpoint. But he and Neil have a good sense of what it is that he’s going to be taking on. We’ll be moving the show from Calgary to Vancouver,” Orsi said. “All I can say is he’s taking a big swing from both an entertainment standpoint, related to the clickers, but also just the more nuanced, complex character dynamic between our characters, Joel, Ellie and beyond.”

Given the series’ mythology and heavily serialized nature, was The Last Of Us pitched with a plan for number of seasons?“I think Craig and Neil are still figuring out where they’re going to come to an end,” Orsi said. “We have loosely heard that there will be a Season 3 idea for the series, but at this point, we’re taking it one season at a time. There’s no guarantee at this point that we’ll have a Season 3 but I know that they both have a vision for Season 3. Whether that lends itself to doing more [seasons], I don’t know yet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

2024 is really going to be quick writing and 1 weeks of shoots isn’t it? 

38 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

i hate you fat hollywood i really hate you girl how hard is it to pay people their fair share... by 2026 we'll be DEAD ma

This.

Smh.

this show will end up like Heroes

This is annoying but tbh the older Bella looks for s2 the better, so dramatically it'll end up okay...and the WGA strike is far more important than getting a show getting delayed for a bit so :bird:

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

:deadbanana4:

47 minutes ago, mystery said:

I wasn't saying anything against the show jesus, I am a fan. Just saying that the thread is tagged as tv show when there already is one.

Considering "news" wasn't available, I didn't know if TV show or discussion were appropriate. So sorry for choosing the wrong tag.

14 minutes ago, AdamL44 said:

This is annoying but tbh the older Bella looks for s2 the better, so dramatically it'll end up okay...and the WGA strike is far more important than getting a show getting delayed for a bit so :bird:

She's 19. She won't be looking much different

There is a time gap between the first and second game so it makes sense, dramaturgically.

• Like 1

I think It's fine, the characters needed to age anyway. :celestial5:

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

Do you purposely come on here to type the most outlandish and brain dread things? 

This show is based on a video game that’s already out. Heroes was not. Why would it end up like Heroes, when it’s working from a very specific source material? :gaycat6:

It sucks but yeah, everything is being delayed due to this strike.

5 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Do you purposely come on here to type the most outlandish and brain dread things? 

This show is based on a video game that’s already out. Heroes was not. Why would it end up like Heroes, when it’s working from a very specific source material? :gaycat6:

Heroes ended up being cancelled thanks to the last writer's strike. 

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Heroes ended up being cancelled thanks to the last writer's strike. 

Heroes S2 was cut short due to the writers strike but then it had a 25 episode S3 and an 18 episode S4. It was cancelled due to low ratings which aren’t shocking considering how bad the show became after S1. There is no correlation between TLOU and Heroes. 

Supernatural went on to have 12 more seasons after the last writers strike because its writing stayed strong throughout its run. Heroes can’t relate! 

Edited by Wrecked

K-drama watchers won. Hollywood is f*cking over! 

2 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Heroes S2 was cut short due to the writers strike but then it had a 25 episode S3 and an 18 episode S4. It was cancelled due to low ratings which aren’t shocking considering how bad the show became after S1. There is no correlation between TLOU and Heroes. 

Supernatural went on to have 12 more seasons after the last writers strike because its writing stayed strong throughout its run. Heroes can’t relate! 

the show became bad because of the writer's strike.

Just now, Josh said:

the show became bad because of the writer's strike.

How exactly did the show become bad because of the writers strike? They carried storylines they couldn’t do in S2 over to S3 so it’s not like they had to drastically change anything. Supernatural was supposed to have a 22 episode third season but they got cut to 16 and that didn’t struggle? You can’t blame the writers strike for Heroes going to **** after S1. 

If that was the case, why wasn’t S3 a fantastic season? Because they were given 25 episodes, which is more than enough to tell something great. The main problem with Heroes is that it never felt like they knew what to do after S1. It should have been a limited series as the S1 finale was great. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished the first 3 episodes and everything's great so far.

Murray Bartlett (Frank) was so hot when he was shirtless and offering to top Bill. :gaycat4:

Pedro Pascal and Murray Bartlett would have been a hot couple. Maybe they should have tweaked the script to have Pedro and Murray as the lead males.

I've only played a little bit of TLOU game, but was Ellie a brat who cussed a lot? I really did not remember that. Bella Ramsey did a terrific job playing her role.

The "Clicker" zombie looked terrifying AF. They should win a few awards for this.

3 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

I've finished the first 3 episodes and everything's great so far.

Murray Bartlett (Frank) was so hot when he was shirtless and offering to top Bill. :gaycat4:

Pedro Pascal and Murray Bartlett would have been a hot couple. Maybe they should have tweaked the script to have Pedro and Murray as the lead males.

I've only played a little bit of TLOU game, but was Ellie a brat who cussed a lot? I really did not remember that. Bella Ramsey did a terrific job playing her role.

The "Clicker" zombie looked terrifying AF. They should win a few awards for this.

Ellie’s not really a brat in the game, but she cusses like a sailor. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
The Man Who

The Last Of Us Emmy nominations

Outstanding Drama Series
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Pedro Pascal
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, Bella Ramsey
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series, Murray Bartlett
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series, Lamar Johnson
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series, Nick Offerman
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series, Keivonn Montreal Woodard
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series, Melanie Lynskey
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series, Anna Torv
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series, Storm Reid
Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary Program
Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series
Outstanding Contemporary Costumes for a Series
Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
Outstanding Picture Editing for a Drama Series
Outstanding Contemporary Hairstyling
Outstanding Main Title Design
Outstanding Contemporary Makeup (Non-Prosthetic)
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series
Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Season or a Movie

• Like 1

look at those noms!! one of the best shows of the year :clap3:

the guest categories :dies:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally watching it and it was an amazing premier. Of course I cried all over again.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.