A retrospective of Cardi B's gang affiliation

FOCK

Why is Cardi's gang affiliation ignored?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think Cardi's gang affiliation is ignored?

• Double standards.
    • The truth negates my ability to drag another artist.
    • I had no idea! Shocked and appaled
    • I don't really care if the music bops.

Disclaimer: This thread contains only factual, relevantly sourced and cited information. 

Cardi has made no secret of being a lifetime member of and repping the notorious street gang, the Bloods. 

Some of the crimes they commit include, but are not limited to:

“Drugs, thefts, guns, violent assaults, and murders are all crimes the Bloods commit every day to protect their turfs, increase their territory, control and recruit members, and intimidate rival gangs,” said U.S. Attorney Murray.  “And all of it happens right here, in our neighborhoods, where honest, hard-working people are simply trying to raise their children without the fear of harm.  We cannot overlook or underestimate the long-term impact of gangs on the well-being and prosperity of communities where gang activity is present. Source: The United States Department of Justice

The Bloods have a particularly violent "initiation" process all aspiring members must ungergo, including but not limited to:

• Cutting and slashing innocent victims
  • Theft & robbery
  • Being "jumped" or beaten
  • Gang r*pe
  • Sexual initiation by other gang members

Source: Listverse

In 2018 GQ interview, Cardi reiterated her affiliation with the Blood Gang stating: 

I rep it, because I been repping it for such a long time. People always be like, 'Oh, Cardi never used to rep it when she wasn't making music.' Yeah, because I already got signed. I can do that now. I'm smarter than what people think. There's so many things that I limited myself because I wanted a million-dollar contract. When I do interviews, I don't talk about it, because I will lose my endorsements. Source: GQ

In 2020, Cardi B's long time & heavily pregnant best friend, Star Brim, was charged in an NYC Bloods Gang Roundup. Brim is the head of a particularly violent subset of the Blood Gang, called 5-9 Brims. She is charged with slashing a person and participating in a racketeering conspiracy. Prosecutors say Brim is the highest-ranking female member of the 5-9 Brims, also known as "Godmother." Female members of the gang who do not report to other gang officials are required to report to her.

In addition to those charges, she was also charged in an indictment by the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn. Star Brim ordered gang members bash two strip club bartenders who "disrespected" a fellow Blood, but she didn't think it was vicious enough. Two weeks later, it is alleged Cardi B herself went back and assaulted the women, one of whom she thought had sex with her husband.

Source: NBCNewYork

Below: Cardi shows her love and support for fellow violent gang member, Brim. 

arbMw09.png

Below: Cardi B defends her fellow violent gang member, Brim after her arrest. 

6XgKon7.png

During rapper 6ix9ine's trial, reports referenced that he had named Cardi B as being affiliated with the Trey Bloods Gang, which she corrected, stating it was actually "Brim", not 9 Trey: 

6unf2uc.png

However, this was a misreporting of what 6ix9ine actually said. In his testimony given in Manhattan federal court, 6ix9ine was asked by defence attorney Alex Huot if he “knew” Cardi B was a member of the Bloods. Complex reports the rapper replied: “Correct.”

The relevant passage of his testimony saw him asked if he had joined the Bloods “specifically to advance [his] music career”, to which he agreed with. Cardi was then referred to as a Blood and someone who had featured other members of the gang in her music videos. Source: NME

Aside from Cardi B's past homophobia, transphobia & racism, how do you think Cardi has been able to generally evade this affiliation without repercussion? Do you believe this is someone that should be platformed? If so, why?

Edited by FOCK

I mean she's not an ideal role model that's for sure

Cardi B herself went back and assaulted the women, one of whom she thought had sex with her husband.

Source: NBCNewYork

Messy why wasn't she charged if she assaulted someone?

Edited by Insanity

3 minutes ago, Insanity said:

I mean she's not an ideal role model that's for sure

She does make note not to mention or platform it, aside from featuring gang members in her past music videos and her public support of Brim. Although admits it's out of fear of losing endorsements, so I dunno how genuine it is.

I did love that she endorsed Bernie's campaign. 

Edited by FOCK

1 minute ago, FOCK said:

She does make note not to mention or platform it, aside from featuring gang members in her past music videos and her public support of Brim. Although she does say it's out of fear of losing endorsements, so I dunno how genuine it is. I did love that she endorsed Bernie's campaign. 

Publicly supporting a gang member who is considered of high ranking is platforming it lol

Not a Nicholas Minaj fan trying to act morally superior.

holding-in.gif

At least Cardi is actually about that life. Minaj raps like they are but can't back it up.

8 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Messy why wasn't she charged if she assaulted someone?

She was, but got off without jail time.

Cardi B was indicted on a total of fourteen charges, which includes two felony counts of attempted assault with intent to cause serious physical injury and misdemeanor charges of reckless assault, endangerment, criminal solicitation, conspiracy, and harassment. Source

1 minute ago, Daydream said:

At least Cardi is actually about that life. Minaj raps like they are but can't back it up.

Totally.

It's the difference between expressing yourself through art/music, and actual physical violence and repping criminal organisations. 

4 minutes ago, FOCK said:

She was, but got off without jail time.

14 charges and 2 felonies :toofunny3: and no jail....