Streaming viewership officially overtakes cable television in U.S. for first time

Espresso

hmm.

i'm surprised 56% is still linear tv.

not sure what 'other' is

From the article: Important to note this Nielsen data does NOT include mobile or desktop viewing which would likely boost streaming further :coffee2: 

17 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

So... still more people watch TV than streaming ? wow....:eek:

thats not surprising

ppl k still watch sports, cable news, pbs, etc  :nicole2: 

Cable is very expensive and such a waste oа money but they still milking older generation of ppl that not familiar with streaming :gaycat2:

It will continue to rise as new generations continue to stream

Honestly thought cable stopped kicking years ago.

I mean, yeah, you can easily get live television with Philo, YouTube TV or even Fubo and you can cancel at any time. The older generations won't adapt to streaming so it is what it is, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Good. Cable is too damn high anyway 

Honestly, with all of these streaming services out, the prices combined are becoming worse or at least equal to what cable used to be, which is the whole reason people ditched it in the first place, but are now paying nearly as much as they were when they had cable :eli:

3 hours ago, est. in 90s said:

Honestly, with all of these streaming services out, the prices combined are becoming worse or at least equal to what cable used to be, which is the whole reason people ditched it in the first place, but are now paying nearly as much as they were when they had cable :eli:

Netflix is ridiculously high glad I get rid of them 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.