• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

3 hours ago, znake said:

Fingers crossed , we need Part III in  summer 2025 and Part IV in holidays 2028 

There’s no way part 3 is released in 2 years. The game isn’t even in full production 

3 hours ago, znake said:

I’m sure they will announce Part III game on S1 finale , and they will release it in summer 2025

the multiplayer game should be released later this year!!

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

I just assumed it's 7 years after Part II because they usually release the game near the end of the console life. 2025 would be a pleasant surprise though. Part III is going to be the game of the generation. :jonny5:

A reliable Twitter user has revealed last December that Part 3 is in production and earlier last year news were that the studio had a rough draft of the story, so I don't expect it to release before 2026 at earliest, especially with all the focus being on the multiplayer standalone game (Factions 2) expected for this year.

Also, I really wouldn't expect S2 of this show for next year. If House of the Dragon is of any indication, they'll probably release a new season every 2 years, making the schedule something like: 2022 HotD, 2023 TLoU, 2024 HotD, 2025 TLoU and so on.

The first 30 minutes were good but then it dipped and then picked up again at the end so will keep watching this season….

also can someone point me out how this is different from the walking dead? Usually the zombie genre bored me lol and the walking dead overstayed it’s welcome 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

26 minutes ago, DONTYELLATME said:

The first 30 minutes were good but then it dipped and then picked up again at the end so will keep watching this season….

also can someone point me out how this is different from the walking dead? Usually the zombie genre bored me lol and the walking dead overstayed it’s welcome 

Well for one, it is following the confined story of the games so I doubt there will be room to be bored when there isn’t much source material to pad out 10 seasons. TLOU is more of a point A to point B type adventure story while the walking dead is repetitive story beats of “find somewhere safe” “stay there until it isn’t safe” repeat. 

also it is a little more science fiction than typical zombies like TWD, you can see as much in the trailer. 

10 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

also dying to know the overall pacing, are we getting the entire first game in the first season? multiple seasons? certainly we'll know in a few eps just by how it's being paced. I think two seasons would be the sweet spot. Any more would be overextending and any shorter wouldn't give it enough time.

Season one is going to cover the events of the first game and the Left Behind DLC. I initially didn’t think this would be enough, but when you look at videos online that compile all of the cutscenes, Part I is only 5 hours long and Left Behind is 1 hour, so I think one season should be enough to cover the story. The game just feels longer when you’re playing it because of all of the gameplay that takes place in between, but obviously that stuff doesn’t need to be in the show. Take the stuff with Ellie and Robert for example, they completely fast tracked to those scenes in the show and it didn’t feel rushed at all. 

Season two however, has been confirmed to be multiple seasons if they get greenlit, but that’s understandable as that game is huge. 

43 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Well for one, it is following the confined story of the games so I doubt there will be room to be bored when there isn’t much source material to pad out 10 seasons. TLOU is more of a point A to point B type adventure story while the walking dead is repetitive story beats of “find somewhere safe” “stay there until it isn’t safe” repeat. 

also it is a little more science fiction than typical zombies like TWD, you can see as much in the trailer. 

Also, this isn’t a zombie story to begin with. There are no zombies in The Last of Us. They’re infected by Cordyceps, they’re not the walking dead. 

If Part III does ever come, it will not be any time soon. To the people thinking it could come as soon as 2024…

12 hours ago, The Last of Us said:
  Hide contents

We’re so alike. I feel the exact same way, even right down to being tired of having this discussion. We loved and cared for Joel because we got to experience his story, but he did a lot of shitty things and he even admitted to it. He straight up told Ellie he used to be part of the Hunters who would kill people and steal their belongings. The apocalyptic world isn’t black and white. There’s a lot of grey. The line between good and bad is extremely blurred. Abby got revenge on the man who murdered her father in cold blood. We only ‘hated’ her for that because we loved Joel as a character. But wouldn’t we want to do the same thing if we were in her shoes? Ellie and Abby were both victims and neither of them deserved to die. I’m glad they were able to end their cycle of violence as far too many people died on both sides. 

Couldn't have said it any better. :clap3:

Kinda crazy how similar we are. :dies:

1 hour ago, DONTYELLATME said:

It's kinda hard to say without giving away too much, but you have to stick with it trust me. This is coming from someone who gave up on The Walking Dead.

When does HBO / HBO Max normally release viewership? I know they take into account people who watched on streaming after the initial air date, so hopefully TLOU had good numbers. I’m seeing a lot of positive reaction to the first episode, so hopefully the audience is there as I’d love for this to get multiple seasons. 

