Singapore decriminalizes gay sex

Revolution

They did not allow thay b4? Wth. I thought Singapore is decently progressive.

We need to free South East Asia from the shackles of Colonial Islam. They’re too spiritual for this abrahamic BS, leave it to the soulless peoples of the Caucasus and the whites

Edited by taipei

****, does iT mean I broke few laws back in 2018, oh dear :gaycat4:

Edited by LadyDiana

I just remember that once I was in Singapore for my graduation celebration I did match with a guy on an app. He even came to my hotel room but he turned me off because he didnt look like the pic so I just told him to go :rip: maybe some instinct told me not to break the law :skull:

3 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

****, does iT mean I broke few laws back in 2028, oh dear :gaycat4:

Time traveller :clap3:

1 minute ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Time traveller :clap3:

I meant 2018 :rip:

19 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

They did not allow thay b4? Wth. I thought Singapore is decently progressive.

It was the same colonial law that the British introduced in their Asian colonies. India struck it down in 2018 and Singapore now. The law is actually against any non vaginal sex so even the straights were breaking the law

decriminalized.. which means you can still get fined for having sex?

Can't believe Singapure had no gay sex all this time

18 minutes ago, Wolf Alice said:

It was the same colonial law that the British introduced in their Asian colonies. India struck it down in 2018 and Singapore now. The law is actually against any non vaginal sex so even the straights were breaking the law

Law was prolly just on paper right? I dont think people actually got arrested from blow jobs :rip:

12 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Law was prolly just on paper right? I dont think people actually got arrested from blow jobs :rip:

Yes it’s not been enforced in years, Singapore has had gay pride since 2005 too. This is great though and is first step towards more equality for LGBT people :clap3: 

2 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

Period

@Revolution Change the thread title to “Gaga decriminalizes Gay Sex in Singapore” for that hit thread :jonnycat:

Edited by Archetype

I broke this law 6 years ago when I was there. :skull: The gays have been ignoring it for years & they haven't arrested anyone for it in a long time.

Good at least that the reality on the ground is now also reflected on the books :clap3:

6 hours ago, taipei said:

We need to free South East Asia from the shackles of Colonial Islam. They’re too spiritual for this abrahamic BS, leave it to the soulless peoples of the Caucasus and the whites

Nice try. It was British colonial-era law.

4 minutes ago, Contessa said:

Nice try. It was British colonial-era law.

Oop…did not know that. Always thought they were colonised like Indonesia was, well it’s still abrahamic BS like I said

Good

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.