2 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

Well, there's no doubt that TLOU is a product of the zombie craze of the 2010s. The thing that makes it shine is the original story was so well-written that it's become one of the most beloved video games of the last decades. And the show is staying very faithful to that. The Walking Dead keeps dragging on, while this story already has a conclusion(-ish).

This went viral everywhere, ugh I might rewatch ep 1.

13 hours ago, The Last of Us said:

I’m still not over this scene. I actually audibly laughed! 

“Marlene, in the challenge you…bled. But on the main stage, your comedic chops kept us fed.”

spacer.png

yeah this left me gagged :bibliahh:

merle is such a good actress, i stan her since that church drama series "greenleaf" :clownny:

I want to play the game again now :chick1:

23 hours ago, Hephaestus said:
  • I really don't like that they've replaced spores with tendrils in order for the infection to spread. It makes absolutely no sense since it's common knowledge that (some) fungi reproduce via spores. Maybe it's because I've played the games, but it was jarring to see characters getting so close to infected individuals and/or fungi without masks and protective equipment. It cheapens the whole thing, especially considering the uniqueness of this story is how realistic it is compared to the average zombie virus ones we've seen for years. Like, how it even managed to spread so fast around the globe when infected individuals are so easily identifiable?

I think they tried to not having actors wearing a big ass mask too many times. Not to mention the CGIs they have to add post-production to make spores floating in the air to look good.
I also think they can easily fix it next season by saying "they mutate into spores now" or something.

Part III is definitely in development and they have the part II setting to work with so less time to produce.

5 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

Part III is definitely in development and they have the part II setting to work with so less time to produce.

Naughty Dog helped development on Uncharted Legacy Collection for PS5. They also developed TLOU Remake that was released last year...all that while developing TLOU Online (Factions) that may not even release this year. That's where the team is focusing on right now. TLOU3 isn't releasing before 2026. It'll be one of the last PS5 games just like TLOU was one of PS3's last and TLOU2 PS4's last. 

Videogame development is really slow nowadays. 

The Last of Us is a tricky one to predict because with how big Part II is they could easily get about 3-5 seasons out of it without it feeling strung out. I obviously won’t spoil things for those who haven’t played, but those who have know just how much material there is to work with / expand on.

The creators have said they won’t be going past the games and that the games ending will be the shows ending, but that confuses things if a Part III does come out. Would that mean the show and game would have different endings, or would they then adapt Part III into also being a series?

I suppose depending how long this show is on air for, the game could actually be out whilst the events of Part II are still airing. 

I’m torn about Part III because I get why they would release it towards the end of a generations life cycle, so they can really nail and master it due to it no longer being new technology that they’re working with. At the same time though, I think Part III would be a fantastic launch title for the PS6. IMAGINE! 

Edited by P!nk

3 minutes ago, P!nk said:

I’m torn about Part III because I get why they would release it towards the end of a generations life cycle, so they can really nail and master it due to it no longer being new technology that they’re working with. At the same time though, I think Part III would be a fantastic launch title for the PS6. IMAGINE! 

I’m still shocked we haven’t received a PS5 upgrade for Part II yet unless it’s coming with the multiplayer. There were also rumours of a Part II director’s cut coming out for PS5, but I’m not sure how reliable those leaks were. 

3 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

I’m still shocked we haven’t received a PS5 upgrade for Part II yet unless it’s coming with the multiplayer. There were also rumours of a Part II director’s cut coming out for PS5, but I’m not sure how reliable those leaks were. 

I'm pretty sure Part II director's cut is still happening, the sources who leaked it were definitely reliable. I can totally see them releasing it together with Factions.

13 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

I'm pretty sure Part II director's cut is still happening, the sources who leaked it were definitely reliable. I can totally see them releasing it together with Factions.

It was the same people who leaked that a ground up remake was happening, wasn’t it? I’m just surprised we haven’t heard anything since. But it is plausible to think it’ll come out with the multiplayer.

I still can’t believe we have the multiplayer to look forward to. Factions is still one of the best online games around and I just know this upcoming one is going to be phenomenal. 

2 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

It was the same people who leaked that a ground up remake was happening, wasn’t it? I’m just surprised we haven’t heard anything since. But it is plausible to think it’ll come out with the multiplayer.

I still can’t believe we have the multiplayer to look forward to. Factions is still one of the best online games around and I just know this upcoming one is going to be phenomenal. 

Yeah pretty sure it was the same people.

Factions was incredible, I was completely addicted to it lol. I must've played it for 500+ hours.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.